"It's like Christmas morning..." - Christian Brutal Sniper In a few words:
Have you heard about Vs Saxton Hale Mode
? I think all of us have.
Freak Fortress 2
is just the same 1 vs all mod
, but with different Bosses, and it is also highly customizeable
The main feature is that you can create your own bosses without editing the source code itself. It can do anyone without SourcePawn knowledge.
Main server: 188.8.131.52:27020
1. Install\refresh all needed extensions... Do it again...NOW
2. Remove plugin file of VS Saxton Hale Mode if it's installed (tf\addons\sourcemod\plugins\saxtonhale.smx
3a. Install freak_fortress_2.zip
3b. Do you want FF2 only for Dead Run? Forget about previous archive and install ff2_deadrun_only.zip
. There is only 1 boss - Billy the Doll from 'Saw' series. Special for Dead Run.
4. If your server use FastDl make sure you have uploaded .bz2 files on your FastDl server.
Also previous version of FF2 (updated\downdates files only)
- [ATTENTION] Ninja-Spy's taunt will make some client banned if your server is running Kigen Anti Cheat plugin. Adviced to disable KAC plugin first.
- KAC should be disabled by FF2 now, but to be sure, do it by yourself.
- Maps to run: practically every arena and koth map is fine to run, but I do not recommend to run it on such maps as arena_granary, cause there are high points at the boxes on the control point, which are difficult for Boss to get.
- Do NOT load\unload\reload this plugin when map is running. Use ff2_enabled cvar.
- There are also some vsh_ maps with random respawn points. Check this post and GameBanana section.
- On vsh_ maps boss can play only in BLU team, but on all other maps team is chosen randomly.
- The plugin doesn't include class restrictions, but it's recommended to limit Engineers, Spies and Pyros to 3. You can use this DJ Tsunami's Class Restrictions to do so.
- 24-25 slots are recommended.
You can find all the cvars in the tf/cfg/sourcemod/FreakFortress2.cfg
(Default: 120) - Time between info about the mode. 0 = disable announce.
1/0 (Default: 0) - Select condition to enable point (0 - alive players, 1 - time).
(Default: 5) (for ff2_point_type 0) - Enable control points when there are X people left alive.
(Default: 6) (for ff2_point_type 1) - Additional time delay per player before point's activation.
(Default: 1) - Do you really want set it to 0?
(Default: 1) - Can Boss get crits?
(Default 0) - If it's 0, first round will be default arena.
(Default 2) - Short Circuit stuns Boss for N seconds (0 = disabled)
(Default 120) - Starts draw game timer for N seconds when only one Boss' enemy is not dead.
(Default 0) - Spectatots earns queue points and could be turned into a Boss.
Usage: type in console, or type /command or !command in chat (for example: /ff2)
- The main menu of the mode.
- Show Boss' health.
- Show the queue.
- Show the help about the mode.
- Show the info about changes of the current class (or about Boss)
- What's new?
- Enable\disable music of HHH.
- Enable\disable voice of Boss.
- Reset your queue points.
Usage: type in console, or type /command or !command in chat (for example: /ff2)
"nickname or part of it" "count of points"
- Add some points to this guy.
"Name of Boss or part of it"
- Set next Boss.
- Stop Boss' music for all players.
- Force point enable.
- Force point disable.
ff2_charset "character set or part of this"
- Set character set for next map
Maps, on which the mode will work, can be configured in addons\sourcemod\configs\freak_fortress_2\map s.cfg
. You can type "FF2 mapname
" to maplist or sm_nextmap to play mapname
with Freak Fortress 2.
You can use it to use the same map as default arena and with the mode (for example: "arena_well
" and "FF2 arena_well
Also, if you print "all" to the file, then all maps will be with this gamemode.
Is this plugin better than VSH?
Why convars is not changing?
Check and edit tf/cfg/sourcemod/FreakFortress2.cfg
What's "bNextMapToFF2" file?
If this file exists in tf\ folder, then VSH will began. It may be used in your own plugin. For example, I'm using it to switch VSH with FF2: if file exists, then VSH will started, else FF2 will.
There is some problems with doors, can it be fixed?
and add all needed maps to force opening the door (or "all" for all maps, which is not recommended)
How to make koth_ maps work with this mod?
I saw cp_, zf_, etc maps running VSH/FF2. How can I do it?
but don't forget: some maps has team_round_timer entity.
For example, this is my config for cp_redfort_b3 and all zf maps
I can't see Bosses, but I see giant ERROR.
a)Server uses sv_pure 2 or 1 without correct whitelist.
b1)Server uses sv_downloadurl, but there are no bz2-fileson your FTP.
b2)Server doesn't use sv_downloadurl, but has bz2-files on server itself.
c)Client set "do not download any custom files".
I have a character suggestion.
Of course! But... do you really can not MAKE him? You probably have not seen the second post yet.
How to disable gamemode's messages?
Set ConVar ff2_announce
I have crashes after new TF2 update.
Update your sourcemod, and extensions.
Originally Posted by FlaminSarge
1) TF2Items crashing depends on whether the offset required to use GiveNamedItem changes. Adding *just* new items often DOESN'T make it change.
