Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Gameplay
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: Source
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
    Plugin Description:
    Enforces round time by forcing a round draw if neither team wins by the end of mp_roundtime
    Old 01-10-2014 , 09:41   [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #1

What is it?
    Simple plugin that enforces round time limits (mp_roundtime) in CS:S by forcing a round draw when the round timer expires. It may work in CS:GO, but use with CS:GO is not supported.

Why use it? Who needs it?
    If you have custom maps on your server that don't have bomb defuse or hostage rescue objectives, you've probably ran into situations where the round continues after the round clock has expired. This goes on until the round ends by one team completely killing off the other team, or the map changes. During this unintended extended round period, many players take the opportunity to practice their camping skills, leaving all the other players waiting for campfires to be put out. Even worse, on servers with BOTs on both teams, 2 "stuck" BOTs with no admin around can empty the humans out of your server quick.

Stop making your real players wait for dumBOTs, campers, and trolls. Install enforceroundtime today.

Cvars
    enforceroundtime_version only. Does not record, so there is no .cfg file to deal with.

Commands
    None

Installation
    You can put this in your plugins folder, but I recommend putting it in your plugins/disabled folder and loading it on a per map basis as needed. If you do that, you can unload it in server.cfg so that it's not used on maps that don't need it.

Notes
    This plugin utilizes the Updater plugin. Keep this plugin, and your other plugins that utilize Updater up to date automatically with the Updater plugin.

Version History
    2014.01.10.001 - Initial release
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (enforceroundtime.sp - 610 views - 3.9 KB)
    File Type: smx enforceroundtime.smx (4.8 KB, 609 views)

My plugins:
    [CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
    Awesome & Crucial plugins by other people:
    [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera

Last edited by Bittersweet; 03-15-2014 at 14:24. Reason: Attached .smx - user says can't download
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-10-2014 , 10:36   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #2

I'm way too lazy to set up a CS:S server to see if CS:S has the mp_match_end_at_timelimit cvar like TF2 does.
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-10-2014 , 11:29   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    I'm way too lazy to set up a CS:S server to see if CS:S has the mp_match_end_at_timelimit cvar like TF2 does.
    You wouldn't have to, it does, you can see that at Valve's list of CS:S Cvars, but that doesn't have much to do with this plugin. This plugin ends rounds, not matches. The cvar you mention seems to be for allowing a match to end in the middle of a round, which most people wouldn't want for CS.

My plugins:
    [CS:S] BOT Swat | [ANY] CVAR Randomizer | [CS:S] SM CS:S Tag Beta | [CS:S] Bot2Player
    [CS:S/CS:GO] GunGame | [UMC3] Ultimate Mapchooser | [ANY] Server Crontab | [ANY] SM ForceCamera
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 01-10-2014 , 15:58   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    You wouldn't have to, it does, you can see that at Valve's list of CS:S Cvars, but that doesn't have much to do with this plugin. This plugin ends rounds, not matches. The cvar you mention seems to be for allowing a match to end in the middle of a round, which most people wouldn't want for CS.
    Oh right, I missed that this was ending a round and not a map. Whoops.

Having said that, the wiki pages aren't always up to date.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-10-2014 at 15:59.
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 01-10-2014 , 16:50   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Oh right, I missed that this was ending a round and not a map. Whoops.

Having said that, the wiki pages aren't always up to date.
    I tried mp_match_end_at_timelimit in my console, and it is supported in CS:S at the moment. As soon as someone actually starts using it is when they'll pull the plug.

My plugins:
    Sam Malone
    Old 03-15-2014 , 09:10   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #6

Where can i download this plugin? it says it failed to compile.
    Bittersweet
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-15-2014 , 14:23   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sam Malone View Post
    Where can i download this plugin? it says it failed to compile.
    I attached a compiled .smx file in the OP, but the fact that it's not compiling might be an indicator of some issue with the plugin. In other words, the plugin might not work due to some change that was made to the game or mod. If you could report back if the plugin worked for you or not, I'd appreciate it.

My plugins:
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 03-15-2014 , 14:49   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bittersweet View Post
    I attached a compiled .smx file in the OP, but the fact that it's not compiling might be an indicator of some issue with the plugin. In other words, the plugin might not work due to some change that was made to the game or mod. If you could report back if the plugin worked for you or not, I'd appreciate it.
    It won't compile on the forums because you have a dependency on another plugin (Updater in this case).
    Veteran Member
    Old 03-15-2014 , 17:00   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    It won't compile on the forums because you have a dependency on another plugin (Updater in this case).
    Yes, that's the problem. It seems like (at some point in the past) when I tried to upload a plugin with non-SM dependencies before, it wouldn't even accept the upload in the first place, in which case you would just upload an archive. At any rate, we have both the source and compiled versions up there now.

My plugins:
    Sam Malone
    Old 04-07-2014 , 11:37   Re: [CS:S] enforceroundtime
    Reply With Quote #10

Ok reporting a bug. Plugin works fine but sometimes round draw happens like 5 seconds into the round.