"ignoreconnect" "1"
}
//hide admins disconnecting from the server
"admin steamid"
{
"ignoredisconnect" "1"
}
What happen if i use this config ?

I'm sure im doing something wrong but i cant detect what is. i need try something if works i update this post
When you say admin steamid, you mean STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX, right? It does not look for community IDs. Also, please paste your full config, starting from the "Setups" line. When pasting it on here, put it between the "code" bbc thing (hashtag button above - [......code] pastecodehere [...../code] (minus the dots)).

Also, I'll put up a debug version for ya here in a minute. I need to remake it real quick because the last debug version was for v3.1. Also, I've havent put it up yet because then I would need to site more sources, lol (e.g. the flag listing feature in the debug I borrows from alliedmodders sm_who function).
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-08-2014 , 19:09   Re: TOG's Connect Messages v3.4, 3.4d
Reply With Quote #12

Updated to v3.4 and v3.4d (debug version). See changelog for changes.

Last edited by ThatOneGuy; 04-08-2014 at 19:15.
SuperU
Old 04-12-2014 , 21:46   Re: TOG's Connect Messages v3.4, 3.4d
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
"Setups"
{
//hide admins connecting to the server
"STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX"
{
"ignoreconnect" "1"
"flags" "b"
}
"STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX"
{
"ignoredisconnect" "1"
"flags" "b"
}

}
Sorry for answer you later, this is the config I'm testing with my steam id when i refer to steam id is the "STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX", i also have some problems when i join in server it show to people but when i leave don't show it.

In flags do i have to type the entire flag or not?

Example: "flags" "b" //Some plugins detect if you have this letter and work or i need all the flag with all letters.

I also want to do a suggestion if you could hide the message when admin join in a team because most of the time you need move to spec and this message appear in chat and the guy who is breaking rules just leave, and you can't do anything.

Last edited by SuperU; 04-12-2014 at 21:48.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-13-2014 , 04:22   Re: TOG's Connect Messages v3.4, 3.4d
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperU View Post
Sorry for answer you later, this is the config I'm testing with my steam id when i refer to steam id is the "STEAM_X:X:XXXXXXX", i also have some problems when i join in server it show to people but when i leave don't show it.

Example: "flags" "b" //Some plugins detect if you have this letter and work or i need all the flag with all letters.

I also want to do a suggestion if you could hide the message when admin join in a team because most of the time you need move to spec and this message appear in chat and the guy who is breaking rules just leave, and you can't do anything.
Try this:

1st off, groups starting with "STEAM_" are specific to one person. As such, you should leave off the "flags" line. If you want one for all admins, dont name it a steam ID. Name it admins, or really anything else. If you start it with STEAM_, it wont apply except for the ONE person who has that steam ID.

2nd off, I said to post your whole setup (with steam IDs X'd out, as you did). If this is your current setup, then you have no groups you are announcing whatsoever, and no one should have any msgs. This makes me suspect that this isnt your whole setup.

Anyways, here are examples already given for exactly what you are asking for. Please read the first post or the .txt file you downloaded (which has explanations both at the top, and below with a bunch of setups pre-made below for examples).

Example for ignoring a specific player connecting:

Code:
	"STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXX"
	{
		"ignoreconnect"	"1"
	}
Example for ignoring a specific player disconnecting:

Code:
	"STEAM_0:0:XXXXXXX"
	{
		"ignoredisconnect"	"1"
	}
Example for ignoring all admins connecting:

Code:
	"adminconnect"
	{
		"ignoreconnect"	"1"
		"flag"	"b"
	}
Example for ignoring all admins disconnecting:

Code:
	"admindisconnect"
	{
		"ignoredisconnect"	"1"
		"flag"	"b"
	}

Example for a server group you want announced when connecting:

Code:
	"Donator"
	{
		"connectmsg"		"1"
		"flags"				"s"
		"center"			"1"
		"chat"				"1"
		"message"			"{tag} {playername} Connected"
		"tag"				"[Donator]"
		"tagcolor"			"FFFF00"
		"chatcolor"			"FFFF00"
	}
Now, if you put the donator group above the admins one, and admins also have the "s" flag, then it will apply to them, since it comes first.

Quote:

If you looked at any of the examples that were provided in the first post and the .txt file you had to edit, then you would realize it uses exactly that. Please read the instructions.
SuperU
Old 04-14-2014 , 00:00   Re: TOG's Connect Messages v3.4, 3.4d
Reply With Quote #15

I did what you said before but only works when i disconnect no idea why, i tried using my steam id only to test with me and people can see when i join, but when i disconnect they cant see me.

I used Game Admins because is how is called this admin group.

Quote:
"Setups"
{

//hide admins connecting to the server
"Game Admins"
{
"ignoreconnect" "1"
"flags" "b"
}
"Game Admins"
{
"ignoredisconnect" "1"
"flags" "b"
}

}
Note: I'm using Team Fortress 2 to test the plugin sorry to ask you to much but your plugin i consider is useful for admins specially when you have to join in servers with problems and people stop doing disaster when admin join, i was looking for something like this for months.

That's why i ask you to much because i need this plugin working to hide admins.

Last edited by SuperU; 04-14-2014 at 00:02.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 04-14-2014 , 10:18   Re: TOG's Connect Messages v3.4, 3.4d
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
I did what you said before but only works when i disconnect no idea why, i tried using my steam id only to test with me and people can see when i join, but when i disconnect they cant see me.

I used Game Admins because is how is called this admin group.

Note: I'm using Team Fortress 2 to test the plugin sorry to ask you to much but your plugin i consider is useful for admins specially when you have to join in servers with problems and people stop doing disaster when admin join, i was looking for something like this for months.

That's why i ask you to much because i need this plugin working to hide admins.
I'm thinking you dont understand what this plugin does. It announces when someone joins/leaves the server using custom messages. It doesnt block the normal connect/disconnect text. The "ignoreconnect" and "ignoredisconnect" is for if you dont want the custom message to show for a group/player.
ThatOneGuy
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2014 , 00:41   Re: TOGs Connect Messages v4.0, 4.0d
Reply With Quote #17

Updated this old plugin of mine to v4.0. Optimized coding a lot, and fixed some small bugs. Any issues, let me know...