12% 

[ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]

Post New Thread Reply   

Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-25-2013 , 16:02   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.41
Reply With Quote #21

This is the skyrpg3 thread;
SkyRPG2 has only been included in the zip for people who want it as the version included was previously unreleased.
I have stated in several places on this thread, including the original post that I do not support SkyRPG2.
However, I already looked at that log, previously, and told you it was caused because you compiled it with SM 1.6. That plugin must be compiled with 1.5.
Please stop posting SkyRPG2 logs and questions related to SkyRPG2 in this thread. Use the SkyRPG2 thread
I stopped work on SkyRPG2 when I began work on SkyRPG3. As I no longer play the game, I will only support SkyRPG3; Support for SkyRPG2 was dropped almost a year a go. However, you are free to post in the Plugin Ideas/Requests thread on this forum asking if anyone would be willing to pick up the project.

Last edited by Skyy; 04-25-2013 at 16:03.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 05-21-2013 , 21:23   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.41
Reply With Quote #22

A quick update here...
As I no longer play L4D2 or run a server, it has taken a long time to decide the direction I want to take with this plugin. Sky rpg 3 v1.5 comes with several unannounced changes, but I'm also working on Sky rpg 4, which will be released when it is finished. Any actual bugs found in the current release of Sky rpg 3 will be addressed up until the release of v1.5.
cree
BANNED
Old 05-30-2013 , 22:55   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.41
Reply With Quote #23

what version should skyrpg 3 be compiled with to work correctly? sourcemod 1.5 or 1.4?
Send a message via ICQ to cree Send a message via AIM to cree Send a message via Yahoo to cree Send a message via Skype™ to cree
thetwistedpanda
Good Little Panda
Old 05-30-2013 , 22:57   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.41
Reply With Quote #24

Old 05-31-2013 , 02:51   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.41
Reply With Quote #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by cree View Post
what version should skyrpg 3 be compiled with to work correctly? sourcemod 1.5 or 1.4?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Description
If you want to compile the plugin yourself...
You will need to download the latest versions of the required .inc files. Many can be found at the links below.
It is your responsibility to make sure you are using the latest version of these files.
Gamemode.inc
l4d_stocks.inc
L4D2 Direct
Left 4 Downtown 2
Ready Up

This plugin will not function properly if it is not compiled with Sourcemod 1.5.
Please note that I only provide support on issues related to the use of the stock binary.
I'm just curious, but what are you changing that requires you to recompile it?

Last edited by Skyy; 06-02-2013 at 02:46.
cree
BANNED
Old 06-08-2013 , 11:07   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]
Reply With Quote #26

Im not changing anything, as you said it will only compile with sourcemod v1.5 so i want to compile it to work with sourcemod v1.4 and it did with some minor adjustments as stated below. At first I taught i got an error as i couldn't get rid of the hint that says to "type !rpg to blah lbah blah" but then i realize that when you spent your ability points/slate point then it goes away (^_^) .

EDIT: Im using sourcemod 1.4.8 and i recompiled it and its working great, as a matter of fact all your plugins im using is on sourcemod v1.4.8. so y would you say that you need to be running sourcemod v1.5.0. You should say it cannot be compiled on sourcemod 1.6 as ive tried 1.6 and it dont compile.

P.S. BTW im using Left 4 Downtown 2 v0.5.4.2 ext. when compiling them, as the 1 you used which is v0.5.3 will most indifinitely limit you to only compile in sourcemod v1.5.

Last edited by cree; 06-08-2013 at 11:23.
Send a message via ICQ to cree Send a message via AIM to cree Send a message via Yahoo to cree Send a message via Skype™ to cree
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 06-13-2013 , 23:11   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]
Reply With Quote #27

Certain signatures, and thus certain abilities, do not function while using L4Downtown 0.5.4.x.
The same is true for using versions different than Sourcemod 1.5.
This is why you must use Sourcemod 1.5 and L4Downtown 0.5.3 on your server. You will run into these issues. You probably haven't noticed, because there are hundreds of combinations of abilities, but I won't argue the issue, as Panda and myself have both verified irregularities and the above if not using the versions I have required on the thread.
kingpin
Veteran Member
Old 07-08-2013 , 11:05   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]
Reply With Quote #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyy View Post
Certain signatures, and thus certain abilities, do not function while using L4Downtown 0.5.4.x.
skyrpg3_v1.43
Linux
SM 1.5 HG 3849
L4d2

[SM] Unable to load extension "left4downtown.ext": /servers/l4d2_1/left4dead2/addons/sourcemod/extensions/left4downtown.ext.2.l4d2.so: undefined symbol: g_pMemAlloc
[SM] Unable to load plugin "skyrpg3.smx": Required extension "Left 4 Downtown" file("left4downtown.ext") not running

the old l4downtown doesnt work with updates I presume, and you say the new one will cause issues, so any ideas for a fix? thanx.
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-28-2013 , 15:30   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]
Reply With Quote #29

I will probably update this to work with the new l4dt, since the july update that has broken all previous versions. However, as I'm currently developing a new version of ready up, as well as sky rpg 4, and no one (to my knowledge) has actually used this plugin, I am prioritizing current projects before updating this one. However, I will take a look at sky rpg 3 in the next few days to see how much work (and if it's possibly a quick update) it will take to make it compatible with the current release of l4d2.

Last edited by Skyy; 07-28-2013 at 15:30.
Skyy
AlliedModders Donor
Old 08-02-2013 , 16:35   Re: [ L4D2 ] Sky rpg 3 v1.43 [6/02/13]
Reply With Quote #30

For anyone who has been waiting for an update for this version:

I've decided to no longer develop new updates for SkyRPG3. However, I will be updating the gamedata file as well as updating support for the latest version of Left 4 Downtown 2, so the plugin is at the least, usable.

New updates have been canceled, as I am developing a new module for Ready Up v3 titled simply, "RPG"

Here is a sample of the fully customizable config file that I am developing for the module. Like SkyRPG2 and SkyRPG3, there will likely be public and private versions.
Sample RPG Module Config