This plugin was made using Mentlegen's simple plugin as a base.
REQUIRES SOURCE SCRAMBLE FOR PROPER DEATH NOTICE FAKING.
-= Credits =-
= Mentlegen, for his original plugin that was used as a base. Even though he disappeared from Alliedmodders. =
= codename-G-, for their Fake Death plugin, created before the Dead Ringer was a thing, in which I took parts of the corpse creation code. =
= nosoop, for completely solving the death notice crisis whilst I stood by the sidelines, not being much help. Thanks, and sorry for not crediting you sooner, I completely forgot about your aid. =
-= Description =-
An All-Class Dead Ringer for TF2. This is currently unfinshed, but is functional for potentially 90% of the time.
Upon activation, a fake corpse + ammo pack + weapon is dropped, and the scoreboard and top-of-screen reporter's status for it's user will report them as 'dead' for as long as the cloak is active.
-= Features =-
- Fake corpse + fake ammo pack + weapon drop as well as fake death sounds.
- 3 seconds speed boost + fire immunity. (toggleable)
- Fake 'final hit' hitsounds.
- Recharge and cloak timers.
-= To-do =-
- Right-mouse click to drop cloak.
- Damage resistance. (functionality is there, but still W.I.P.)
- [TODO BUG-FIX]
Proper fix for sideways corpse spawn which happens while disguised.
- [TODO BUG-FIX]
Force heavies to stop revving/shooting their minigun once cloaked.
- [TODO BUG-FIX]
Fix healing condition still staying on a healed patient that uses AC-DR. Potentially overpowered
, will essentially give them regen and %150 of hp, requires quick fix
-= ConVars =-
= Set the time limit until the AC-DR fully recharges.
= Set the time limit the AC-DR cloaks the user for.
= Toggle speed-boost upon AC-DR usage.
= Toggle afterburn-immunity upon AC-DR usage.
= Makes Spies drop the corpse of the friendly disguise instead of themselves.
= Restrict Spies from using the AC-DR.
= Give other effects, most likely to attackers, that the normal DR couldn't. (W.I.P.)
= Force bots to enable their AC-DR on spawn. (W.I.P.)
= Damage is multiplied by this value for cloaked AC-DR users. Do <0.9 for lesser damage. (W.I.P.)
= Toggle the All-Class Dead Ringer.
= Toggle the All-Class Dead Ringer on a specified player. (Admin-only)
-= Further Info =-
- This isn't a complete recreation of the actual Dead Ringer's fake death mechanic, but it has a bit more features to feign death better. (Death state on top-of-screen reporter, unfinished fix for corpse spawning sideways if spy is disguised, etc.)
- The fix for the sideways fake corpse is not finished. The spy might blink into uber for a split-second before cloaking.
-= Releases =-
- Further fix of health-pack drop from Candy Cane.
- No more unreliable, glitchy timers for all clients! Uses a think hook on seperate clients instead.
- Tweaked/added a few features to sm_ac_dr_extra_effects.
- Fake ragdoll now takes up a slot of an actual player's death ragdoll.
- Added experimental code for adding the TF_DEATHFLAG_DEADRINGER bitflag to the fake player_death event.
- Added sm_ac_dr_extra_effects, sm_ac_dr_botspawn_toggle and sm_ac_dr_damage_res. (CVARs are W.I.P!)
- Fixed ragdolls of friendly disguises using the spy's actual cosmetics instead of the disguise's own ones if sm_ac_dr_friendlydis is enabled.
- Plugin will now load or auto-generate a TF2_AC_DR.cfg file for cvars in cfg/sourcemod.
- Fixed spy's cloak from watches not dropping for the Halloween cloak to properly take effect upon activation.
- Will now play the final hitsound on the attacking player.
- sm_fd_ply should now use the actual target names 100% of the time instead of reusing the argument string.
- Feigning death while disguised as a friendly will now use the disguised target's name instead of the real spy, if sm_ac_dr_friendlydis is in effect.
- Initial release.
-= Total Views (as of 7/23/2020) since Version 1.1.0
Source File = 32
Compiled File = 44
Gamedata File = 42
-= How to Install (IMPORTANT) =-
- Get the Source Scramble
Move the .txt file to your gamedata folder inside the Sourcemod directory. The plugin, by itself, will auto-generate the gamedata needed if it doesn't find one, hence this being optional.
- Move the .smx file to your plugins folder inside the Sourcemod directory.
IF YOU HAVE AN OLDER GAMEDATA .txt FILE, YOU MUST EITHER DELETE AND LET THE NEW PLUGIN AUTO-GENERATE OR REPLACE IT WITH A NEW ONE!