Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Allows maps to use a unique VPK instead of a static one
    Old 07-10-2013 , 12:08   [DoD:S] VPK per Map
    Reply With Quote #1

VPK per Map (Valve Pack per Map)

DESCRIPTION:
    This simple plugin will automatically change which signed VPK or VPKs are allowed, based on the map being run and was concieved as an alternative to Model changing plugins.
    Instead of having a static trusted_keys.txt for every map, it can change to match the environment or theme.

Player models can easily match viewmodels, world weapons, sounds, sprites, etc. Substitutions are only limited by what's already in the distributed MOD's VPK files.
    This approach is efficient, flexible and ensures file integrity, without forcing clients to download anything.
    Although VPK filtering can be used in conjunction with a pure_server_whitelist.txt, it does contrast somewhat to that method in that whitelist exceptions are not specific (ANY file is allowed).
    Custom VPKs simply ALLOW clients to use their contents. The client's VPK is allowed ONLY if the public key signature matches the server's for that map's trusted_keys.txt.

Player Skin & Viewmodel example

MODS SUPPORTED:
    Should work on any mod except maybe L4D2. Tested on DOD:S

INSTALLATION:
    Download the attached zip archive and extract to your sourcemod folder. Then navigate to your configs\vpk_mapfiles and add your <mapname.txt> files containing the trusted key block(s) you want for that map.
    Optionally run a batch file to write all your map files to the vpk_mapfiles folder. Then add the key blocks to the individual files. The plugin looks for these mapnames.txt files in order to write their contents to cfg\trusted_keys.txt.
    If a mapfile is empty or contains no key block, the server will not load the file and the default content will be used, depending on pure mode & whitelist restrictions. Clients should have the referenced VPKs placed in their custom\ directory.

Server must be run in Pure 1 mode from the startup command line in order to load the trusted_keys.txt. Look here for more info about VPKs:

INFORMATION:
    Version: 1.0
    Author: f64 & Übernoober
    Commands: None
    Cvars: None other than version.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip VPK per Map.zip (8.4 KB, 328 views)

Last edited by f64; 07-12-2013 at 02:12. Reason: Image too large - linked it
    Root_
    Veteran Member
    Old 07-11-2013 , 13:19   Re: [DoD:S] VPK per Map
    Reply With Quote #2

Interesting thing! Too bad I dont use any custom packs

dodsplugins.com - Plugins and Resources for Day of Defeat
    http://twitch.tv/zadroot
    f64
    Old 07-11-2013 , 18:02   Re: [DoD:S] VPK per Map
    Reply With Quote #3

@ Root_,

Yeah, I suspect it will be awhile before people start using custom packs, as it's kind of new. If you were to have one, I would bet it would be the Soviet pack.
    I think I got that from Steam's DoD:S forum when I was testing VPKs. It's pretty nice!

Oh, I've decided to incorporate the pure_server_whitelist.txt as well in my next version, since it can work in conjunction with the packs.
    That way, you can switch back to a standard whitelist for maps that have no packs assigned to them.