Raised This Month: $344 Target: $400
 86%   Almost there!

How to solve this problem?


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
geipoe
Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: China
Old 02-08-2018 , 12:45   How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #1

I upload 48 tripartity maps on my server,sometimes when there are 1-2 players are playing one of those maps,another player put in and the server will crash with this:
Client "xxxxx" connected (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : xxxxx).
############################################# ########################################
Can't recreate dictionary for maps/l4d2_crashbandicootvs1.bsp, file must be writable!!!
############################################# ########################################
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Server restart in 10 seconds

Can anyone help me with this,thanks a lot.
__________________
I'm not good at English, please ignoring my bad expression.

Last edited by geipoe; 02-08-2018 at 12:46.
geipoe is offline
freak.exe_uLow
AlliedModders Donor
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Germany
Old 02-08-2018 , 13:01   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
I upload 48 tripartity maps on my server,sometimes when there are 1-2 players are playing one of those maps,another player put in and the server will crash with this:
Client "xxxxx" connected (xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx : xxxxx).
############################################# ########################################
Can't recreate dictionary for maps/l4d2_crashbandicootvs1.bsp, file must be writable!!!
############################################# ########################################
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes
Host_Error: Overflow error writing string table baseline Scenes
Segmentation fault (core dumped)
Add "-debug" to the ./srcds_run command line to generate a debug.log to help with solving this problem
Server restart in 10 seconds

Can anyone help me with this,thanks a lot.
Mhh maybe this here "file must be writable!!!" give the map the "640" required rights and try it again :/
freak.exe_uLow is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Old 02-09-2018 , 22:34   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
[...]
The client isn't the cause of the crash. It's the map's fault.

Simply because there's no stringtable dictionary on some maps in some custom campaigns. The crash doesn't occur when the map is loaded with players. It happens when someone TRIES to join the map when there ARE other players.

Once that someone connects, the server tries to write a new stringtable in the (non-writable, maybe?) .bsp file but since it is already packed, the server has no other choice but to abort the process and force crash.

There is three ways to fix this, though. Either:
  1. Manually type "stringtabledictionary" in the server console (but you need to restart the map after this),
  2. Add "-stringtables" in the server's launch parameters, or;
  3. Set "stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries" convar to 1 to let the server create a stringtable automatically while the custom map is being loaded.

Last edited by cravenge; 02-09-2018 at 22:34.
cravenge is offline
geipoe
Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: China
Old 02-11-2018 , 09:22   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
The client isn't the cause of the crash. It's the map's fault.

Simply because there's no stringtable dictionary on some maps in some custom campaigns. The crash doesn't occur when the map is loaded with players. It happens when someone TRIES to join the map when there ARE other players.

Once that someone connects, the server tries to write a new stringtable in the (non-writable, maybe?) .bsp file but since it is already packed, the server has no other choice but to abort the process and force crash.

There is three ways to fix this, though. Either:
  1. Manually type "stringtabledictionary" in the server console (but you need to restart the map after this),
  2. Add "-stringtables" in the server's launch parameters, or;
  3. Set "stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries" convar to 1 to let the server create a stringtable automatically while the custom map is being loaded.
Thanks for the help,i will try it this way.
With the 1st way:
stringtabledictionary
############################################# ########################################
Can't recreate dictionary for maps/bha01.bsp, file must be writable!!!
############################################# ########################################
The 2nd and 3rd way seems have no effect,it still crash the server when a new player join.
Maybe i should just delete this kind of bad maps.
__________________
I'm not good at English, please ignoring my bad expression.

Last edited by geipoe; 02-11-2018 at 10:42.
geipoe is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Old 02-12-2018 , 07:02   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by geipoe View Post
[...]
Huh? Odd... 1st fix should have done this.

Anyways, when you used the 2nd or 3rd fix, did a message like one below showed? (The map name is just an example.)
PHP Code:
============== Host_ChangeLevel ==============
Stringtable for maps/rocketbuild1.bsp rebuilt successfully
cravenge is offline
Visual77
Veteran Member
Join Date: Jan 2009
Old 02-12-2018 , 07:23   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #6

Would it work automated in a plugin? If OnMapStart is too late, maybe AddCommandListener to changelevel, check the argument of changelevel and do the action.

