Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts

Post New Thread Reply   

Konstantin
Old 11-26-2012 , 07:08   CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #1

Hey there!
I often get this error on standard maps ...
Server CS:GO; Windows. I did not change anything since latest Valve update (v1.21.3.1; before that, everything worked fine!). I have no idea how to fix this problem! Hope you guys can help me! Thanks in advanced!
Plugins

meta list

P.S. Logs contain no information with regards to this issue
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_24112012_183643.png
Views:	569
Size:	1.3 KB
ID:	112562  
eric0279
AlliedModders Donor
Old 11-26-2012 , 07:39   Re: CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #2

https://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=186830
Konstantin
Old 11-26-2012 , 08:11   Re: CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric0279 View Post
My OS is Windows (Enterprice x64). What files do I choose and where to install it?
pizzahut
Old 12-30-2012 , 10:29   Re: CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #4

Did you manage to solve this issue, having the same problem. I think in my case it's because I have bots running, using these settings:

bot_join_after_player 0 // set this to 0 if bots should always be present
bot_quota 4
sv_hibernate_when_empty 0 // set this to 0 if bots should always be present

OS is Microsoft Windows Server 2003, Standard x64 Edition, Service Pack 2

Edit: The plugin didn't help.

Last edited by pizzahut; 12-30-2012 at 20:56.
pizzahut
Old 01-03-2013 , 09:13   Re: CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #5

I read details about the issue in this thread, apparently it's got to do with rounds never ending when bots are present.

I first tried the Time limit enforcer plugin to force a map change but it turned out to be bugged.

I've added the "win or die" plugin and it seems to have removed the critical "No free edicts" error where I had to click "OK" each time it happened. The map doesn't seem to ever change though while there are bots only. Occasionally it's crashing, but I think it auto restarts. I'm not 100% sure as I'm not the only admin, so perhaps someone else restarted it.

Oddly mp_fraglimit is part of the server rules shown in HLSW, but it's not a valid cvar? If this cvar was working, this might fix the issue as well.

I have a time and a round limit on the server, neither helped with the never ending round problem though when there are only bots.

Edit: The win or die plugin depends on the updater plugin, which needs either the cURL, Socket or SteamTools extension. SteamTools doesn't support CS:GO, and cURL didn't load even with the Microsoft runtime installed. The socket extension worked though.

Edit 2: I was able to set the cvar through the sm_cvar command - AFAIR, it can access and change disabled CVARs.

Last edited by pizzahut; 01-03-2013 at 16:41.
Powerlord
AlliedModders Donor
Old 01-03-2013 , 10:54   Re: CS:GO Server crash: Engine error. ED_Alloc: No free edicts
Reply With Quote #6

mp_fraglimit is primarily for HL2:DM which doesn't have rounds / round goals like all the other srcds games do. Not sure why they didn't just disable it on all the other games.

Last edited by Powerlord; 01-03-2013 at 10:54.