Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

[TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)

Post New Thread Reply   

GandalfTheWhite
Old 04-12-2022 , 01:00   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.2.1, 07/02/2015)
Reply With Quote #611

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storby View Post
I have questions how I make minigun shoot rockets ?
You could use the override projectile type attribute with a value of 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
I now have a developer preview up in my releases that adds support for string attributes.

You still can't do things like set custom names / descriptions (this will probably never happen), but you can now read them, and you can set attributes given the name and string value (mainly the server-sided things like custom projectile model).

Code:
// read the custom name on an item, or "NO NAME" if the item doesn't have a custom name
// note that you must use the attribute class, not the name
TF2Attrib_HookValueString("NO NAME", "custom_name_attr", entity, buffer, sizeof(buffer));

// set a custom projectile model on a weapon
TF2Attrib_SetFromStringValue(entity, "custom projectile model", "models/weapons/c_models/c_grenadelauncher/c_grenadelauncher.mdl");

// you can even read off strings from somewhere and do this and it will Just Work(tm) for setting it as any type the game supports
TF2Attrib_SetFromStringValue(entity, "fire rate bonus HIDDEN", "0.2");
Let me know if you run into any issues with this one.
Hello! I've tried to use the custom projectile model attribute with your plugin, but it only works for grenade-type projectiles. I'm using it alongside the Custom Weapons X.

Excuse me if I said something wrong. My english it's not the best and this is the first time I reply to a thread in this website.

Last edited by GandalfTheWhite; 04-12-2022 at 01:05.
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 01-17-2023 , 12:42   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #612

(For those that haven't seen yet, nosoop's fork has been merged into this).

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
RevilleAJ
Old 10-02-2023 , 12:27   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #613

Did this plugin break or something? I keep getting the following error spammed in the log:
Quote:
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Unrecognized library "server" (gameconf "/home/mainuser/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/tf2.attributes.txt")
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Exception reported: Could not initialize call to CEconItemSchema::GetItemDefinition
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Blaming: tf2attributes.smx
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Call stack trace:
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] [0] SetFailState
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] [1] Line 137, scripting/tf2attributes.sp::OnPluginStart
I've made sure everything is in the right area, including the tf2attributes.txt gamedata file. I haven't played TF2 with sourcemod in a long time since my old PC broke, and rn I'm stuck to Linux.

There's also:
Quote:
L 10/02/2023 - 16:51:50: [SM] Unrecognized library "server" (gameconf "/home/mainuser/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/core.games/engine.ep2valve.txt")
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Unrecognized library "server" (gameconf "/home/mainuser/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/sdktools.games/game.tf.txt")
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SDKTOOLS] Signature for FireOutput not found in gamedata
L 10/02/2023 - 16:52:16: [SM] Unrecognized library "server" (gameconf "/home/mainuser/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/Team Fortress 2/tf/addons/sourcemod/gamedata/sm-tf2.games.txt")
I've tried both sourcemod 1.11 stable and 1.12 dev, but there's no difference between the two in terms of the errors. The last update for tf2attributes was in April, while the latest "major" TF2 updates was in July, and that update added VSH as an official gamemode and made some other changes, so I don't know if the issue is fully on my end only or not.

Last edited by RevilleAJ; 10-02-2023 at 12:38. Reason: Forgot to mention the TF2 Summer Update
FlaminSarge
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2023 , 13:59   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #614

The 'unrecognized library: "Server"' error seems like it could be an issue with SourceMod's gamedata-reader directly since it's happening to all of your gamedata rather than just TF2Attributes.

All plugins: Randomizer/GiveWeapon, ModelManager, etc.
Post in plugin threads with questions.
Steam is for playing games.
You will be fed to javalia otherwise.
Psyduck likes replays.
RevilleAJ
Old 10-02-2023 , 14:22   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #615

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge View Post
The 'unrecognized library: "Server"' error seems like it could be an issue with SourceMod's gamedata-reader directly since it's happening to all of your gamedata rather than just TF2Attributes.
Seems to be the case. I'm not sure what's causing it at all or how I could fix it. I don't get the same issue with TF2Classic (as in gamedata errors, not tf2attributes), although that mod runs on Source SDK Base 2013 Multiplayer. Can't really seem to find anything about it online other than very old posts that do not have proper answers.
nosoop
Veteran Member
Old 10-02-2023 , 15:39   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #616

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevilleAJ View Post
Did this plugin break or something? I keep getting the following error spammed in the log:
[...]
Copying the information over from a Discord chat, the game client's server binary (based on the location being reported) doesn't appear to ship with debugging symbols. SourceMod and many plugins expect Linux TF2 instances to run with unstripped binaries since the dedicated server ships with those; running it on a client is unsupported.

(It happens to work on Windows since debugging symbols aren't compiled into the binary; the dedicated and client server binaries are effectively the same on that platform.)

Last edited by nosoop; 10-02-2023 at 15:41.
RevilleAJ
Old 10-03-2023 , 02:19   Re: [TF2] TF2Attributes (v1.7.2, 2022/09/18)
Reply With Quote #617

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosoop View Post
Copying the information over from a Discord chat, the game client's server binary (based on the location being reported) doesn't appear to ship with debugging symbols. SourceMod and many plugins expect Linux TF2 instances to run with unstripped binaries since the dedicated server ships with those; running it on a client is unsupported.

(It happens to work on Windows since debugging symbols aren't compiled into the binary; the dedicated and client server binaries are effectively the same on that platform.)
Yep, so I had to run a dedicated server with SourceMod installed there instead of loading it in-game. Never had ran a dedicated server before, but it works now, so thank you.