Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Fun Stuff
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Truly hide spies from enemy players while they are cloaked (including the ones that use wall hacking)
    Old 10-04-2014 , 23:41   [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking) [UPDATED 6 Nov 2014]
    Reply With Quote #1

Requires sdkhooks and tf2_stocks, but since these come with sourcemod... you really don't have to search them out.

What this does?

Truly hide spies from all players (including the ones that use wall hacking)

How does this work?

When a spy cloaks, 'True Spy Cloaking Plugin' stops transmitting the information to clients on the opposite team, and giving the spy a really "true cloaking ability". 'True Spy Cloaking Plugin' removes the player from the game while he/she is cloaked and puts the player back into the game for usual spy uncloaked reasons, like:

* When a spy's cloaking meter runs out, the spy will be seen by players as normal and the transmission of that player's location will be known to all clients.

* When a player bumps into a spy, he or she will be seen. Although players from a distance will not see the spy being bumped into.

* When the spy is on fire, milked, or jarated... the spy will be seen.

* Players in spectator and on the same team as the spy will always seen him.

You can enable or disable this plugin via truespycloaking_enabled convar. 1 enables, and 0 disables.

Enjoy the Anti-Wall-Hacking True Spy Cloaking Plugin

Let me know what you think, cause your input is really important to me.

First version - 38 downloads
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (True_Spy_Cloaking.sp - 1622 views - 3.0 KB)

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 11-06-2014 at 12:28. Reason: updated source code
    Sreaper
    髪を用心
    Old 10-04-2014 , 23:56   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #2

Have you tested this against hacking software such as lmaobox? That program displays player names above clients too.

Last edited by Sreaper; 10-04-2014 at 23:56.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-05-2014 , 00:40   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #3

The concept isn't new. The SMAC anti-wall-hacking module is a highly more complex one, mainly because it does tons of checking on player's eye angles of what they can or can not see.

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showth...=158618&page=1

This plugin uses sourcemod's TF2_IsPlayerInCondition function to check if a player can or can not see another player. This is what makes this code run without lag.

My code is cleaner and will not cause lag from running it for this purpose.

Unless SDKHook's SDKHook_SetTransmit no longer works correctly, this should work like a peach

Note: Because of certain rules on these forums, I can not supply or give you links to the SMAC code. You'll have to find that for yourself. The link above is just discussion and has no source links.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 10-05-2014 at 00:43.
    Drixevel
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 10-05-2014 , 00:41   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sreaper View Post
    Have you tested this against hacking software such as lmaobox? That program displays player names above clients too.
    If the plugin stops transmitting data to the client then the names won't pop up because they're not there.
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 10-07-2014 , 09:00   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #5

i like the idea, made some improvements. Havent tried compiling it yet, just a few ideas to improve performance.
    Spoiler

Last edited by Mitchell; 10-07-2014 at 11:42.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-07-2014 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #6

Mitchell, the reason I didn't use TF2_OnCondition* is because it didn't work all the time. iirc. But then again, I've got a ton of plugins running on my server that uses this... so if you don't have issues, it just could be one of my many plugins maybe interfering with it. Maybe someone can verify if that code works or not, because on my server TF2_OnCondition didn't work well with this.. as if it wasn't fast enough.

Btw, if you don't mind to message me how you do the spoiler, it would help my future forum replies to others

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 10-07-2014 at 11:24.
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Old 10-07-2014 , 11:39   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #7

just wrapping a '[spoiler]' tag around some php tags does the trick!
    Yeah I figured there'd be some kind of issues with hooking it using the OnConditionAdded/removed etc.
    Anyway's why do you check the cloakmeter if it's greater than 0.0? Im guessing this is because of the cloak and dagger now that i think of it. Does the cloak condition stay when the player runs out of the cloak meter?

Also you shouldn't have to worry about unhooking SDK Hooks. If the documentation is correct then the hook will be removed when an entity is removed (i.e. player leave.)
    That also means you don't need to check if the player is in-game since the hook wouldn't exist if he wasn't. Same with checking if the entity that is hooked is between 1 and MaxClients, you're the one that hooked the player, and you know for sure that there wouldn't be another entity other than a player in that hook.

Last edited by Mitchell; 10-07-2014 at 11:43.
    rswallen
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 10-07-2014 , 11:43   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #8

TFCond_CloakFlicker?
    Old 10-07-2014 , 11:45   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by rswallen View Post
    TFCond_CloakFlicker?
    Right that sounds like the appropriate condition that the spy goes into when his cloak and dagger runs out, and is still holding the watch up.
    El Diablo War3Evo
    Veteran Member
    Old 10-07-2014 , 19:44   Re: [TF2] True Spy Cloaking (Anti-Wall-Hacking)
    Reply With Quote #10

I have tried TFCond_CloakFlicker first, and couldn't get it to work properly, so that is the reason I use GetEntPropFloat(entity, Prop_Send, "m_flCloakMeter")>0.0 in my sourcecode.

Please, if you find something "TESTED" that works, then do tell. Otherwise, I've most likely already tried the easy ways first.

Last edited by El Diablo War3Evo; 10-07-2014 at 19:45.