Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

My CSGO server will not download this particular map

Post New Thread Reply   

ConVict RIZLA
Old 04-02-2013 , 16:12   My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #1

well its been a couple days and i am thourougly beaten. i cant find any forums about this.

so my map cs_crackhouse_xxl will not download to people when they connect to the server. sv_allowdownloads is on 1, it will upload all other maps. and when i do the map under a fast compile in sdk the mmap will download to people just fine.

but lol, its after the 8 hour compile that it decides that copy of the map shouldnt be downloadable. something about the full compile is making the file different and i just have no idea what could be going on

i am extremely confused and very much hoping some one knows whats happening here

this is what it says to people in console

pure server whitelist: sv_pure = 1.
Missing map maps\cs_crackhouse_xxl.bsp, disconnecting

Last edited by ConVict RIZLA; 04-02-2013 at 16:14.
ConVict RIZLA
Old 04-02-2013 , 17:00   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #2

well. as my life always goes.

i figured it out shortly after posting.

so if sv_pure = 1. then large files must be on the server whitelist. i deleted dust2 from my maps folder and tried to get on the server on that map, but had same issue as my other map. so since the fast compile made a 9mb file i was able to get people to DL. but the full compile is 25mb including all packed textures and .kv and otherstuff.

so clearly my problem is that sv_pure = 1.

i hope if anyone has this problem also that this little insane rambling to myself saves them a minute or 2

cheers
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2013 , 17:49   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #3

I am not exactly sure on csgo, but did you check your:

net_maxfilesize

Default is 16mb.
Old 04-02-2013 , 18:43   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #4

hmm. do you know where this might be located? server.cfg or like somewhere else? ill keep looking on my own just wondering.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2013 , 18:59   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #5

Since you have this map on the workshop, why not just use CS:GO's workshop hosting ability?

Last edited by Powerlord; 04-02-2013 at 18:59.
Dr_Knuckles
AlliedModders Donor
Old 04-02-2013 , 19:56   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #6

Again I have no idea if that works for CSGO or not but you can add it to your server.cfg like:

net_maxfilesize 64

Im pretty sure 64 is the max.

Edit: to answer your question it probably isn't "set" anywhere, you'll need to add it. It will be sitting at default, which is 16 mb until you specify otherwise.

Last edited by Dr_Knuckles; 04-02-2013 at 19:57.
ConVict RIZLA
Old 04-04-2013 , 05:56   Re: My CSGO server will not download this particular map
Reply With Quote #7

damn nothing seems to work. it just wont download any large files nothing seems to work. ive reinstalled the server, tried everything it seems.

just seems stupid to not be able to DL a map thats over 16mb in a game where theyre all 40mb