Raised This Month: $7 Target: $400
 1% 

[CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]

Post New Thread Reply   

sami_spt
Veteran Member
Old 08-19-2013 , 12:25   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins by djaa2807 v1.0.1 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #11

Don't care

I just like a clean download, no pop ups, etc.. I can download the adblock, not hard..
YamiKaitou
Has a lovely bunch of coconuts
Old 08-19-2013 , 12:31   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins by djaa2807 v1.0.1 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami_spt View Post
I know, just hate too much advertisment in that site
If you know that, then please do not claim rules exist when they do not.

I do not browse the forums regularly anymore. If you need me for anything (asking questions or anything else), then PM me (be descriptive in your PM, message containing only a link to a thread will be ignored).
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 08-22-2013 , 14:39   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by sami_spt View Post
.zip files are only allowed to be uploaded
not only .zip files:
Quote:
Originally Posted by devicenull View Post
For packages, use only zip, [tar.]gz, [tar.]bz2. Plugins using other compression formats should not be approved, this includes RAR and 7z.
the real allowed .zip files are made by the included feature of windows itself. people may have problems to open some .zip archives made by other softwares like winrar as an example. this should be taken into consideration too.

on-topic:

• so this plugin is only changing skins ? this is more a "theme" than a "plugin". it's really easy to do all those stuff using existing plugins like weapon model replacement and players models >> Plugins, quantity, quality
  • idk if you know, but the model that you are showing here is bugged, you can find the fixed one here: Convert CS:S Weapon to CS 1.6 Tutorial
  • renaming existing (and non-edited) models is a very bad idea too. I always ask people to search for original model name to avoid that flood. even in gamebanana, the original names are in titles, just add the "_" character to replace the space character.
  • Quote:
    Originally Posted by sgtbane View Post
    ..And for anyone who is running this mod on there servers, I ask that you please don't go changing names of hats. I have joined a lot of servers that like to rename everything to something like CLANNAMEdunce.mdl and GeorgesPirateHat.mdl and crap like that. If you didn't make the model, don't change its name. It just makes people have to download things they already have just for the namechange.

Last edited by ANTICHRISTUS; 08-22-2013 at 14:44.
djaa2807
Old 08-24-2013 , 05:16   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANTICHRISTUS View Post
so this plugin is only changing skins ? this is more a "theme" than a "plugin"
you need a plugin to make a theme. It is a plugin by definition.

Quote:
  • it's really easy to do all those stuff using existing plugins like weapon model replacement and players models >> Plugins, quantity, quality
Actually no, weapon model replacement does not have the functionality of changing skins as the name suggests, it just deals with weapons, and also please notice that the terrrorist skin changes each round in my plugin which is a feature not found in any skin replacement code i've seen here, even though it's a rather simple thing, i think there's a demand for it.

Quote:
That model is working fine on my server and it's a CS:1.6 model, not a CS:S model. Perhaps you could elaborate on 'bugged'

Quote:
  • renaming existing (and non-edited) models is a very bad idea too. I always ask people to search for original model name to avoid that flood. even in gamebanana, the original names are in titles, just add the "_" character to replace the space character.
Actually, not renaming the model in this case for my player skins code would cause the skin to not be valid as cs_set_user_skin requires the skin name to be only alphanumerical, nothing else, that includes removing underscores, '_' and spaces ' '

Last edited by djaa2807; 08-24-2013 at 05:23.
ANTICHRISTUS
kingdom of weird stuff
Old 08-24-2013 , 13:12   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaa2807 View Post
That model is working fine on my server and it's a CS:1.6 model, not a CS:S model. Perhaps you could elaborate on 'bugged'
I know that's for counter-strike (hl1), browse the posts of tyrant in that thread to understand.
Quote:
Originally Posted by djaa2807 View Post
Actually, not renaming the model in this case for my player skins code would cause the skin to not be valid as cs_set_user_skin requires the skin name to be only alphanumerical, nothing else, that includes removing underscores, '_' and spaces ' '
afaik, the "_" character is considered as a letter, and can be added in model, sound, sprite, plugin .. names.
Old 08-24-2013 , 14:42   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
afaik, the "_" character is considered as a letter, and can be added in model, sound, sprite, plugin .. names.
Yes, The underscore character is accepted for set_pev but not for cs_set_user_skin as i've tested on my server.

Last edited by djaa2807; 08-24-2013 at 14:42.
Baws
Veteran Member
Old 06-16-2014 , 21:52   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #17

Mostly this plugin will not be approved as it simply changes models of the players.
Code:
Some examples of plugins that will not be approved:
Any plugin that changes models to another, hardcoded model.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-11-2018 , 05:29   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #18

This Plugin works but it works only for change hands+knifes . the modelfiles for playerskins dont work..........
HamletEagle
AMX Mod X Plugin Approver
Old 04-07-2020 , 12:13   Re: [CS 1.6] Deathrun Skins v1.0.1 by djaa2807 [19/08/2013]
Reply With Quote #19

Hardcoded skins, unapproved.