Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

Boxing ring stripper/limiter

Post New Thread Reply   

snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 16:02   Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #1

So we have a trade map, which doesn't have to do anything fancy. But we have a boxing ring in there just for fun but we only want people to use meelee and only 1 vs 1.

Our mapper tried a lot of things, but no matter how much time he put in, it would still allow 2 people to join the ring when they press forward (both of them) on the ring entrance. Not to mention the heavy gloves that make you taunt for instance (which is meelee too)

Is there some way that we can include a plugin to alter this specific part of the map? Or if anyone else has some suggestions?

If any skilled mapper wants to look at it, if he has more ideas thats possible too.

I'll throw in a couple of beers (paypal) for any effort.
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 16:20   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #2

On "my" servers, I have created a similar plugin for our boxing ring. Strips weapons to melee, stops people from fighting in the spectator stands, stops non-heavy classes from entering the ring, etc. It would be easy to create a way to enforce 1v1 in the ring, and to remove the Holiday Punch from all boxers.

What is the name of the map, or IP of the server?

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-21-2013 at 16:31.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 16:55   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #3

You can find it at steam://connect/78.46.110.194:27055
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2013 , 17:37   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #4

Ok, this should be simple. You already have godmode-like protections on the spectator area and such.

The only three things that any plugin I write would need to address are:
  • To stop spectators from interfering with the fights. (shooting through the "doorway" to the ring, throwing a sandvich in there, Buff Banner, etc.)
  • The 1v1 enforcement
  • The ability to blacklist certain melee weapons

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-21-2013 at 17:41.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2013 , 02:51   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #5

Alright, I've got the first two down, now I just need to get weapon blacklisting going in there.

I've also thrown in a way to disable crits for only the boxing players, as well as some MultiTargetFilters.
Old 10-22-2013 , 02:54   Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #6

Your a busy person :-) thanks so far. We tried to do most in the map itself. But limitations in the maps makes it exploitable.

Last edited by snelvuur; 10-22-2013 at 02:56.
ddhoward
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2013 , 02:45   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #7

I prefer to do most in plugins rather than in the map. Make any changes to the map, and the client generally has to re-download another few dozen megabytes. Join times increase, disk usage increases, etc. That, and any change requires a map change and map editing, rather than just some Notepad++ work and a simple "rcon sm plugins reload pluginname"

In any case, here is your fancy new plugin~

CVARS:

sm_boxing_crits (defaults to 1): Set to 1 to enable crits in the boxing ring, 0 disables all random crits within the ring.

sm_boxing_blockedclasses (defaults to 0): Sets what weapon classes to block in the ring. Either set this cvar to 0 to disable, or enter a list of weapon classnames, seperated by commas.

sm_boxing_blockedweapons (defaults to 0): Sets what specific weapon indexes to block in the ring. Either set this cvar to 0 to disable, or enter a list of weapon classnames, seperated by commas.

sm_boxing_whitelistedweps (defaults to 0): If a weapon is blocked by it's classname, putting its item definition index here will whitelist that particular weapon. Either set this cvar to 0 to disable, or enter a list of weapon index numbers, seperated by commas.

Features:
  • The plugin provides 3 targeting filters which can be used with pretty much any decently coded Sourcemod command. (these are identical in function to @all, @me, @red, @bots, etc.)
    • @boxers - targets both boxers
    • @redboxer - targets the RED boxer
    • @bluboxer - targets the BLU boxer
  • The plugin prevents Boxers from picking up Sandviches or anything else that has found its way into the ring.
  • If a player attempts to enter the ring while another player on his team is already in the ring, he will be teleported back to the spectator area.
  • If a player attempts to enter the ring while his melee weapon is set to be blocked by the three weapon blocking cvars, he will be teleported back to the spectator area.
  • The plugin extinguishes and stops bleeding on any player who enters the ring.
  • The plugin constantly removes Milk, Jarate, Soldier secondary buffs, cloaks, and disguises on anyone within the ring.
  • If a scout throws his baseball into the ring and stuns the enemy boxing player, the boxer will have the stun effect removed in 0.1 seconds.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (lethalzoneboxing.sp - 459 views - 13.4 KB)

Last edited by ddhoward; 10-23-2013 at 02:49.
snelvuur
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2013 , 03:17   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #8

I'll give it a shot, thanks! Whats your paypal or something?
Veteran Member
Old 10-23-2013 , 03:42   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #9

Just click Donate in my signature I guess lol
Old 10-23-2013 , 03:45   Re: Boxing ring stripper/limiter
Reply With Quote #10

duh, didn't see that one, its tiny ;p

send you some beers now..

Last edited by snelvuur; 10-23-2013 at 03:46.