Sometimes, the crash is caused because Valve changes the way GiveNamedItem works, in which case not only the Gamedata for TF2Items has to be updated, but also the ext itself.
Can you help me about something in PM?
How do queue points work.
For each played round, players gets 10 queue points. Guy(s), who has most points, will be the next Boss, and his points will be set to 0.
Extra plugins to improve the gameplay:
- Goomba Stomp (and little fix).
- You must set convar goomba_dmg_add to 1500
- You must set convar goomba_dmg_lifemultiplier to 0.
- Amplifier and Taunt Crits For more teamwork, or if Boss has so much HP.
- TF2 Third Person
- My Little Dispenser (ponyspenser) for lulz.
- Ghost Mode. You can walk, when you are dead.
- Coming (not) Soon: Plugin with tf_logic_vsh and other vsh\ff2-related entities. For mappers. I have no idea when it will be completed.
[FF2] Freak Fortress 2 has very much natives and forwards for customisation and your linked plugins.
Also FF2 supports VSH natives, so, you don't should remake your plugin for FF2, if it's works with VSH.
Please use FF2_GetBossIndex(client)!=-1
and do NOT
, cause Seeldier can throw non-Boss players into his team.
Natives is in tf\addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\ freak_fortress_2.inc
[VSH] Natives can be used for your plugin to make links to VSH, for example: get Hale's UserId, Health, MaxHealth, Team, Special round index etc.
Customisation is a major objective for FF2.
All Boss' stats placed in config files (addons\sourcemod\configs\freak_fortress_2\
All Boss' abilities placed in sub-plugins (addons\sourcemod\plugins\freaks\
You don't need edit Freak Fortress 2 plugin to make your own Boss and abilities for Boss.
Visit 3rd post to get more.
- Fixed attributes key of weaponN block. Now 1 space needed for explode string.
- Disabled vote for charset when there is only 1 not hidden chatset.
- Fixed "Invalid key value handle 0 (error 4)" when when round starts.
- Fixed ammo for special_noanims.ff2\rage_new_weapon ability.
- Coming soon: weapon balance will be moved into config file.
- Added FF2_OnLoadCharacterSet forward.
- Added "hidden" key for charsets.
- Added "sound_stabbed" key for characters.
- Mantread stomp deals 5x damage to Boss.
- Minicrits will not play loud sound to all players
- For mappers: Add info_target with name 'hale_no_music' to prevent Boss' music.
- FF2 renames *.smx from plugins/freaks/ to *.ff2 by itself.
- Third Degree hit adds uber to healers.
- Fixed hard "ghost_appearation" in default_abilities.ff2.
- FF2FLAG_HUDDISABLED flag blocks EVERYTHING of FF2's HUD.
- Changed FF2_PreAbility native to fix bug about broken Boss' abilities.
- Seeldier's minions have protection (teleport) from pits for first 4 seconds after spawn.
- Seeldier's minions correctly dies when owner-Seeldier dies.
- Added multiplier for brave jump ability in char.configs (arg3, default is 1.0).
- Added config key sound_fail. It calls when Boss fails, but still alive.
- Fixed potential exploits associated with feign death.
- Added ff2_reload_subplugins command to reload FF2's subplugins.
- Finally fixed exploit about queue points.
- Fixed non-regular bug with 'UTIL_SetModel: not precached'.
- Fixed potential bug about reducing of Boss' health by healing.
- Fixed Boss' stun when round begins.
- Added isNumOfSpecial parameter into FF2_GetSpecialKV and FF2_GetBossSpecial natives.
- Added FF2_PreAbility forward. Plz use it to prevent FF2_OnAbility only.
- Added FF2_DoAbility native.
- Fixed exploit about queue points...ow wait, it done in 1.01.
- ff2_1st_set_abilities.ff2 sets kac_enabled to 0.
- FF2FLAG_HUDDISABLED flag disables Boss' HUD too.
- Added FF2_GetQueuePoints and FF2_SetQueuePoints natives.
1.0 (compared with VSH v.1.38 )
- Fixed "classmix" bug associated with Boss' class restoring.
- Fixed other little bugs.
- Fixed bug about instant kill of Seeldier's minions.
- Now you can use name of Boss' file for "companion" Boss' keyvalue.
- Fixed exploit when dead Boss can been respawned after his reconnect.
- Fixed "Random" charpack, there is no vote if only one charpack.
- Fixed bug when boss' music have a chance to DON'T play.
- Fixed bug associated with ff2_enabled in cfg/sourcemod/FreakFortress2.cfg and disabling of pugin.
- Added rage_overlay.ff2 and special_noanims.ff2 sub-plugins.
What's abilities contains this plugins? Read commentaries of sources.
- Fixed bug about Seeman's companion.
- Boss' health is divided by 3.6 in medieval mode
- Restoring player's default class, after his round as a Boss
- Added !ff2_resetqueuepoints command (also there is admin version)
- Medic is credited 100% of damage done during ubercharge
- If map changes mid-round, queue points are not lost.
- Dead Ringer will not be able to be activated for 2 seconds after backstab
- Added ff2_spec_force_boss cvar