Raised This Month: $404 Target: $400
 101% 

[CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds (1.3.1)


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author
Mitchell
~lick~
Join Date: Mar 2010
Plugin ID:
3933
Plugin Version:
1.3.1
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Counter-Strike: GO
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:
     
    Plugin Description:
    Disables those annoying round start sounds.
    Old 10-06-2013 , 16:25   [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds (1.3.1)
    Reply With Quote #1

    CS:GO Disable Round Sounds.
    Description:
    This plugin removes those annoying long sounds at the begging of the round, and the looped sound after the round starts. I needed this personally cause it was ruining the ambient environment for my gamemode. You could plop this into your server and have another plugin play custom sounds at the begging of the round, just an idea that this plugin would allow you to do.
    Small issue with the sound that likes to loop itself, it will play once and then fade; this is because SoundHooks do not work on these sounds (since they are 'clientsided')

    You're welcome for finding a fix. I actually found it when looking through cvars, theres a max of the same sound you could play so i played with this and found out that i can stop the sound manually. It just cant use a sound hook on it weirdly.

    Version Notes:
    1.3.1: Removed most hooks on PRE, added a few different hooks in attempt to remove any left over sounds.
    1.3.0: Added hooks for endround, also added Hook_Pre modes and post together.
    1.2.0: Uses playgamesound on the clients, alot better than canceling specific sounds every 0.1 seconds.
    1.1.0: Removed from gameframe.
    1.0.0: initial release.
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (DisableGameSounds.sp - 5226 views - 1.1 KB)
    __________________

    Last edited by Mitchell; 10-18-2013 at 11:20.
    Mitchell is offline
    cREANy0
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Germany
    Old 10-06-2013 , 17:56   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #2

    I test this plugin on my Minigame Server atm and I notice that sometimes the map music dont stop at round end and is still running on new round.
    Is there a way to fix this?

    greetz cREANy0
    __________________

    Last edited by cREANy0; 10-06-2013 at 17:57.
    cREANy0 is offline
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Old 10-06-2013 , 19:23   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #3

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cREANy0 View Post
    I test this plugin on my Minigame Server atm and I notice that sometimes the map music dont stop at round end and is still running on new round.
    Is there a way to fix this?

    greetz cREANy0
    Do you know the sound path that the game is playing?
    __________________
    Mitchell is offline
    PresidentEvil
    AlliedModders Donor
    Join Date: Jun 2012
    Old 10-06-2013 , 23:59   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #4

    So is "removes" the round start music by lowing the games music volume to zero?
    __________________
    PresidentEvil is offline
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Old 10-07-2013 , 02:07   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #5

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by PresidentEvil View Post
    So is "removes" the round start music by lowing the games music volume to zero?
    This runs the function 'StopSound()' on all channels with the sound paths of the round_start sounds. It does nothing with the clients volume.
    __________________
    Mitchell is offline
    tumtum
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Fantasy Island
    Old 10-07-2013 , 05:37   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #6

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
    CS:GO Disable Round Sounds.
    Description:
    This plugin removes those annoying long sounds at the begging of the round, and the looped sound after the round starts. I needed this personally cause it was ruining the ambient environment for my gamemode. You could plop this into your server and have another plugin play custom sounds at the begging of the round, just an idea that this plugin would allow you to do.
    Small issue with the sound that likes to loop itself, it will play once and then fade; this is because SoundHooks do not work on these sounds (since they are 'clientsided')

    You're welcome for finding a fix. I actually found it when looking through cvars, theres a max of the same sound you could play so i played with this and found out that i can stop the sound manually. It just cant use a sound hook on it weirdly.

    Version Notes:
    1.0.0: initial release.
    Nice Idea, but this plugin let the server do weird things. In my case i can't chat and it is not showing ct or t win.
    tumtum is offline
    cREANy0
    SourceMod Donor
    Join Date: Jul 2012
    Location: Germany
    Old 10-07-2013 , 08:40   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #7

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tumtum View Post
    Nice Idea, but this plugin let the server do weird things. In my case i can't chat and it is not showing ct or t win.
    same for me.
    Server start lagging after some hours.

    greetz cREANy0
    __________________

    Last edited by cREANy0; 10-07-2013 at 08:40.
    cREANy0 is offline
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Old 10-07-2013 , 08:57   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #8

    Ill look into it, for now disable this plugin.
    Ill probably hook round_start and a couple seconds after word.
    __________________
    Mitchell is offline
    tumtum
    Senior Member
    Join Date: Aug 2012
    Location: Fantasy Island
    Old 10-07-2013 , 09:00   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #9

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cREANy0 View Post
    same for me.
    Server start lagging after some hours.

    greetz cREANy0
    Mitchell, try to set volume 0 and remove stopsound.
    Dunno if this way can work

    See your message now lol ^^ ok hope you fix it =)

    Last edited by tumtum; 10-07-2013 at 09:01.
    tumtum is offline
    Mitchell
    ~lick~
    Join Date: Mar 2010
    Old 10-07-2013 , 09:28   Re: [CS:GO] Disable Game Sounds
    Reply With Quote #10

    Updated to 1.1.0 try the new plugin file, see how it works!
    __________________
    Mitchell is offline
    Reply


    Thread Tools
    Display Modes

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off

    Forum Jump


    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03.


    Powered by vBulletin®
    Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
    Theme made by Freecode