Category: Admin Commands
Join Date: Oct 2013
JailBreak Simon Counter
- An optimized version of the well-known plugin for JailBreak that allows Simon to start a timer for the command's completion. The plugin can be used on any server by disabling the mod-specific support, making it available only for admins with a specific flag. This version of the plugin also includes a command to stop the timer, automatic stopping when the round ends/starts, as well as a configuration file with many options.
- By default, the plugin is meant for a server that uses a modified JailBreak Extreme mod that has a native to check whether a player is Simon or not. If you're using this mod, but it doesn't have the required native (you will notice that if the plugin throws an error "plugin uses an unknown function"), I suggest downloading my version from here.
- The name of the native is is_user_simon(id). If your mod has a different name for it, you will need to change it (it's in the first lines of the code).
- If you want to completely disable the JailBreak support and use this plugin on any server, simply comment (or delete) these two lines:
#define IS_SIMON(%1) is_user_simon(%1)
- jbcounter_reload -- reloads the configuration file.
- /time <seconds> [speed] -- this command starts the timer. /time 5 will start the timer for 5 seconds. You can change the speed of the timer by adding a second parameter, e.g. /time 5 0.5 will make the timer's numbers change twice as fast (because the default speed is 1.0). /time 5 2 means that one number in the timer is equal to 2 seconds, and so on. The smallest allowed value is 0.1.
- /stop -- force-stops the timer.
- The settings can be found in configs/SimonCounter.ini.
☄ Additional information and download link
- TIMER_COMMAND -- the chat command that activates the timer.
- STOP_COMMAND -- the chat command that force-stops the timer.
- TIMER_SECONDS -- allowed seconds for the timer (5, 10, 15, etc). If you add 3 dots (...) between two numbers, all numbers between them will be added. For example, writing 30 ... 100 will make all numbers from 30 to 100 available for using, so the timer can be started for any duration between 30 and 100 seconds (/time 30, /time 31, /time 32, ..., /time 100).
- HIDE_COMMAND_IN_CHAT -- if enabled, the commands won't be shown in the chat.
- CHAT_MESSAGES -- controls whether timer-related messages will be shown in the chat (when it started, who started it, when it ended).
- STOP_SOUND -- the sound for force-stopping the timer.
- TIMER_FOR_ADMINS -- the admin flag that will grant players access to the commands even if they're not Simon. Leave it blank to disable this option and make the commands available for Simon only.
- TIMER_SPEED -- the default timer speed. 1.0 means that 1 second in the timer will be equal to 1 second in real life.
- SPEECH_PATH -- the folder containing the sounds that will be used for counting. By default it is set to "vox" which contains the default male speaker sounds. If you change it to "fvox", the female speaker will be used instead. You can also set your custom directory if you manage to find/make your own sounds.
- HUD_USE_DHUD -- if enabled, the timer will use DHUD instead of HUD messages.
- HUD_RED -- RGB value for the timer (red). Use -1 for a random value.
- HUD_GREEN -- RGB value for the timer (green). Use -1 for a random value.
- HUD_BLUE -- RGB value for the timer (blue). Use -1 for a random value.
- HUD_X -- X position for the timer.
- HUD_Ys -- Y position for the timer.
- HUD_EFFECTS -- effects for the timer (0 = no effect; 1 = blinking; 2 = typewriter).
- HUD_FXTIME -- duration of the effect.
Last edited by OciXCrom; 07-17-2018 at 10:05.