Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Feature Request SourceSleuth integration?

Post New Thread Reply   

lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-10-2013 , 13:10   SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #1

can this be added to sbans 2.0? http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=1818793 with tf2 being free to play and players making alt accounts to hack on it would be very helpful. thanks
Old 07-10-2013 , 13:20   Re: SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #2

That's like this: https://github.com/GameConnect/SourceBans/issues/5
ppalex
Old 07-10-2013 , 16:33   Re: SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #3

I think, that sourcebans2 should not include any other functionality given what rich functionality provides web- and game-plugins.
Old 07-10-2013 , 16:38   Re: SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ppalex View Post
I think, that sourcebans2 should not include any other functionality given what rich functionality provides web- and game-plugins.
Yup, for that there's now a plugin functionality
lyric
Veteran Member
Old 07-11-2013 , 19:23   Re: SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #5

Having sb2.0 provide features like sourcesleuth does in regards to keeping alt accounts of hackers youve banned previously is something i feel should be part of the core. sb2.0 is afterall a ban system and this fits it very well. why burden users to keep up with several plugins to achieve what sb2.0 can have integrated perhaps easily?
Old 07-26-2013 , 02:08   Re: SourceSleuth integration?
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyric View Post
Having sb2.0 provide features like sourcesleuth does in regards to keeping alt accounts of hackers youve banned previously is something i feel should be part of the core. sb2.0 is afterall a ban system and this fits it very well. why burden users to keep up with several plugins to achieve what sb2.0 can have integrated perhaps easily?
Actually SB2 web panel has version checking available for plugin writers. So keeping "up to date" isn't too hard. Also, to install a plugin, the files just need to be there, and you click a button (assuming the plugin writer wrote it properly). And it is installed.

If the author wishes to pull from SourceBans and include any additions to sourcebans plugins or code, they are more than welcome to do so. Any and all contributors are welcome.

I can understand there was a past issue with IP banning in SourceBans 1.x, but I believe it is resolved in SB2 anyway.

Basically SourceSleuth just fills a gap that should have been core functionality since IP banning was put into SourceBans (for some reason no one ever updated the plugin to check the IP properly I guess, or the queries failed every time or something, I really don't know I haven't sourcemod coded in forever).

Only ask for support in plugin threads.

TunedChaos.com - Precision Tuned Game Servers

Last edited by FlyingMongoose; 07-26-2013 at 02:13.