Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[CSGO] Plugin Idea.

Post New Thread Reply   

mercgrinder
Old 10-17-2012 , 06:25   [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #1

I have been gaming for years and have always had some good ideas to pass over to moderns, I have had a few ideas that have turned into great mods but not by myself. Not got the knowledge for that lol.

My latest thoughts are for csgo. What I would like someone to participate in is just some small tweaks to the current game modes.

HOSTAGES: Running the mode with only 6 rounds of which the idea of the mode stays the same but players respawn upon dying making the rounds last longer. In all games in csgo, some gamers are not really interested in actually getting hostages safe or planting bombs because as soon as they kill all the enemy then the round ends. My idea would mean that the actuall objective would be carried out in rounds of 10 minutes, winning by taking hostages or if the round ends then opposite team winning by protecting the hostages.

CLASSIC: Exactly the same idea as above, players respawn after dying and the round will end when both bomb sites have been planted and blown up or opposing team wins by defending sites.

Please can anyone advise as to if there is anything out there similar to this or whether someone would like to work with me on it.

Thanks
FaTony
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2012 , 06:33   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #2

Already have most of this implemented privately on CS:S. CS:GO is not mod-worthy.
Old 10-17-2012 , 06:35   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #3

Wether it is mod worthy in anyone's opinion or not, it would be good to have this is csgo.
Doc-Holiday
AlliedModders Donor
Old 10-17-2012 , 06:52  
Reply With Quote #4

Lol run death match with objectives
VJScope
Old 10-17-2012 , 09:57   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercgrinder View Post
I have been gaming for years and have always had some good ideas to pass over to moderns, I have had a few ideas that have turned into great mods but not by myself. Not got the knowledge for that lol.

My latest thoughts are for csgo. What I would like someone to participate in is just some small tweaks to the current game modes.

HOSTAGES: Running the mode with only 6 rounds of which the idea of the mode stays the same but players respawn upon dying making the rounds last longer. In all games in csgo, some gamers are not really interested in actually getting hostages safe or planting bombs because as soon as they kill all the enemy then the round ends. My idea would mean that the actuall objective would be carried out in rounds of 10 minutes, winning by taking hostages or if the round ends then opposite team winning by protecting the hostages.

CLASSIC: Exactly the same idea as above, players respawn after dying and the round will end when both bomb sites have been planted and blown up or opposing team wins by defending sites.

Please can anyone advise as to if there is anything out there similar to this or whether someone would like to work with me on it.

Thanks
So they can't get hostages/plant bomb and kill opponent players at the same time? State some rules on the server and if someone breaks them, punish him. Problem solved? This sounds more like attitude problem that some of the players have, not lack of plugins.
Veteran Member
Old 10-17-2012 , 10:01   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJScope View Post
So they can't get hostages/plant bomb and kill opponent players at the same time? State some rules on the server and if someone breaks them, punish him. Problem solved? This sounds more like attitude problem that some of the players have, not lack of plugins.
A game design sets gameplay, not written rules.
Old 10-18-2012 , 16:13   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #7

No, ure getting it wrong. The idea is to design a plug in that will actually only let the round end when an objective has been completed. Allowing players to respawn when killed so they can continue the round helping thier team to reach the objective.

Similar to capture the flag etc but keeping the same csgo game modes, just making them better so that thier is an actuall objective. In csgo, thier is objectives such as hostages and planting bombs but folk know tat to win the round all they have to do is wipe out the enemy. So what I want to do is change that, round win only by completing the objective or stopping the enemy completing the objective
Sheepdude
SourceMod Donor
Old 10-18-2012 , 18:37   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #8

Hmm interesting idea, basically Day of Defeat but Counter-Strike style. Would it be deathmatch mode (i.e. people can choose what weapons they spawn with), or would they still have to purchase weapons?
Old 10-18-2012 , 20:28   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdude View Post
Hmm interesting idea, basically Day of Defeat but Counter-Strike style. Would it be deathmatch mode (i.e. people can choose what weapons they spawn with), or would they still have to purchase weapons?
Since 99% of time I play solo with bots, I've just made it so weapons are saved when you die and restored when you respawn since it easily integrates with buy menu.
Old 10-25-2012 , 04:37   Re: [CSGO] Plugin Idea.
Reply With Quote #10

You could make it so either option was possible with changing cvar.

So,is anyone interested in helping me or making the mod with my ideas.

Thanks