About L Duke's Tripmines: Reborn:
L Duke's Tripmines: Reborn
This was just something I did because I felt like it. It was a really easy fix. Just changed the entity from prop_physics_override to prop_dynamic_override (so it would actually stick to walls), change the way the beam is generated so it doesn't share the same "ent" variable name as the model, and converted 99% of the source code to new syntax (convars haven't been converted to new syntax yet)
I'll eventually update this thing further with additional features and some game detection (because it uses Hint text and that could screw up for games that don't have Hint text) and other fun stuff.
Need proof it's working? Check out these images:
There's only one command in this plugin, sm_tripmine
. It's a publicly accessible command, and you have to be right up against and facing a wall/floor/ceiling in order to place a tripmine.
You can override access to the command via your "admin_overrides.cfg" file. Just add in "sm_tripmine" "flag"
. Just replace the "flag"
bit with whatever flag you want to restrict it to, i.e. "z"
- sm_tripmines2016_version - Standard version convar. Do not touch!
- sm_tripmines_allowed - Number of tripmines to spawn with?
- sm_tripmines_activate_time - Time before the trip beam is activated?
- sm_tripmines_model - Model to use for the tripmine?
- Default: "models/props_lab/tpplug.mdl"
- sm_tripmines_restrictedteam - Which team should be restricted from getting tripmines?
- Default: 0
- Usage: This is based off the team number. 0 is Spectator (not that Specs can place tripmines anyway), 1 is RED, 2 is BLU (that's usually the case).
- Download the plugin (available via Github)
- Extract the plugin to your server.
- rcon sm plugins load tripmines2016
This should work on just about every game...I think. I tested it in TF2 and that's all I've tested it in.
Hint Text may cause issues with some games but as I said above, I plan to update this plugin significantly and add some proper engine detection to handle the Hint Text situation
- Created the original Tripmines plugin.
There shouldn't be any errors or bugs in this plugin, but if you do happen to find any, please let me know on this thread and I'll try my best to correct the issues! And as well, if you have any suggestions for ways to rework my code, or suggestions of new things to add, let me know!