Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.4

Post New Thread Reply   

sarysa
Old 01-23-2015 , 18:20   [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.4
Reply With Quote #1

Works for both FF2 and VSH. SMX file shouldn't go into any subfolder except plugins.

Another thing I felt like coding. It teleports the hale to spawn if they take significant environmental damage. This is not an original idea...there are at least two other versions which are private. One has the flaw of teleporting the hale to spawn even for minor damage (like 3-5), the other one randomly allows backstabs to work along with airblasts, and stuns the hale allowing pyros to chain the hale into pits over and over on maps with pits near spawn. (the stun being necessary because it allowed both red and blu spawn points at all times) Neither work properly with vsh_megaman6_XX, which is ultimately why I've written this.

My version adds support for various common buffs and debuffs, stun/immobilize, megaheal to avoid the pyro problem, but it also grabs coordinates of real players at round start (versus picking a random spawn point) so that multi-maps like vsh_megaman6 can still work. It supports blacklisting so "run" maps like vsh_runblitz which poison the spawn area 1-2 minutes into the round can be left out. It allows you to set the delay time before allowing the victim to get sent to opposing spawn points.

Finally, it adds support for reducing the damage of pits and even allowing RED team members to survive, if that's what you want.

It's very configurable. Here's an example convar file:
Spoiler

What this example does differently from the default options is immobilizes the hale, makes them knockback immune (not redundant, this'll keep velocity changes from piling up while immobile), and makes them invincible after they teleport to spawn. It also "negates" damage BLU players receive, which in reality just halves it, since FF2 applies environmental damage to players twice.

Console changes to these convars are only recognized at round start. Changes to tts.cfg are recognized when a new map starts up.

Attached are the code, smx, and a better documented default tts.cfg than would be generated otherwise.

Known Issues
- It'll also work for minions.
- Super Jump hales will still get Super Duper Jump.
- It will interfere with rages that implement the same effects, only if these effects are enabled. (overriding them, typically causing them to end more quickly)
- If you set it to teleport RED to safety and reduce damage they take, this will also include any rage that causes damage that doesn't belong to the hale. The most popular example I can think of is phatrages' Ion Attack.

UPDATES
1.0.1:
- Fixes minor issue where immobilize can interfere with rages that use MOVETYPE_NOCLIP, or other movetypes other than none.
1.0.2:
- Fixes stun not working at all.
- Fixes immobilize to throw out built up knockback when MOVETYPE_NONE is removed.
1.0.3:
- Fixes a very rare bug where projectiles from a dead player could trigger a teleport. (fail logic on my part)
1.0.4:
- Fixed a bug with minions who die from environmental damage, only to get resummoned and teleported to spawn.
Attached Files
File Type: cfg tts.cfg (2.1 KB, 561 views)
File Type: smx tts.smx (11.3 KB, 328 views)
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (tts.sp - 550 views - 17.0 KB)

Last edited by sarysa; 02-18-2015 at 05:12.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2015 , 18:32   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.0
Reply With Quote #2

Is this just a .cfg file

VSH already has this and OHEY YOU ALREADY MADE THE SOLUTION TO MEGAMAN MAPS I WAS GONNA ADD LUL

Last edited by Chdata; 01-23-2015 at 18:34.
sarysa
Old 01-23-2015 , 18:35   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.0
Reply With Quote #3

Derp, I didn't "save changes" when I quick fixed the source/smx.
Old 01-23-2015 , 18:36   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.0
Reply With Quote #4

Since vsh already has the config file thing, I'm probably going to still just update it with the multi stage map fix.

Last edited by Chdata; 01-23-2015 at 18:39.
sarysa
Old 01-23-2015 , 18:49   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.0
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
OHEY YOU ALREADY MADE THE SOLUTION TO MEGAMAN MAPS I WAS GONNA ADD LUL
Hehe, coincidence of timing I suppose. VSP has had a different TTS for over a year but we just got megaman about 3 days ago. People love it. I love it...much nostalgia.

I'm not letting it go without a fight.

(though the old TTS has also caused problems with oilrig, whompfortress, and others...too...megaman of all things motivated me. funny.)

Last edited by sarysa; 01-23-2015 at 18:50.
Chdata
Veteran Member
Old 01-23-2015 , 19:34   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.0
Reply With Quote #6

What's wrong with oilrig. lul

Also I ended up taking down megaman just cause of the filesize in the new map.

The maker actually contacted me about implementing a special fix for his new version of the map though.
And that one will have more optimization I think.

Last edited by Chdata; 01-23-2015 at 19:35.
friagram
Veteran Member
Old 01-25-2015 , 13:49   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #7

The new megaman is way too big, many people don't like it because of that.
As for mechanics, I just cache the spawns at round start to adt arrays or each team, and random pick from there.
Otd it's damagetype_& dmg_fall && damage > some number && attacker > maxclients && classname is trigger_hurt, reset them. It works good providing you use stripper to set pits to dmg_fall, as some maps just leave it as generic. You could mabye get away without using stripper and using a per map config with damage thresholds but it really is not good, because some mappers do stupid things like put hurts on gold piles, or make the fall pits damage only one team. Better to just fix it in stripper so it's consistent and be done with it.
sarysa
Old 02-12-2015 , 07:00   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.2
Reply With Quote #8

Updated again, fixed a rare bug with dead players' projectiles. If you're using this, get the latest.
Old 02-18-2015 , 05:13   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.4
Reply With Quote #9

Just updated with a fix for TTS lingering for players who spawn multiple times in a single round.
Old 02-18-2015 , 10:42   Re: [BOTH] Teleport to Spawn v1.0.4
Reply With Quote #10

I'm wondering what I wanna do about maps like arena_aperture and vsh_killbox_8bit where after a few seconds into the round, the spawns become deathtraps forever.

Those are the only two maps that really have that problem so I figure I'd disable teleport to spawn at all on them, since there's also no death pits anyway...