Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Hero Suggestion: Master Blaster

Post New Thread Reply   

Organs-Rare
Old 12-31-2004 , 11:21   Hero Suggestion: Master Blaster
Reply With Quote #1

So i was looking around and i didn't think i found any hero where you can get twin auto shottys. It would be kinda neat to see two shotguns blasting off at one person. Its kinda like the morpheus idea but with shotguns. If somebody does happen to take an interest, basically i would like each shotgun to shoot individually, not at the same time. (So you get this real cool effect, at least i would think, where you got your right shotgun shooting, followed by your left shotgun and back and forth, you get the idea.) And maybe on key down, you can get one real powerful shot, maybe like a laser or something that explodes on contact, causing maximum major damage. (well for my server, major damage would be like 125 out of the max of 150 ) Comes with all grenades, just to keep true to the name... MASTER BLASTER!

Possible CVARS
mblaster_level (for me it would be somwhere between 10-15, but lets say 15 for default. Obvious cvar though i know)
mblaster_shotgmulti (1.3 for default, since its already powerful enough)
mblaster_health (150 default, only cause i hate rediculously high hp counts)
mblaster_armor (250 default, whatever)
mblaster_blastermaxdamage (125 default, you could raise it depending on your server if it seems too low)
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2004 , 13:26  
Reply With Quote #2

well, this is more than making a hero, it is also making the model for dual auto shotty
Old 12-31-2004 , 13:56  
Reply With Quote #3

Yea, if your up for it, that would be great, go for it, assuming you know how. If i knew, i wouldn't even bother asking.
MTS Steel DrAgoN
Veteran Member
Old 12-31-2004 , 16:16  
Reply With Quote #4

http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=30258

dual M3's
just change the cvars to what you asked and ask someone with coding experience to help you with the "big shot"
Send a message via AIM to MTS Steel DrAgoN
Organs-Rare
Old 01-05-2005 , 17:41  
Reply With Quote #5

Well is anybody else up for the challenge. I would really appreciate it, and i think its a good idea. But then again alot of you can call me an idiot as well lol. Anyway, since the model must be hard to make im sure this hero will be a challenge. If anybody is currently working on it by any chance, tell me
kanu | DarkPredator
Old 01-05-2005 , 17:58  
Reply With Quote #6

making a model/skin/animations for a gun is really hard, and i doubt that many people here know how to do it, you need to find a forum aoubt skinning/modeling/animations and post there first, then once you get your skin, come here and someone will add it to the thero you want
Old 01-25-2005 , 20:10  
Reply With Quote #7

Ok, Well i couldn't find a dual auto shotty model, but i did find one that basically holds true to his name.

http://www.csbanana.com/[email protected]

So using that model, could somebody with coding experience do the rest?
Chivas2973
Veteran Member
Old 01-27-2005 , 10:38  
Reply With Quote #8

I don't think anyone is gonna make you a model hero cause it is too easy to rip, try it yourself, open the sma of any model hero, like morpheus with notepad, then just change everywhere it says morpheus to Masterblaster, everywhere it says morph to mblaster everywhere it says Morph to Mblaster (notice the capital letter, it is important) then you need to change where it says mp5navy to xm1014 and where it says MP5NAVY change to XM1014
then change the model name
Quote:
public plugin_precache()
{
precache_model("models/shmod/morpheus_mp5.mdl")
}
to
Quote:
public plugin_precache()
{
precache_model("models/shmod/mblaster_xm1014.mdl")
}
and everywhere else you find
models/shmod/morpheus_mp5.mdl
change it

make sure the model you have is named mblaster_xm1014, just rename it an then put it in this folder models/shmod/

save it as sh_masterblaser.sma then compile it like here
http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=31506

that should do it, you just made your own hero
Old 01-27-2005 , 18:37  
Reply With Quote #9

Oke doke, thanks Chivas. I dont have the "big shot" (laser that explodes on contact) but i'll do what you told me to do. If you could though, you think you may be able to in the future to code that "big shot" ?

Thank you btw.
Organs-Rare
Old 01-27-2005 , 21:47  
Reply With Quote #10

I got an idea, what if the "Big Shot" was just the swirling death missle from the bazooka hero?! Could somebody do that?