Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[ANY] Chat Welcome Message (with Warmode / alternative message)

Post New Thread Reply   

Author
jayharp
Plugin ID:
Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Any
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Basic multi-language MoreColors welcome message with alternative warmode message enabled via cvar
    Old 01-16-2016 , 18:20   [ANY] Chat Welcome Message (with Warmode / alternative message)
    Reply With Quote #1

Chat Welcome Message 1.0

Description

An extremely basic, multi-language, MoreColors welcome message with a cvar toggle to display an alternative message. This is essentially the same as Simple Welcome Message by Zuko, without the panel and hint message types; but the cvar that lets you display an alternative (warmode) message to connecting players is handy for several purposes. I made it so that players who join my HL2DM servers can be welcomed as normal during pub, but during a private match sm_cwm_warmode is set to 1, and the alternative message informs them not to join the game unless invited to do so (a temporary half-fix until I find/create a plugin to *stop* them from joining)

There's not much more to say. If it would be handy to have a choice of 2 different welcome messages, enjoy. Only tested in HL2DM but should work in anything.

Cvars

sm_cwm_messagelines --- How many lines of the welcome message to send (min: 1, max: 8, default: 3, set to 0 to disable plugin) (some mods may not support 8 lines)

sm_cwm_delay --- Delay in seconds after player connect before displaying the welcome message (min: 0, default: 3)

sm_cwm_warmode --- Whether or not to show the alternative (warmode) welcome message (min: 0, max: 1, default: 0)

Installation/configuration

Copy chatwelcomemessage.smx to addons/sourcemod/plugins
    Copy chatwelcomemessage.phrases.txt to addons/sourcemod/translations and edit to your liking (see here for colours)
    After loading the plugin, edit cfg/sourcemod/plugin.chatwelcomemessage.cfg to your liking

(Optional) Add the plugin and 'sm_cwm_warmode 1' to sm_warmode_on.cfg, or toggle/untoggle the alternative message in whatever way suits your needs.
    Attached Files
    File Type: smx chatwelcomemessage.smx (10.3 KB, 1076 views)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (chatwelcomemessage.sp - 876 views - 6.7 KB)
    File Type: txt chatwelcomemessage.phrases.txt (1.1 KB, 1128 views)

Last edited by jayharp; 01-16-2016 at 18:29.
    karppinen
    Old 03-25-2016 , 15:11   Re: [ANY] Chat Welcome Message (with Warmode / alternative message)
    Reply With Quote #2

Good job, this is the only connect message plugin I could get working atm in CSGO. But there is some bugs.. The only colors i could get working was red and yellow, and even then it printed random numbers where the color starts like this: "FA4DAS{this is where the color starts}WELCOME". Plus the console commands doesnt work.

Last edited by karppinen; 03-25-2016 at 15:12.
    PepeZukas
    Old 01-27-2017 , 18:51   Re: [ANY] Chat Welcome Message (with Warmode / alternative message)
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by karppinen View Post
    ...The only colors i could get working was red and yellow, and even then it printed random numbers where the color starts like this: "FA4DAS{this is where the color starts}WELCOME". Plus the console commands doesnt work.
    Same for me on L4D2.

SM: v1.8.0.5963
    mr_cock
    Old 12-07-2018 , 09:36   Re: [ANY] Chat Welcome Message (with Warmode / alternative message)
    Reply With Quote #4

Colors dont work for me.