Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    Unapprover:
    Reason for Unapproving:
    Not a plugin, no file attached, author banned
    Old 04-05-2012 , 15:36   [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #1

[L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Remove the annoying SI Limit on Left 4 Dead 2.
    Author(s): Marcus101RR, DDR Khat

[IMG]http://img205.**************/img205/4718/l4dsilimitremover.png[/IMG]
    MCK Productions Plugins
    [Survivor Health & Armor | Survivor Upgrades Reloaded | Human Director Reloaded | SI Limit Remover]

Game Type: Left 4 Dead 2
    Game Version: 2.1.0.2
    Plugin Version: 1.0
    Difficulty: ★★★★☆

NOTICE
    [I]Initial Version Public Release was on April 5th, 2012.

Servers Using This Plugin
    No Servers Available

Introduction
    SI Limit Remover brings back the original Director System from Left 4 Dead. In the earlier version of Left 4 Dead, Infected Spawns would be increased to any amount depending on the server configurations. Valve initiated a Network Overhaul to Left 4 Dead 2 and thus, A SI Limiter, to prevent massive latency on servers for massive activity and Processor usage. However, not much has changed over the years from Left 4 Dead to Left 4 Dead 2. There are no problems showing servers cannot handle more SI on the battlefield. This Modication returns the feature.

Plugin or Modification
    Though this is not a Plugin (SMX, AMX, or SP) file that belongs or functions with SourceMod, this Modication still doesn't work properly without the usage of Super Versus 1.6, & Human Director Reloaded, a customized version that features multiple plugins including: Tank HP Set, Team Panels, On-Join Bot Creator, & Flexible SI Control. Without this modification, SI would be completely controlled by Valve's original variables listed below:

Valve SI Control Variables

Recommended Plugin
    The recommended plugin to use with this Modification is Super Versus 1.6. A special version designed for this modification. This will improve SI Control Limits on your server, this plugin can be disabled to allow more players to join via its config file.

Installation
    Extract the Zip File within the Root Directory of Left 4 Dead 2 (Default: C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\left 4 dead 2). The directory is already setup within the Zip File. These files overwrite the script files located within the VPK file of that specific folder. Also, they do not overwrite the actual files, only the sequence of loading. This means, the modified *.nut files will be loaded first before the original Valve versions. To remove the modification, simply delete the files from that location.

Video, Screenshots, & Visuals
    [IMG]http://desmond.**************/Himg27/scaled.php?server=27&filename=screenshot1pvq. png&res=gal[/IMG] [IMG]http://desmond.**************/Himg856/scaled.php?server=856&filename=screenshot2bc. png&res=gal[/IMG]

Frequently Asked Questions & Solutions
    Q: Can I remove/disable certain SI from spawning?
    A: Yes, use the variables above and set it to 0 to prevent a specific SI from spawning within your server permanently.

Q: Isn't this the same as Hard Eight?
    A: No, Hard Eight is a mutation. It modifies the amount of infected only for the Mutation itself, Coop and Mutation are two different gamemodes and act separately from themselves. The Variables are unaffected in Mutation "Hard Eight", as they are stored within the gamemode.txt file. This essentially brings Hard Eight to Coop mode, however, the server owner can control everything from spawn amounts to spawn times.

Q: Does this affect Versus Mode?
    A: No, Versus Mode and related Modes use different variables to control SI Limits. If you wish to use higher Versus Mode limits, you must use Super Versus. You do not need this modification to increase SI Limit for Versus.

Q: This isn't a plugin, why is it here?
    A: Correct, it is not a plugin, however, it depends on a plugin in order to use the full effect of its resources. This increases and removes the limiter from Left 4 Dead 2, however, you will still need Super Versus 1.6, or related plugins to force the initial Infected Limit amount for your server.

Q: What if I want only 4 infected, and random amounts of SI Classes?
    A: Using z_hunter_limit, and z_smoker_limit as an example. Setting both of these to 4, along with the maximum infected allowed on the field using "z_max_players_zombies" will allow you to do this. The Director will utilize 16 maximum combinations of infected, however, no more than 4 infected will appear, of those, only a maximum of 4 hunters or smokers can appear at once.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip vscripts.zip (770 Bytes, 1142 views)

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 03-05-2015 at 12:50.
    Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
    el_psycho
    Old 04-07-2012 , 00:19   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #2

Can I use this with multislots? if not, do you know if it's safe to have both superversus and multislots? such that superversus is just there for this modification to use?
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-07-2012 , 00:24   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
    Originally Posted by el_psycho View Post
    Can I use this with multislots? if not, do you know if it's safe to have both superversus and multislots? such that superversus is just there for this modification to use?
    I have not tested it, but if Multislots allows you to change the infected limit to more then 2 than it should work.

