[Source 2009] Rainbowize!
Rainbow chat! Requires Simple Chat Processor
Only works in Source 2009 games, which include:
- Team Fortress 2
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Half-Life 2: Deathmatch
- Day of Defeat: Source
- toggles rainbow chat on yourself
- toggles rainbow chat on target
sm_rainbowize <target> [1/0]
- sets rainbow chat on target
Default flag is ADMFLAG_CHAT
By default, admins with ADMFLAG_CHAT can target both themselves and everyone else (respecting immunity, of course). If you want lower-level admins to only be able to target themselves, you need to override RainbowizeTargetOthers
to the high-level admin flag and sm_rainbowize
to the low-level admin flag.
If you want to override sm_rainbowize to a different flag with full access, override both sm_rainbowize
- plugin version
sm_rainbowize_random (default 0)
- should colors be in a random order?
You can specify custom colors. Simply create a file called rainbowize_colors.ini in your configs folder and put your custom colors there, one per line. Do not prefix the colors with a # symbol. All colors must be in hexadecimal notation. Alpha is not supported.
If no config file is found, the default colors (shown above) will be used.
Requires the Simple Chat Processor
This plugin fires the following forward:
Return Plugin_Handled or Plugin_Stop to prevent chat from being rainbowized, or Plugin_Continue or Plugin_Changed to allow it. DO NOT START A NEW USERMESSAGE (e.g. PrintToChat, PrintToChatAll) WITHIN THIS FORWARD.
Put rainbowize.smx into /addons/sourcemod/plugins and reboot your server or type "sm plugins load rainbowize" into your console or rcon.
. The plugin will be autoupdated according to your Updater settings. It'll work without Updater.
Download Plugin (rainbowize.smx)
- v1.7.0 (8/11/13)
- Improved Updater integration and SCP detection
- v1.6.0 (11/11/12)
- Added custom colors ability
- v1.5.0 (9/27/12)
- Changed update URL to SVN repository
- Plugin now properly fails to load when Simple Chat Processor is not installed
- v1.4.0 (9/16/12)
- Updated plugin to support the renamed Custom Chat Colors forwards
- v1.3.0 (7/12/12)
- Added ability to disable automatic updating (sm_rainbowize_auto_update)
- v1.2.0 (6/2/12)
- v1.1.0 (5/30/12)
- Plugin now uses Simple Chat Processor
- Added random color option
- Added separate override options
- Added OnRainbowizingChat forward
- v1.0.0 (5/11/12)
View Source (rainbowize.sp)