Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Empty Server Control (requires metamods fake full)

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:         
TnP | Ass Master
Old 05-29-2006 , 14:37   Empty Server Control (requires metamods fake full)
Reply With Quote #1

This is just a rough draft. I whipped it up for my server to use w/ fake full.

My first plugin btw. It jsut keeps the ammout of fake players just above normal players, instead of having 16 fake players in your server and lookin like a newb, it just keeps 4 more than normal players until its maxed, then removes them.

This is my first plugin so if anybody sees anything goofy or wrong let me know and keep in mind i just learned how to script yesterday

Also the only way i could get this to work properly was to set a task to it, is that a good idea or is there a better way of doing it?

Code:
#include <amxmodx> #include <amxmisc> #define PLUGIN "Empty Server Control" #define VERSION "0.3" #define AUTHOR "TnP | Ass Master"     //      This plugin will keep fake clients (under metamods fake full plugin) //  and czbots in the server until the max is reached, then remove them //    //      amx_ff_max     (default:19)    When the min fake clients + real players = this, it will remove all fake clients //                          A good value for this is your server size minus 1 or 2 //      amx_ff_min      (default:4)    The min fake clients to have in your server //    //  //  public plugin_init()     {     register_plugin(PLUGIN, VERSION, AUTHOR)         register_cvar("amx_ff_max","18")     register_cvar("amx_ff_min","4")     set_task(0.33, "setffplayers", 20, "", 0, "ab")     set_task(20.0, "restartround", 20, "", 0, "")     return PLUGIN_CONTINUE     } public setffplayers()     {     new rp[32]     new realplayers, i     new maxff = (get_cvar_num("amx_ff_max"))     new minff = (get_cvar_num("amx_ff_min"))     get_players(rp, realplayers, "c")     for (i=0; i<realplayers; i++)     //Fake Full Controls         if((realplayers + minff) < maxff)     {   server_cmd("ff_players %d", (realplayers + minff))     }          else {  server_cmd("ff_players 0")     }     }
Attached Files
File Type: zip fakefull-1.3.zip (73.4 KB, 506 views)
File Type: sma Get Plugin or Get Source (fakefull_control.sma - 1514 views - 1.2 KB)
SubStream
Veteran Member
Old 05-30-2006 , 12:40  
Reply With Quote #2

Nice pick for a first plugin to work on.

You really do not need to post the fakefull mod though because all you are doing is taking up your own attachment space. Just provide a link to it and that should be enough for people (or just keep it up if you really want to but it's not necessary).

I thought there was a working version of a fakefull plugin but I didn't see one when I searched. Guess it is unsupported or went out of date.

Here
Code:
if(realplayers > minbots)     {     botquota = keepbots + realplayers     }     else {     botquota = minbots        }
would look better like this:
Code:
if(realplayers > minbots)     {         botquota = keepbots + realplayers     }     else     {         botquota = minbots        }
because that uses better indentation and is consistent. If your style is to put the { brackets on the same line of if and else statements then you should do it consistently. Likewise if you put them on the next line as shown above, it should be consistent so that your code looks neat. The entire plugin has many places in the code you could do this and improve your indentation to look neater and easier to read. If you fix the indentation and the style which you place the brackets (either on the same line or the next) to be consistent, the code would look much better and easier to read.

The coding looks fine and compiles with no errors so good work on everything overall--GJ!

I hope this has been helpful.
TnP | Ass Master
Old 05-30-2006 , 15:28  
Reply With Quote #3

Yea, i'd seen a couple of em in the trash, but they worked the same as meta mods fakefull. No extra featrues.
bmann_420
AMX_Super Pooper
Old 05-31-2006 , 17:15  
Reply With Quote #4

Metamod fakefull works now? Suprising.

I am using jtp's on his CVS that we ended up fixing due to the bots joining the team. But he hasnt posted it yet.

But good job if everything works, its just the last time I tried the metmod's fakefull it was buggy as hell.
Old 06-02-2006 , 01:37  
Reply With Quote #5

Nah, the metamod FF seems to work fine.

Also i'm skipping the bot part of the plugin. Main reason bots crash my server for some reason after 1-10 hours at random, so the cz botcontrol isn't at fault and its a much better plugin than this one.
*<3*
Old 06-08-2006 , 09:37  
Reply With Quote #6

get this error in console when loading fakefull..

unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players
unknow ff_players

and i just continues until the server stops.
whats wrong. ?
MorpheusCratus
Old 06-08-2006 , 14:03  
Reply With Quote #7

You should research on making this plugin create its own fake full bots, that way it doesnt need the metamod one
voivod
Old 06-09-2006 , 22:44  
Reply With Quote #8

great, develope this plugin!!
but it sadly crashes my server with or without this amxx plugin
i suggest u to develop a amxx standalone, without mm one
TnP | Ass Master
Old 06-12-2006 , 08:48  
Reply With Quote #9

I dunno, i think this is abit over my head to create the plugin . Does anybody know how to use these:

Code:
FM_CreateFakeClient EngFunc_CreateFakeClient

And for the metamod fake full make sure you load the cfg file.
jtp10181
Veteran Member
Old 06-12-2006 , 11:15  
Reply With Quote #10

the metamod fakefull has lots of issues, it is simple to make fake clients without it by using fakemeta.