TF2 Building Hats
What is it?
Whenever you build a sentry it will get a hat and the hat will remain through upgrades
: Reload buildinghats.cfg [Default acces: ROOT]
: Would you like your buildables without or with hats? [Default acces: Everyone]
: Rerolls the hats of your current active buildings [Default acces: Everyone]
: Allows you to choose the unusual effect of your buildings hats [Default acces: ROOT]
(default: 1.0) Enable/disable plugin
(default: 0.1) Chance of unusual effect (0.1 = 10% chance)
(default: 30 seconds) Hat reroll cooldown
: Is user allowed to receive hats on their buildings? [Default acces: Everyone]
: Is user allowed to receive unusuals on their buildings hats? [Default acces: Everyone]
The config must
include 4 things.
- The modelpath of the model you want your sentry to wear
- The offset (z offset) this offset the hat up/down and is pretty tedious to get just right
- The modelscale of the hat (1.0 is normal size)
- The animation. (use default to use default animation)
"Building hats" //Don't touch this
"animation" "default" //Don't change animation
The config that comes with the plugin contains 41 unique hats because i was too lazy to type in more.
Oh, and the config goes to sourcemod/configs/
1.0 - Initial Release
- Added sm_buildinghats cmd to toggle whether you want hats on your buildings on/off
- Added sm_buildinghats_access override
1.2 - Fixed an error model appearing sometimes
1.3 - Fixed an error model appearing sometimes (For realz this time!)
1.4 - Fixed an error model appearing sometimes (Peli confirmed worst bugfixer of the year)
1.5 - Fixed sm_bhats_reloadconfig not emptying the array.
- Added Animation support
- Added Ability to restrict unusual effects (Untested)
- Fixed when a player that does not have access to this plugin builds a building and a player with access to this plugin repairs it or upgrades it, the building gains a hat.
- Fixed buildings having a chance to gain an unusual every upgrade. (Untested)
1.7 - Fixed buildings losing their unusual effect after upgrade.
- Added more Unusual effects
- Added sm_rerollhat command, it has a use cooldown that can be controlled with sm_bhats_rollcooldown
- Added sm_buildinghateffect command, Allows users with ROOT acces to change the unusual effect on their buildings.
- All of the above commands are overridable as usual.
1.9: - Hats enabled by default for new players
2.0: - Renamed reserved keywords
- MasterOfTheXP: Helped me out with stringtables and loadsa other things
- Arkarr: Teached me Adt_arrays
- island55: Helped me test some fixes