Last edited by Marcus101RR; 04-07-2012 at 00:24.
    Send a message via AIM to Marcus101RR Send a message via Skype™ to Marcus101RR
    el_psycho
    Old 04-14-2012 , 00:36   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #4

Hi Marcus. I'd like to report that multislots does not work with your modification. the modification works quite well but multislots doesn't work to limit the number of infected. I guess there is a IsFakeClient check somewhere. Would it be possible for you to strip the superversus plugin of everything else and just leave the infected limit handling for those of us that use plugins that don't handle non-human players?

Thanks.

Last edited by el_psycho; 04-14-2012 at 00:36.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-14-2012 , 02:51   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Hi Marcus. I'd like to report that multislots does not work with your modification. the modification works quite well but multislots doesn't work to limit the number of infected. I guess there is a IsFakeClient check somewhere. Would it be possible for you to strip the superversus plugin of everything else and just leave the infected limit handling for those of us that use plugins that don't handle non-human players?

Thanks.
    i'm a bit confused on what you mean? SI Limiter should work to whatever limit you want it to be. But for Humans/Non Humans limit increases, you need superversus or another plugin that handles "z_max_player_zombies" for you.

I know your english isn't good, any way you could try to explain this better to my understanding?
    1. Did you want me to remove the "Auto-Spawn Infected" for Versus that replace non-human players?
    2. Did you want me to remove the infected limiter?
    Old 04-14-2012 , 07:51   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
    i'm a bit confused on what you mean? SI Limiter should work to whatever limit you want it to be. But for Humans/Non Humans limit increases, you need superversus or another plugin that handles "z_max_player_zombies" for you.

I know your english isn't good, any way you could try to explain this better to my understanding?
    1. Did you want me to remove the "Auto-Spawn Infected" for Versus that replace non-human players?
    2. Did you want me to remove the infected limiter?
    Sorry if i didn't express myself in the best way. I fail at trying to be concise
    What i meant is that i get about 8 special infected spawning every time, even when i set the multislots cvar l4d_multislots_max_infected to 5. My guess is it only deals with human players.
    My request was to have the superversus version you modified stripped of all other features leaving only a cvar to limit how many special infected are allowed to spawned at the same time, so that there is no conflict with multislots. But maybe you can come up with a better solution.

Thanks.

Last edited by el_psycho; 04-14-2012 at 07:52.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-14-2012 , 14:39   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Sorry if i didn't express myself in the best way. I fail at trying to be concise
    What i meant is that i get about 8 special infected spawning every time, even when i set the multislots cvar l4d_multislots_max_infected to 5. My guess is it only deals with human players.
    My request was to have the superversus version you modified stripped of all other features leaving only a cvar to limit how many special infected are allowed to spawned at the same time, so that there is no conflict with multislots. But maybe you can come up with a better solution.

Thanks.
    I see what you are talking about. This issue seems to be a problem with non-human players only. Changing the Infected Limit from plugins like: superversus, or multislot will not affect non-human players (unless Versus).

Locate and Edit this line:

MaxSpecials

In the Nut files. Change the number to how many infected you want to have on the field. This will limit SI from overlapping the maximum amount. Currently, the value is 8. No more than 8 SI will spawn. That should fix your problem.
    Old 04-27-2012 , 09:12   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #8

Hi
    Nice script you made.
    I'm wondering if there is a way to change how many tanks for the ai director to spawn each level?
    thetwistedpanda
    Good Little Panda
    Old 04-27-2012 , 09:33   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #9

The author is banned, he won't be replying any time soon. .
    Old 04-28-2012 , 11:08   Re: [L4D2] SI Limit Remover
    Reply With Quote #10

I see..
    By the way this si limit remover is the best method I prefer to spawn more SI,
    Any other plugins like Infected bots or Auto infected spawner will cause unnatural events.
    For example I always notice the SI spawn roaring being cut off.