Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)

Post New Thread Reply   

sneaK
SourceMod Moderator
Old 05-17-2019 , 03:37   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
You can always recompile all maps without HDR and compile them again with it. The client crash is caused by changing maps from HDR to LDR or vice versa
No it is not, this has been proven to be absolutely wrong time and time again. Please stop spreading this misinformation.
Old 05-17-2019 , 16:24   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaK View Post
No it is not, this has been proven to be absolutely wrong time and time again. Please stop spreading this misinformation.
Yes it is, most famous servers on CSGO are playing only HDR maps, if you put a map with LDR, this can cause client-crashes. I did this too for my server and it's working properly without any map crash plugin

*Edit: more information here

Last edited by NanoC; 05-17-2019 at 16:30.
Send a message via Skype™ to NanoC
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2019 , 14:29   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashinoda View Post
This is an alternative version of BOT Benson's plugin which was later modified by Agent Wesker.

I made this for my clan server (5-10 players max), I haven't had any client crashes using RCON or CS:GO Map Voting. If you are using RTV, SM Map Voting, Extended Mapchooser etc. you may be better off with BOT Benson's plugin.
Is anyone using it with the Mapchooser Extended Plugin and having trouble with this version? Or should I stick with the Agent Wesker version.

Last edited by paulo_crash; 05-30-2019 at 14:30.
aykocity
Old 05-30-2019 , 16:54   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #44

Why can't this problem be resolved?
hoycieto
Old 05-30-2019 , 17:28   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulo_crash View Post
Is anyone using it with the Mapchooser Extended Plugin and having trouble with this version? Or should I stick with the Agent Wesker version.
Yep, not working for me using mapchooser extended :/ I haven't found fix unfortunately
paulo_crash
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2019 , 20:59   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoycieto View Post
Yep, not working for me using mapchooser extended :/ I haven't found fix unfortunately
Um, I understand, I'll be watching the Agent Wesker version to see if it works.
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-30-2019 , 21:05   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #47

sneaK insists that the problem isn't caused by LDR maps. However, through account of many people who have gone through switching to only using maps compiled with HDR, clearly the problem seems to go away for the most part when you do only use HDR maps.

It went away almost entirely when I switched to only using HDR maps, besides one particular map that I had decompiled/recompiled (out of a few that I had done the same to). Originally I thought this crashing problem was just me on this map, and when I opened both the map I changed to and map I changed from in Hammer, I saw a prop that had was just that giant error box.

I took the embedded files folder I got when I decompiled the map, and dragged it into my csgo directory. After this, I stopped crashing, but mostly everyone else continued to (obviously at this point I realized it wasn't just me who was crashing on map change for this map). Then I recompiled the map again and the crashing stopped. So I assume I just packed the map incorrectly originally, and that was causing the crashing for people on that specific map? Or maybe it was just a coincidence?

Maybe instead, the problem is that all of these maps need to be recompiled regardless of it being in HDR or LDR? Someone could test if compiling one of these working non-crashing HDR maps in LDR results in the crashing problem.

Regardless, I don't use this plugin or BOT Benson/Agent Wesker's, and clients on my server don't crash on map change after I switched to only using HDR maps.

Last edited by Effeff; 05-30-2019 at 21:07.
NanoC
Veteran Member
Old 05-31-2019 , 00:01   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by Effeff View Post
sneaK insists that the problem isn't caused by LDR maps. However, through account of many people who have gone through switching to only using maps compiled with HDR, clearly the problem seems to go away for the most part when you do only use HDR maps.

It went away almost entirely when I switched to only using HDR maps, besides one particular map that I had decompiled/recompiled (out of a few that I had done the same to). Originally I thought this crashing problem was just me on this map, and when I opened both the map I changed to and map I changed from in Hammer, I saw a prop that had was just that giant error box.

I took the embedded files folder I got when I decompiled the map, and dragged it into my csgo directory. After this, I stopped crashing, but mostly everyone else continued to (obviously at this point I realized it wasn't just me who was crashing on map change for this map). Then I recompiled the map again and the crashing stopped. So I assume I just packed the map incorrectly originally, and that was causing the crashing for people on that specific map? Or maybe it was just a coincidence?

Maybe instead, the problem is that all of these maps need to be recompiled regardless of it being in HDR or LDR? Someone could test if compiling one of these working non-crashing HDR maps in LDR results in the crashing problem.

Regardless, I don't use this plugin or BOT Benson/Agent Wesker's, and clients on my server don't crash on map change after I switched to only using HDR maps.
Trust, everybody can fix this crashing issue if server managers upload only HDR maps instead LDR. I know that it's annoying but i think its the only way so far.
I was using LDR maps (with and without those mapcrash plugins) and crashes stilled there.
There're a lot of communities using only HDR maps. I tested this by myself and i can confirm this 100%. I recompiled every map LDR on my server and people stopped crashing.
Sorry for my bad english
Old 05-31-2019 , 02:40   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by NanoC View Post
Trust, everybody can fix this crashing issue if server managers upload only HDR maps instead LDR. I know that it's annoying but i think its the only way so far.
I was using LDR maps (with and without those mapcrash plugins) and crashes stilled there.
There're a lot of communities using only HDR maps. I tested this by myself and i can confirm this 100%. I recompiled every map LDR on my server and people stopped crashing.
Sorry for my bad english
Can u write a little manual how someone can rebuild map with hdr?
And if it a workshop map, does the radar stay?
Cuz i try use workshop map from root maps folder once, and the radar was black...
Effeff
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-31-2019 , 04:50   Re: [CSGO] Panorama Map Crash Fix (v1.4.0 30/03/2019)
Reply With Quote #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by arestonelle View Post
Can u write a little manual how someone can rebuild map with hdr?
And if it a workshop map, does the radar stay?
Cuz i try use workshop map from root maps folder once, and the radar was black...
1: Get BSPSource
2: Wherever you extract the .zip to, run either bspinfo.bat or bspinfo.sh. A window should open.
3: Go to the workshop page of whatever map you have noticed players crash on during map change, and get the workshop ID from the top. (it is the number at the end of the url: ?id=#####...)
4: Navigate to ./csgo/maps/workshop/ and open the folder with that ID as its name
5: Drag the .bsp in that folder into the bspinfo window.
6: In General, under Detected compile parameters, on the vrad line, check if it says "-ldr". If it says "-both" or "-hdr" then the map is not LDR. If it is not LDR, then the map probably doesn't have a problem (this is not confirmed though, all just theory). If it is LDR, continue.
7: IMPORTANT. Contact the creator of that workshop map asking them if they can recompile the map in HDR, because CS:GO is not meant to have maps in LDR.

It is looked down upon to recompile the map and host it on a server without permission (plagiarism?). It is straight up wrong to recompile the map and then publish it to the workshop (plagiarism!). Ask the original author if they can do it. If they don't want to, offer to do it yourself. However, if you are not familiar with how to properly compile/pack a map, you should not be trying to fix this on your own. If you insist, you have to find out on your own, as I don't want to assist in plagiarism.

There's probably a way to automate this process but I don't know how. So, you would have to repeat these steps for each map on your server. Preferably, only check maps that you are suspicious of being involved with the crashing. If clients crash during a map change, the maps that could potentially be a problem are both the map they were playing before the change and the map after they change (also just theory, not fact).

Last edited by Effeff; 05-31-2019 at 04:51.