Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Stats - Missing CS:GO servers.

Post New Thread Reply   

Timon5022
Old 05-10-2016 , 11:37   Stats - Missing CS:GO servers.
Reply With Quote #1

I was looking at the stats page.

It says that CS:GO servers can no longer be queried due to some engine change?.

So is there any way of knowing on how many servers SourceMod is installed?

When did this happen and ss it possible to know what change made it break?

Are there any plans on getting it fixed?

Thanks in advance!
Send a message via MSN to Timon5022
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-10-2016 , 12:35   Re: Stats - Missing CS:GO servers.
Reply With Quote #2

Some CS:GO engine changes put a hard cap on the max packet size, and removed automatic split packets for connectionless data (such as A2S queries).

The CS:GO team then intentionally made A2S_Rules responses contain nothing by default (or maybe it just doesn't respond), rather than containing all FCVAR_NOTIFY convars and values. It otherwise was getting cut off after the engine change. There is now a whitelist which you have to manually add convars to.

Unless every user manually adds "sourcemod_version" to the whitelist, it isn't possible to poll for existence of it on a gameserver from the outside with the current implementation.

(We could add some SourceMod-specific reporting if we really wanted, but it's not a high priority. Another option would be to have SourceMod add itself to the whitelist, but altering servers' files without explicit consent is also less than ideal).
Timon5022
Old 05-10-2016 , 13:26   Re: Stats - Missing CS:GO servers.
Reply With Quote #3

I see, that makes a lot of sense.

Consequently, because no servers exists on the stats page for CS:GO, does that mean that no one has added "sourcemod_version" to their whitelist?

Even if SourceMod is added to the whitelist, how would you then query it? I assume that A2S_Rules still does not work (as according to the developer wiki).

EDIT:
Additionally, do we have any numbers from prior to this A2S_Rules breaking update? I would have liked to get a sense of how many servers are running SourceMod.

Last edited by Timon5022; 05-10-2016 at 13:35.
Send a message via MSN to Timon5022
psychonic

BAFFLED
Old 05-10-2016 , 13:37   Re: Stats - Missing CS:GO servers.
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timon5022 View Post
Consequently, because no servers exists on the stats page for CS:GO, does that mean that no one has added "sourcemod_version" to their whitelist?
If I remember correctly, we stopped polling for CS:GO, as it was a waste of time for the 90+ % of servers that either don't have the var whitelisted or don't run SourceMod (which would include the many Valve-run servers).