Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin

Post New Thread Reply   

bdmj
Old 05-17-2015 , 16:15   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #31

Can someone please tell me how I can use and setup the models and sounds to work for L4D1? I run a dedicated server and I would love to use this. I can throw a propane tank but it just disappears with no sound or damage effects.
Old 05-10-2019 , 04:27   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #32

Hello!

I have identified a gamebreakingly abusable glitch with this plugin. And I have fixed it!

If you throw a cluster bomb and immediately disconnect, the console will be filled with many error messages, and the bomblets will remain in the map forever. By binding a key to sm_cb and to "retry" (disconnect/reconnect) on release, a map can be filled with hundreds of useless (and very heavy) grenades.

Attached is my revised version of this code, which I have supposed I can call version 1.1. (Can I?) A changelog from my "diff" program:

9c9
< #define PLUGIN_VERSION "1.1"
---
> #define PLUGIN_VERSION "1.0"
77c77
< CreateConVar("sm_cbomb_version", PLUGIN_VERSION, "WiLdTuRkEy\'s ClusterBomb Plugin: Version", FCVAR_SPONLY|FCVAR_REPLICATED|FCVAR_NOTIFY|FC VAR_DONTRECORD);
---
> CreateConVar("sm_cbomb_version", PLUGIN_VERSION, "WiLdTuRkEy\'s ClusterBomb Plugin: Version", FCVAR_PLUGIN|FCVAR_SPONLY|FCVAR_REPLICATED|FC VAR_NOTIFY|FCVAR_DONTRECORD);
283,299c283
< //make sure we waited long enough before tossing another one
< new nextTime = nextClusterBombTime[client] - GetTime();
< if (nextTime <= 0)
< {
< PrintToChat(client, "[SM] You must be alive to do that...");
< }
< else
< {
< if (nextTime > 1)
< {
< PrintToChat(client, "[SM] You must wait %d more seconds..", nextTime);
< }
< else if (nextTime == 1)
< {
< PrintToChat(client, "[SM] You must wait 1 more second..");
< }
< }

---
> PrintToChat(client, "[SM] You must be alive to do that...");
361,364c345
< new team;
< if (IsClientHere(client)) {
< team = GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iTeamNum");
< }

---
> new team = GetEntProp(client, Prop_Send, "m_iTeamNum");
370c351
< if (explosion != -1 && IsClientHere(client))
---
> if (explosion != -1)

Two other differences are the removal of a never-used "FCVAR_PLUGIN" and now using the command while dead will tell you if the cooldown is still going on.
Attached Files
File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (sm_cbomb.sp - 222 views - 14.7 KB)
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-11-2019 , 00:27   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #33

Should be keeping track of whose bomb is whose and if a player disconnects (OnClientDisconnect), any active bombs of theirs should be removed.

Wonder if this issue is also present in my TF2 Demoman's Dynamite Pack plugin since it's essentially the same as this.

Last edited by 404UserNotFound; 05-11-2019 at 00:27.
Mayo
Old 05-11-2019 , 21:58   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post
Should be keeping track of whose bomb is whose and if a player disconnects (OnClientDisconnect), any active bombs of theirs should be removed.

Wonder if this issue is also present in my TF2 Demoman's Dynamite Pack plugin since it's essentially the same as this.
To test for the worst abuse of the glitch:

Code:
alias +foo sm_cb
alias -foo retry
bind \ +foo
Or replace sm_cb with sm_grenade2 if you want to test yours. Join, press \, and then release. Throws a cluster bomb, disconnects you, then reconnects you. The bomblets will appear and never disappear. And if there was a 120-second timer, the timer is gone now, so you can do it again as soon as you reconnect.

The first change I made was to resolve the 10 error mesages (1 for each bomblet) by reusing the IsClientHere test. This caused the explosions to resume, but they were behaving brokenly, so another IsClientHere test was added to accompany the bomblets' disappearance with no explosion if IsClientHere failed.

It really seems that I have fixed this problem. I don't know if WildTurkey could be awoken to edit the OP.
404UserNotFound
BANNED
Old 05-11-2019 , 22:30   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #35

Well, in regards to the timer exploit, perhaps a clientprefs cookie storing the time left on a countdown if a client leaves would be a good addition. When the client rejoins, check the clientpref cookie for the timeleft and if any, resume the countdown.
Mayo
Old 05-11-2019 , 23:17   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by 404UNF View Post
Well, in regards to the timer exploit, perhaps a clientprefs cookie storing the time left on a countdown if a client leaves would be a good addition. When the client rejoins, check the clientpref cookie for the timeleft and if any, resume the countdown.
That's up to you, man. I don't know how to do that.

TBH, I barely use the sm_cb function on my main HL2DM server the usual way. Rather, I sneak up on people, jump on their head, and throw it directly down. It kills them, and since I didn't use a gravity gun, it registers as a suicide.

I am notorious for using the "headbonk" and usually disconnect/reconnect with my \ bind if it fails to connect.
NotApollyon093
Old 07-15-2019 , 15:44   Re: [ANY] WiLdTuRkEy's Clusterbomb Plugin
Reply With Quote #37

Thanks for the fix. I remember tripping on those constantly.