This time I present my biggest plugin ever made. Previously I just had no idea how to properly set and highlight coordinates by effects (in a box), but Anti Rush
plugin helped me alot with it! So credits also goes to Peace-Maker
This plugin defines zones on a map where players are not allowed to enter. Either for the Terrorists/Red/Allies, CT's/Blu/Axis or even all players.
Different punishments are allowed (up to 5 default and unlimited custom ones). Admins also can be protected to across that zones.
Plugin developers can create own plugins that handle custom punishments. See sample test plugin
This plugin is useful for:
- Preventing players to get in the enemy spawn zone.
- Preventing players to get in the any map zones you want.
- Anti rush.
- Anti exploits using.
- Anti camping.
- Invisible and non-solid walls.
And much more!
Here is a presentation video to show features and 'how-to'.
P.S Dont forget to save first and second coordinates after editing them! Otherwise zone position and size can not be saved!
- Type !zones in chat and select 'Add Zone' (or go into Admin Menu > Server Commands > Setup Zones).
- Go to first conrner and press E button (+USE or Medic! voice command in TF2) command to set first coordinate for a zone.
- Go to another place and once again press E button to set end point for a zone.
- Enter a name of a zone in chat (For example middle).
- Save a zone.
- Edit zone punishment and size via menu.
- sm_zones_enable - Whether or not enable Zones plugin. (Default: Enabled)
- sm_zones_punishment - Determines how plugin should handle players who entered a zone (by default):
- 1 = Announce in chat
- 2 = Bounce back (Default)
- 3 = Slay player
- 4 = Dont allow to shoot
- 5 = Allow only melee weapon
- 6 = Custom punishment
- sm_zones_admin_immunity - Whether or not allow admins to across zones without any punishments. (Default: Dont immune admins)
- sm_zones_show_messages - Whether or not show messages in chat to a player that entered protected zone. (Default: Show messages)
- sm_zones_show - Whether or not always show the zones on a map. (Default: Dont show)
ADMFLAG_CONFIG is required. ( by default is i
If you want to change flag for admins or groups, setup overrides for sm_zones_immunity
- sm_zones - Opens the zones main menu
- sm_actzone - Activates a zone (by name)
- sm_diactzone - Diactivates a zone (by name)
Admins will receive a list of zones in menu on di/activate commands. But if that command is used via server console, you should enter a full zone name.
Example: sm_diactzone middle
Servers with this plugin
- Diactivated zones are not deleted, those just will not trigger touch functions. To activate them back use Activate Zones menu or !actzone
- If immunity is enabled, you can use custom overrides ( sm_zones_immunity ) to 'immune' admins with desired flag.
- You can find map zones for each map in sourcemod/data/zones/ folder.
- Any zones are automatically re-creates at every round start (does not matter if zone was diactivated before).
- Red/Blue/Green colors means that players from Red/Blue/Green team can across that zone. Both teams will not see their zones.
- If zones are disappearing sometimes, you may decrease timer interval. Go to line 27 and change value to less than 5.0 seconds.
- It's not really recommended to show zones all the times (due to performance purposes for both server and client).
- Plugin generates a configuration file (cfg/sourcemod/sm_zones.cfg).
- Plugin is multilinguage!
Browse source code