Code:
OnMapStart(){ mapStringContains l4d2_crashbandicoot ? ServerCommand("stringtabledictionary") : return; }
Or
Code:
OnMapStart(){ mapStringContains l4d2_crashbandicoot ? stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries.SetInt(1) : stringtable_alwaysrebuilddictionaries.RestoreDefault();

Last edited by Visual77; 02-12-2018 at 07:38.
Visual77 is offline
cravenge
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Middle of Nowhere
Old 02-13-2018 , 07:35   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #7

Forgot to mention this important note:
Quote:
Once the map's stringtable dictionary is rebuilt, your clients will have no other choice but to download your server's versions, leaving them no access to other servers which have the original versions of the map.
Sooo... The best solutions would be either to request an update of the campaign from its author or, as what as you have mentioned, remove those maps.

Last edited by cravenge; 02-13-2018 at 07:45.
cravenge is offline
geipoe
Member
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: China
Old 02-22-2018 , 23:02   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge View Post
Huh? Odd... 1st fix should have done this.

Anyways, when you used the 2nd or 3rd fix, did a message like one below showed? (The map name is just an example.)
PHP Code:
============== Host_ChangeLevel ==============
Stringtable for maps/rocketbuild1.bsp rebuilt successfully
Sorry for the late reply for something busy,i try the 1st way and it says:
Code:
Updated stringtable dictionary saved to maps/msd2_gasstation.bsp
I have on idea about solving this problem,maybe remove them is the best way,thanks for the help.
By the way,is that possible causing this problem because i've played these maps on my PC before i upload them?
__________________
I'm not good at English, please ignoring my bad expression.

Last edited by geipoe; 02-22-2018 at 23:07.
geipoe is offline
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ukraine
Old 05-17-2019 , 07:26   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #9

Code:
#0 0xb5feefcc in Sys_Error_Internal(bool, char const*, char*) () from /home/server4419/game/bin/engine.so
#0 0xb5feefcc in Sys_Error_Internal(bool, char const*, char*) () from /home/server4419/game/bin/engine.so
#1 0xb5feeff3 in Sys_Error(char const*, ...) () from /home/server4419/game/bin/engine.so
#2 0xb5f45498 in Host_Error(char const*, ...) () from /home/server4419/game/bin/engine.so
#3 0xb5f7cd22 in CNetworkStringTableContainer::WriteBaselines(char const*, bf_write&) () from /home/server4419/game/bin/engine.so
Quote:
Originally Posted by cravenge
Sooo... The best solutions would be either to request an update of the campaign from its author or, as what as you have mentioned, remove those maps.
Maybe, we could somehow temporarily block that engine's function WriteBaselines() using e.g. DHooks or so?
__________________
Expert of CMD/VBS/VB6. Malware analyst. L4D fun (Bloody Witch)
[My plugins] [My tools] [GitHub] [Articles] [Donate]

Last edited by Dragokas; 05-17-2019 at 07:28.
Dragokas is offline
Dragokas
Veteran Member
Join Date: Nov 2017
Location: Ukraine
Old 05-17-2019 , 07:46   Re: How to solve this problem?
Reply With Quote #10

As about map rebuilding, here is more detailed explanation (not tested yet):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guillaume
How to fix:

- extract the freddyfazbearspizzeria1987.vpk into the add-on folder ("Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\") by dragging it into "Left 4 Dead 2\bin\vpk.exe"
- make sure the folder isn't write protected
- run Left 4 Dead 4, run the fnaf2 map in either single player or listen server (local host) mode
- open up the console
- type "stringtabledictionary"
- type "buildcubemaps", wait until it is done
- quit
- move and replace fnaf2.bsp from "Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\maps\" to "Left 4 Dead 2\left4dead2\addons\freddyfazbearspizzeria198 7\maps"
- repack the map into a vpk by dragging it into vpk.exe again
Source: https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/...46292769227606
__________________
Expert of CMD/VBS/VB6. Malware analyst. L4D fun (Bloody Witch)
[My plugins] [My tools] [GitHub] [Articles] [Donate]
Dragokas is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 00:29.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode