Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
General Purpose
Plugin Game:
Left 4 Dead
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    This will give you all 8 survivors in your versus games. Francis will change into a Bill "model" to prevent crashing on windows servers.
    Old 04-04-2012 , 05:50   [L4D2] All 8 Survivors
    Reply With Quote #1

All credit for this plugin goes to Atomic Stryker. If anyone wants to use this code and modify this plugin, be my guest. Atomic Stryker will not support this plugin and neither will I. I'm just sharing this so others can use it.

This will give you all 8 survivors in your versus games for 8vs8 servers.

Windows version has 7 survivors with voice, arms, and icons + Bills as model only.

Linux version has the true all 8 survivors with voice, arms, and icons.

Bugs:
    Weapons in incorrect positions (this can be fixed by picking up a new weapon)

Update #1: Fixed problem with having triplets

Update #2: Changed all survivors to clones except for Bill who is a model.

Update #3: Added Linux version!
    Attached Files
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (allsurvivorsmod.sp - 18465 views - 4.9 KB)
    File Type: sp Get Plugin or Get Source (allsurvivorsmod_linux.sp - 6651 views - 4.9 KB)

Last edited by Chronic1; 04-23-2012 at 17:11.
    Sev
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 08:13   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #2

Doesn't work as intended.

At least with Superversus.

Of the 8 survivors. It gives you often 3 duplicates of the same model and none of others.

3 Zoey's
    3 Rochelle's
    etc

All 8 survivor wasn't finished in the original thread. I don't expect it here either. No offense to the creators. Just that nobody is devoted to make this work properly anymore.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 08:20   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #3

The actual source code is small, plus, we have CSM? Why do we need this then? If you aren't gonna support it, or use it. Models don't crash the game. CSM can be turned on to only MODELS which would function the same way as you intend to here. We need "Graveyards" server version of this, which works without crashes, fixes bills bug, removes horde bug, and more.
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 08:24   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #4

Unfortunately through some detective work.

It was discovered that graveyard runs L4D2 on linux and linux is the secret to Bill.

Bill doesn't crash on linux whatsoever. Windows on the other hand is the problem.

I've thought lately that forcing the L4D1 survivor set on all maps then figuring out a way to make the L4D2 survivors talk in survivor set 1 would be the ultimate way to make all 8 survivors work just fine. So far either nobody has really worked on survivor set 1 or it can't be done.

Rochellecrab did get survivor set 2 to work for the L4D2 survivors but it still features the Bill problem. Survivor Set 1 with a Bill that works along with getting the L4D2 survivors to vocalize seems the most logical solution now. Especially since they still vocalize for health items, throwables, etc.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 08:29   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    Unfortunately through some detective work.

It was discovered that graveyard runs L4D2 on linux and linux is the secret to Bill.

Bill doesn't crash on linux whatsoever. Windows on the other hand is the problem.

I've thought lately that forcing the L4D1 survivor set on all maps then figuring out a way to make the L4D2 survivors talk in survivor set 1 would be the ultimate way to make all 8 survivors work just fine. So far either nobody has really worked on survivor set 1 or it can't be done.

Rochellecrab did get survivor set 2 to work for the L4D2 survivors but it still features the Bill problem. Survivor Set 1 with a Bill that works along with getting the L4D2 survivors to vocalize seems the most logical solution now. Especially since they still vocalize for health items, throwables, etc.
    I run Windows Server, don't think its Linux. If you type sm plugins list, you will see he is not using CSM, he is using a personal mod. He defintely fixed the issue with bill and made it work properly. In addition, He is not using Rochellecrab's mod, its not listed under Meta list.

I'm certain this is not the case. Also, I ran windows, and still am. Using Rochellecrab and 8 survivors mod, and CSM (I think mine is modded to fix a minor issue) works fine and has not crashes ever. Bill works, but his hud flashes like crazy around infected. Which is the only real issue.

As for the rest, it works fine. The only issue is Hordes sometimes don't appear, and infected cease to exist on an entire map sometimes.
    SourceMod Donor
    Old 04-04-2012 , 14:24   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #6

I am currently using this on my server along with !csm model changing only. It is a very simple version compared to what the REAL mod was intended to do. Sorry for maybe misleading you.

