Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

View Poll Results: Which of the following features would you be most interested in seeing implemented into the Bad Camp
Different punishments based on current punishment level. 4 17.39%
Message to the opposite team when a player is camping. 6 26.09%
Logging of each player's camping statistics for each map. 1 4.35%
Chicken punishment. 4 17.39%
Weapon reduction punishment. 3 13.04%
I am not interested in seeing any of the above features implemented. 5 21.74%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Bad Camper: New Features

Post New Thread Reply   

Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 15:38   Bad Camper: New Features
Reply With Quote #1

There have been several requests for new features in the Bad Camper plugin. I'm not totally sold on adding any of the remaining feature requests (all of which are listed below).

If you do not use or are not interested in the Bad Camper plugin, please don't vote. If the opposite is true, that you either use or are interested in the plugin, please vote. What I work on next will be determined by the results of this poll.

Initial details of each poll option follow (implementation of a feature may be different than what is described):

Different punishments based on current punishment level.
Currently, whatever you set your punishment as just increases in severity (if applicable) at each punishment level (80%, 90%, 100%). This feature request would allow you to have say, snore and blind as the punishment at 80%, then snore, blind, and health reduction at 90% and then just slap at 100%.

Message to the opposite team when a player is camping.
At some percentage, probably 90% or 100%, a message would be displayed to the opposite team telling them when a player is camping (would include the camper's name). As the camper's meter goes down, another message would display at 80% indicating the player is no longer camping.

Logging of each player's camping statistics for each map.
Every so often, perhaps every 5 seconds, each player's meter would be saved and then summarized and logged at the end of the map.

Chicken punishment.
At 80% the player would begin to exhibit characteristics of a chicken and then even more so at 90% before fully turning into a chicken at 100%.

Weapon reduction punishment.
At 80%, the player would lose use of his primary weapon, leaving pistol, knife and nades. At 90%, the player would lose use of his pistol, leaving knife and nades. At 100%, the player would lose use of his knife, leaving only nades as his weapon. As the player's meter reduces from 100%, the player would regain usage of the various weapons in reverse.
BAILOPAN
Old 10-15-2005 , 15:40  
Reply With Quote #2

The only thing I do when I play CS is camp.
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 15:43  
Reply With Quote #3

Then you wouldn't like joining a server utilizing this plugin. Then again, perhaps you would enjoy it. I don't pretend to know what you like.
eFrigid
Old 10-15-2005 , 19:49  
Reply With Quote #4

Hell ya Brad i can't wait!!
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-15-2005 , 22:44  
Reply With Quote #5

Can't wait for what?
Zenith77
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2005 , 00:57  
Reply With Quote #6

I think the message to the opposite team should really be added, and the logging + diff. punishments.
Brad
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-16-2005 , 08:44  
Reply With Quote #7

Which reminds me, I really wish one could put up a mulitple choice poll rather than just a single choice poll. Oh well, you go to war with the troops you... er, I mean, you post polls working with the tools you have.
Curryking
Veteran Member
Old 10-16-2005 , 11:16  
Reply With Quote #8

I've voted for Chickenpunishment - sounds funny to me ;-)
I think a message to the other team could also be very anoying depending on how many players and how often players in the opposite team are camping. I would like to have a message WHERE they are camping, but I guess this can't be done :-D

Cheers, Curry
AMX Mod X Team Member
Old 10-18-2005 , 21:16  
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryking
I think a message to the other team could also be very anoying depending on how many players and how often players in the opposite team are camping.
The announcement would be optional, of course.

Also, if one has a problem with people camping too often, they need to adjust their punishments to handle it. The players will generally get the message and then camp less. I found the default punishments of snore + blind works to great effect.

Speaking of which, I find it amazing that players can't connect the fact that their vision is fading in and out more and more as their camp meter gets near 100% and then at 100% they're blind. More often than I'd expect (my expectations are obviously too high) a player will be like, "why the fuck did my screen go black?!?". The whole cause and effect thing really eludes some people.
eFrigid
Old 10-18-2005 , 21:26  
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brad
Can't wait for what?
Till you add this new stuff in that plugin i will use this all the time