[HLDM] Snake vs. Monkey
Author: Gabe Iggy
Version: 0.8.9 Beta
This project is an attempt to port the SVM gamemode from the game Half-Life 2: Jaykin' Bacon Source to Half-Life Deathmatch via AMXX.
In this gamemode, the players will rotate and one of them will become Snake and the rest will become soldiers (Monkey). The objective of the monkeys is to prevent Snake from reaching the Kerotan (Green Frog Dolls) either by laying traps or finding and killing snake outright. Snake wins either by killing all the monkeys or by reaching the Kerotan.
Snake is equipped with a Cardboard Box, a .357 revolver, grenades and satchel charges. The cardboard box allows him to hide and become unnoticeable as long he remains crouched and not moving.
The monkeys are equipped with Shotgun, 9mm Assault Rifle, 9mm Handgun and Tripmines.
This gamemode has a very strong Metal Gear Solid theming.
CS1.6's assassination maps (as_) are surprisingly good for this gamemode and it's recommended you use them whenever you can, although via console commands you can create support for virtually any map.
This plugin requires the following to work:
Admin Console Commands
Enables the plugin. (Default 1)
Each round time limit, in seconds. (Default 300)
Round Freeze Time, in seconds. (Default 10)
Spawns a Kerotan point in your position.
Spawns a Snake Spawn Point
Saves all Kerotans and Snake Spawn Points in the map
The following console variables are required to be set on a certain value for this gamemode to work
- mp_welcomecam 0 (Only on Half-Life Bugfixed)
- mp_teamplay 1
- mp_allowmonsters 1
- mp_teamlist "Snake;Monkey"
- Half-Life (Only the custom bugfixed release was tested, but it should work with the vanilla binary)
The following games were not tested, but they should work.
- Opposing Force
- Adrenaline Gamer
- Adrenaline Gamer Mini
- Do not download the .amxx file from here. As the webcompiler lacks the includes needed to generate the plugin correctly.
- Download and install the contents of assets.zip in your game directory.
- Place the contents of scripts in your scripting directory.
- Compile the .sma files (hldm_snake_vs_monkey.sma and box_philosophy.sma) and install the newly generated .amxx files. (Remember to install the latest version of Weapon Mod in your server)
This mod is part of my Multi Mod server, so you can test it there.
Just click the banner and you will join automatically.
- The Podunkian
HL2JKS creator, original gamemode creator.
- Gabe Iggy
Save file system (for entities)
For Metal Gear Solid Series
CSCZ SAS rigging to HLDM
Snake's model was taken from another mod (Ragnarok Arena). Going to add the author as soon I get home.
This gamemode has limited bot support.
- Bots will never become Snake (as they are unable to hide or complete the objective).
- They won't see Snake through the card board box. (as long the condition for hiding are met, ie: if Snake is moving they will attack him)
- Even though it's technically an NPC monster, the bots will not try to attack the Kerotan.
- Initial public beta release