Zombie:Reloaded is now mature enough to be called stable and we bump the version to 3.1. The patches since the beta 2 release have fixed several issues and improved a few things.
There's no official CS: GO support
yet, as it's not our primary focus.
Have fun with the new stuff!
Richard Helgeby &
Major News in This Release
Immunity modes is an old idea that has been around since ZR 3.0 beta 1. It was never given priority, until now.
These modes change the way attacks are received either as zombie or human. It's now possible to do the following:
- Slow infection. Zombies can hurt humans so they'll loose HP. Either humans are stabbed to death, or they can be infected if go below a HP threshold. If some maps have medkits (or implement them) humans will get multiple chances of getting away from zombies.
- Delayed infection. Instead of instantly turning a zombie, the infection is delayed a few seconds (customizable). It's also possible to enable that subsequent zombie attacks will reduce the delay by a certain amount of seconds and speedup the infection. A possible feature that can be implemented later is a cure for infection so that humans can cure themself before the time is up.
- Instant kill. Zombies will instantly kill humans when attacking instead of infecting.
- Block damage. Zombies can't take damage from humans, but are still vulnerable to knock back. With this mode, humans can only win by surviving the entire round.
- Deploy a shield. This is a temporary immunity mode similar to TF2's übercharge and activated by the "zshield" command (in chat or console). Humans will be immune to infection and zombies will not receive knock back (they still receive damage). The shield only last for a few seconds and need a cooldown before it can be used again. Both values can be customized. Currently there are no visual effects when the shield is deployed, but this makes it possible for humans to use themself as a decoy.
- Be completely immune. Humans can't be infected and zombies don't receive damage or knock back. There's no use for this mode itself and it will break the game, but it's there if someone want to be creative with addon plugins. It's practically the same as a permanent spawn protection, only that it works on zombie classes too.
It's of course possible to make various classes with different modes, so you're not bound to use only one of them.
These modes can drastically improve the gameplay and make it more fun to play.
It's now possible to get better control of how many humans that are infected when the round has started. It has three modes:
Game Mode Configs
- Dynamic (default). This is the old one that scales number of zombies according to a ratio and number of players on the server.
- Absolute. Infect an absolute number of humans. This mode also has an option to invert the infection so that everyone but a small group of humans are infected (like a survivor game mode).
- Range. Infects a random number of players between a minimum and maximum range.
With the introduction of immunity modes and infection modes it's possible to make a few game modes. These are not real game modes, but various configurations of Zombie:Reloaded.
A few example configs are provided (based on the Zombie Plague plugin):
- Nemesis. Only one zombie is spawned, but it's very powerful and do instant kills (64K HP, speed, jump boost, and very low knock back). Humans must survive the round or kill it. Teamwork is essential in this mode.
- Survivor. Everyone but a small group of humans is infected.
- Swarm. 50% is infected. Humans fight to the death - humans are stabbed to death instead of infected. This requires a post map config to modify the immunity mode on all humans.
When the map is changed or reloaded the default configuration is restored. You need to use map configs to enable these modes. It might work to enable some of them after the map is loaded, but some modes require the class config to be reloaded and reapplied on all players (zr_config_reload and zr_class_reload commands).
Install the following requirements:
The version numbers listed above are minimum requirements. You should always get the latest stable version.
See their documentation on how to install the requirements. Though, SDK Hooks is easily installed by just extracting the contents into the "cstrike" folder on the dedicated server and all files should go in the correct folders.
Verify that both Metamod:Source and SourceMod is running before continuing. Type these commands in the server console: "meta version" and "sm version". If both give version information it's working. If not, go
through their installation instructions again and verify that everything is in the correct place.
When the requirements are installed the Zombie:Reloaded release package can be extracted into the "cstrike" folder and all files should go in the correct place.
Start the dedicated server and verify that Zombie:Reloaded is running by typing this command in the server console: "zr_version".
Check the SourceMod error logs if it's not working. Zombie:Reloaded will validate and log errors if something is wrong. Look for messages from zombiereloaded.smx.
See the manual in docs/zr_manual.htm for details about configuration settings. It's recommended to look through it to get to know details about the features and how to configure them. Make sure you check it before reporting problems.
The source code is bundled in every release and patch. It's located in addons/sourcemod/scripting/ and prepared to compile once the SDK Hooks include file is installed.
Source code repositories with build scripts are available in our GitHub repository:
The repositories are bundled with all requirements except Git itself and should compile out of box.
A few people from the Allied Modders community have developed some addon plugins as a supplement to Zombie:Reloaded. A list of them are available here:
List of Changes
These are the changes since the beta 2 release:
- Many bug fixes and minor changes (50+).
- Added a cvar to allow zombies to pick up weapons at the end of the round.
- Added scream and moan commands for zombies, with spam protection.
- Added cvar to enable suicide intercept before the first zombie.
- Added cvar for minimum dx level on overlays.
- Added validation error messages for individual attributes when loading classes. Easier than reading bits from a number.
- Added external plugin API for ZR with basic infection, respawn and class tools.
- Added improved random number generator from SMLIB. (Better random zombie selection, etc.)
- Added infection countdown.
- Added cvar for disabling team balancing on round end (when using a custom team balancing plugin).
- Added knock back boost workaround for CS: GO.
- Added immunity modes.
- Added infection modes.
- Changed class limit to 64 classes.
- Changed Zombie:Reloaded to use the SDK Hooks extension instead of our old ZR Tools extension.