Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]

Post New Thread Reply   

Zeddy_god
Old 09-07-2015 , 15:55   Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #1

Hey guys, I've been having this weird problem for about 1-2 months now.
I've tried a LOT of different things to test what's causing this, to see what I can do to solve it , even reinstalled my multimod server and added plugins one by one but there's a weird bug on my multimod server.

Multigames / deathrun mods on it have a lot of events/games where props are supposed to kill players [Like footballs are supposed to hit players and kill them, other walls that are supposed to smash players etc etc]

So basically , I have a problem where randomly, the maps start behaving like they would when the command cs_player_physics_box is 0, even when it's not. This means that these props instead of killing players, pass through them. At first a few people suggested me to use stripper dump to change the prop entities of all the props in these maps, but that is a very long and hard task since I have a lot of different maps.

But after testing , I found out some stuff. If I restart my server , and change to one of these maps [I commonly use mg_hellz_multigames_csgo to test], it works perfectly. Props kill players the way they're supposed to. But after 1-2 hours of leaving it open, after people start playing , some random-ass event happens and the props become non-solid to players. I have no idea what is causing this. It might be a map changing some values, or god-knows what. I've tried to enable cs_player_physics box at the end of everymap with a plugin, at the start of every map with a plugin and a lot of other stuff. It seems that once the error occurs, it doesnt get solved without a restart, only to occur again after a random period of time due to some random event.

I'm very tired, I've talked to a few coders about this but none of them could suggest anything. I'm looking for someone to make a plugin possibly to fix this once and for all. The plugin should enforce that cs_enable_player_physics_box works correctly, basically that these props should ALWAYS be solid to players.

I know this is a very weird bug, and that I'm probably doing something wrong, it might not be a problem with the command or something else. I'm tired of testing for this as I've wasted hours.
If anyone here has any idea or any plugin I'm willing to pay, even if it's for free I'm going to donate. Thanks for reading through this huge-ass post , please add me if you want to talk in private.
http://www.steamcommunity.com/id/bhushanmunde

[PS : If you want to see my plugin list, please send me a PM as I would not like to reveal it for personal reasons, sorry ]
iShot
Old 09-08-2015 , 06:40   Re: Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #2

Can you try with this in your server.cfg?

Quote:
sm_cvar cs_enable_player_physics_box 1
sm_cvar phys_pushscale 900
sm_cvar sv_turbophysics 0
The problem you're describing with the 'after so many time this happens' might be because of the noblock plugin you're using.

Last edited by iShot; 09-08-2015 at 06:42.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 09-08-2015 , 10:16   Re: Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #3

sounds similar to the mayhem bug, where ohysics objects pass through the world.
its caused by certain physics props being spawned with odd collision or solid properties, or removing them incorrectly
Zeddy_god
Old 09-08-2015 , 10:31   Re: Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iShot View Post
Can you try with this in your server.cfg?

The problem you're describing with the 'after so many time this happens' might be because of the noblock plugin you're using.
I have all those settings on. I've tried to unload noblock though when the error happens and changed map back, it doesnt make a difference.

And when it works perfectly, it works with noblock as well. It's just weird.
Sprilo
Old 09-09-2015 , 04:41   Re: Cs_player_physics_box bug [Can pay]
Reply With Quote #5

If no-one else's solution works and you're willing to try, perhaps give this a shot

Remove any traces of these cvars from ANY/ALL cfg files, any plugins changing/forcing this
cs_enable_player_physics_box
phys_pushscale
sv_turbophysics

Add '+cs_enable_player_physics_box 1' to your commandline

Strip all point_servercommand entities using stripper source. This may break or make maps not fully functional however any cvars being set we want to avoid for now.

Every 3rd or so map change it back to hellz (since it is your best example) and see if it is working or not.

Good luck.