Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TS] Strip a players weapon?

Post New Thread Reply   

Infest
Old 09-23-2016 , 06:07   [TS] Strip a players weapon?
Reply With Quote #1

I have found trying to quickly change a players weapon, and drop their current weapon (with client_cmd drop) to be too inefficient when dealing with players with a high latency.

These two implementations appear to strip my weapon, but do not update my hud, I can also not attack or pick up weapons after I use these function:
fm_strip_user_weapons(id)
strip_user_weapons(id)

http://i.imgur.com/fLASqWc.png

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showpo...52&postcount=1
I tried playing with this function too but it fails on debug number 3 (fails to find an entity by string search I assume)
http://i.imgur.com/eW3uNqG.png

I called this function with the following:
PHP Code:
new iWeapon get_user_weapon(id__
new 
sWeaponName[32]
get_weaponname(iWeaponsWeaponNamesizeof(sWeaponName)-1)
ham_strip_weapon(idsWeaponName
so I believe I am feeding this function the correct/intended string

Is stripping a players weapon possible in TS?

Last edited by Infest; 09-23-2016 at 09:44.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-23-2016 , 15:32   Re: [TS] Strip a players weapon?
Reply With Quote #2

Quote:
I have found trying to quickly change a players weapon, and drop their current weapon (with client_cmd drop) to be too inefficient when dealing with players with a high latency.
Look for engclient_cmd. When using client_cmd command is firstly sent to client, then client send it to engine and as you saw it can be delayed.
engclient_cmd emulate the command and send it directly to the server. Since command is never sent to client there is no delay. As a note, if you send a command with engclient_cmd it won't be received by plugins and/or modules(a common case is when a plugin is trying to hook drop command it does register_clcmd("drop", ...)).
If you want this kind of hooking, for amxx 1.8.3 dev use amxclient_cmd. For 1.8.2 you have no way around englient_cmd, unfortunately.

Quote:
These two implementations appear to strip my weapon, but do not update my hud, I can also not attack or pick up weapons after I use these function:
fm_strip_user_weapons(id)
strip_user_weapons(id)
For your information, most of fakemeta_util functions are simply conversions from already existing modules. They are slower because of being implementated in a plugin and not in a module, and should not be used. Also fm_strip_user_weapons does not even reset the user weapon.

To update the hud you can use user_has_weapon and set the 3rd param to 0(this means weapon will be removed from player's weapon list, which fix the hud). It has the same behaviour as doing pev_weapons & ~ (1 << weaponid).

About shooting and weapon pickup something inside dll is not reset properly, but since I know nothing about TS I can't say for sure. Can you upload the linux mod dll in your next post so I can check?
Old 09-23-2016 , 20:33   Re: [TS] Strip a players weapon?
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HamletEagle View Post
Look for engclient_cmd. When using client_cmd command is firstly sent to client, then client send it to engine and as you saw it can be delayed.
engclient_cmd emulate the command and send it directly to the server. Since command is never sent to client there is no delay. As a note, if you send a command with engclient_cmd it won't be received by plugins and/or modules(a common case is when a plugin is trying to hook drop command it does register_clcmd("drop", ...)).
If you want this kind of hooking, for amxx 1.8.3 dev use amxclient_cmd. For 1.8.2 you have no way around englient_cmd, unfortunately.
Ah interesting, I wasn't aware there was a difference. I switched to engclient_cmd, although I had to add a 0.05 delay to the command, else it would crash the server. I'll test with a high latency player and see if this will work as a viable workaround.

Quote:
To update the hud you can use user_has_weapon and set the 3rd param to 0(this means weapon will be removed from player's weapon list, which fix the hud). It has the same behaviour as doing pev_weapons & ~ (1 << weaponid).

About shooting and weapon pickup something inside dll is not reset properly, but since I know nothing about TS I can't say for sure. Can you upload the linux mod dll in your next post so I can check
user_has_weapon(id, iWeapon, 0) and set_pev(id,pev_weapons,pev(id,pev_weapons) & ~(1<<iWeapon)) updated the HUD unfortunately.

Here is both ts_i386.so and ts_i686.so linux dll's for you to take a look at. (not sure which one you needed)
Attached Files
File Type: so ts_i386.so (1.66 MB, 30 views)
File Type: so ts_i686.so (1.66 MB, 124 views)

Last edited by Infest; 09-23-2016 at 20:34.
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 09-24-2016 , 04:35   Re: [TS] Strip a players weapon?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
user_has_weapon(id, iWeapon, 0) and set_pev(id,pev_weapons,pev(id,pev_weapons) & ~(1<<iWeapon)) updated the HUD unfortunately.
It worked or not? I'm not sure to understand.
Old 09-24-2016 , 05:02   Re: [TS] Strip a players weapon?
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
It worked or not? I'm not sure to understand.
My bad, I meant it did not update the hud correctly