I just wish it would stop making triplets and give me all 8 as Sev explained. Atomic says its not this plugin causing the problem because of the way he created it to make all "different" models.
    The first map of a campaign is when it really works for me. Then, the next maps I get triplets.

I am using left12dead to spawn my 4 extra survivor bots. The delay is set to 0 seconds which fixes a lot of the gun position bugs.

Most players just want to see their custom models and don't care about the voice. Except for those vocalize spammers. God i hate them. lol

Last edited by Chronic1; 04-04-2012 at 15:43.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 16:29   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chronic1 View Post
    I am currently using this on my server along with !csm model changing only. It is a very simple version compared to what the REAL mod was intended to do. Sorry for maybe misleading you.

I just wish it would stop making triplets and give me all 8 as Sev explained. Atomic says its not this plugin causing the problem because of the way he created it to make all "different" models.
    The first map of a campaign is when it really works for me. Then, the next maps I get triplets.

I am using left12dead to spawn my 4 extra survivor bots. The delay is set to 0 seconds which fixes a lot of the gun position bugs.

Most players just want to see their custom models and don't care about the voice. Except for those vocalize spammers. God i hate them. lol
    The best way to fix the triplets is to use a FOR loop and get all survivors and cycle through the model list. If the model already exists as a bot, create a new model. Also will require a variable to save the clients model on load.
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 19:34   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #8

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
    I run Windows Server, don't think its Linux. If you type sm plugins list, you will see he is not using CSM, he is using a personal mod. He defintely fixed the issue with bill and made it work properly. In addition, He is not using Rochellecrab's mod, its not listed under Meta list.

I'm certain this is not the case. Also, I ran windows, and still am. Using Rochellecrab and 8 survivors mod, and CSM (I think mine is modded to fix a minor issue) works fine and has not crashes ever. Bill works, but his hud flashes like crazy around infected. Which is the only real issue.

As for the rest, it works fine. The only issue is Hordes sometimes don't appear, and infected cease to exist on an entire map sometimes.
    To be fair. I got this info from Mr. Zero and I dunno if he knows for sure that graveyard is running linux but he did have some testing done on Bill with Linux and Linux doesn't crash Bill whatsoever.

So either alphabetax is running a custom Bill on graveyard with windows or he is running linux.

To the rochellecrab point. You are correct.

For whatever season alphabeta never updated to rochellecrab's version to allow voice/model on all campaigns. If he did, his server would offer the perfect all 8 survivor.

Last edited by Sev; 04-04-2012 at 19:36.
    Marcus101RR
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 19:45   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Sev View Post
    To be fair. I got this info from Mr. Zero and I dunno if he knows for sure that graveyard is running linux but he did have some testing done on Bill with Linux and Linux doesn't crash Bill whatsoever.

So either alphabetax is running a custom Bill on graveyard with windows or he is running linux.

To the rochellecrab point. You are correct.

For whatever season alphabeta never updated to rochellecrab's version to allow voice/model on all campaigns. If he did, his server would offer the perfect all 8 survivor.
    I have windows, and I never experienced crashes even without Alphabeta's version. I'm sure that Alpha is not using Left 4 downtown version of rochellecrab, I checked to make sure. He also isn't using default CSM either. He is, 100% sure, using a personal version. I was on the server, and played as bill with no glitches or errrors whatsoever. Whatever he found, he did it, and It would great if everyone else can get their hands on it. But, I only want it to fix the horde glitch and the bill flashing glitch
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-04-2012 , 19:55   Re: [L4D2] All 8 Survivors (Models Only)
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Marcus101RR View Post
    I have windows, and I never experienced crashes even without Alphabeta's version. I'm sure that Alpha is not using Left 4 downtown version of rochellecrab, I checked to make sure. He also isn't using default CSM either. He is, 100% sure, using a personal version. I was on the server, and played as bill with no glitches or errrors whatsoever. Whatever he found, he did it, and It would great if everyone else can get their hands on it. But, I only want it to fix the horde glitch and the bill flashing glitch
    Which is why I think survivor set 1 is the answer in the short term.

Find a way to make the L4D2 survivors speak in survivor set 1 and that would allow both sets voice and model no crash.