Plugin Version:
Plugin Category:
Server Management
Plugin Game:
Team Fortress 2
Plugin Dependencies:
    Servers with this Plugin:

Plugin Description:
    When a player caps, a vote is created asking if the capture was justifiable. If they vote no, the player(s) is/are slayed.
    Old 04-02-2012 , 20:30   [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #1

Every had someone cap on an arena or VSH server you are on, and there was no reason for it? Well this is the plugin for you.

This simple plugin detects when someone caps and then responds with a vote the next round. If the players deem the capture unjustified, they are slayed that round. I added some natives so if you have a plugin or you would like to edit one to conform to this one, you are able to. I am relatively new to Sourcepawn, only been coding for about less than 2 weeks. Any tips would be appreciated. I couldn't get the capture events to work correctly, so I had to more or less, make my own. If anyone knows how I can fix this, please tell me.

[INFO]

Updates coming soon!

CVars:
    sm_slay_cap_enabled (def: 1)

Includes:
    #include slaycap

Natives:
    bool SlayCapVoteStarting()
    bool SlayCapVoteInProgress()

Changelog:
    Quote:
    [4/2/12] SlayCap 0.8 public released
    Refined code.
    Refined checking system.
    Fixed slay bug.
    Fixed bug where players would be added but not removed.
    Changed chat to all.
    Changed array to bool values.
    Made vote only available to those who did not cap.
    Added chat notifications.
    Added CVar for easily enabling/disabling.
    Added natives.
    Added notes for editors/new "modders".

[4/1/12] SlayCap alpha created.
    Added custom vote system.
    Added hooks necessary for plugin.
    Created rough plugin code.
    Attached Files
    File Type: zip slaycap.zip (11.3 KB, 433 views)
    Unreal1
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-02-2012 , 20:35   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #2

Sounds cool
    ReFlexPoison
    ☠☠☠
    Old 04-02-2012 , 21:40   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #3

interestin
    Powerlord
    AlliedModders Donor
    Old 04-03-2012 , 09:59   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #4

For standard arena, a better idea would be for the other team to stop the cap. The point isn't exactly instant-cap.

Vs. Saxton Hale is a bit trickier. Assuming you leave the settings on their defaults, the cap doesn't unlock until it's 6v1. It's mainly there for Hale to cap if the remaining players insist on hiding from him. In theory, a lone player who knows he won't win could try to cap, but I really can't see that working because the cap doesn't cap that quickly.

tl;dr there's a reason Hale has a 3x cap rate.
    Old 04-03-2012 , 12:52   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Powerlord View Post
    For standard arena, a better idea would be for the other team to stop the cap. The point isn't exactly instant-cap.

Vs. Saxton Hale is a bit trickier. Assuming you leave the settings on their defaults, the cap doesn't unlock until it's 6v1. It's mainly there for Hale to cap if the remaining players insist on hiding from him. In theory, a lone player who knows he won't win could try to cap, but I really can't see that working because the cap doesn't cap that quickly.

tl;dr there's a reason Hale has a 3x cap rate.
    But...but then you can't get called a Hale noob when you attempt to draw the hiding players from their hiding spots.
    ReFlexPoison
    ☠☠☠
    Old 04-03-2012 , 14:39   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
    Originally Posted by FunkyLoveCow View Post
    But...but then you can't get called a Hale noob when you attempt to draw the hiding players from their hiding spots.
    Agreed, this plugin would be good mainly for high populated servers. Most clan servers like skial and intox would be able to determine if it was a "noob cap" (The vote wouldn't pass). Now if this were added on a server where several 10 year olds play I would see a problem...
    napalm00
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-03-2012 , 14:55   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
    Originally Posted by ReFlexPoison View Post
    Agreed, this plugin would be good mainly for high populated servers. Most clan servers like skial and intox would be able to determine if it was a "noob cap" (The vote wouldn't pass). Now if this were added on a server where several 10 year olds play I would see a problem...
    I can tell you I never added anything to my server to punish Hales for capping nor for playing around with friendlies, VSH is a fun mod and must remain fun. Of course if the Hale is simply derping around and wasting time/capping without a reason an admin will be there to punish them. Imo there is no way to detect if a capture was unfair, nor putting a "round timer" solves the problem: that is just the way it is, you will find pro hales that destroy everything in 1 minute or the nooby/derpy ones that waste 2-3 minutes playing with hoovies and such.

Last edited by napalm00; 04-03-2012 at 14:55.
    Blue Kirby
    Old 04-03-2012 , 15:19   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #8

The point of the plugin isn't to punish players for capping. It's to punish people trying to ruin the round by capping or when Free 2 Plays join and cap for no reason. This happens quite often on my server, and when I'm not there, I want the players to be able to do something. If a Hale is hiding and won't come out, then I say it's alright to cap. But when a Hale is fighting and they are air blasting him away and they cap, something should be done. This way the players only cap when they need to, or face the consequences. If you don't like it, don't download it. I don't care at all. No one is forcing you to download this and install it. This is for people who want it on their server and for people who are new to coding, so they can see a simple plugin. I added notes on almost everything for just that reason. On a side note, not sure if everyone got the whole concept. The plugin makes a vote then slays; it doesn't just slay people.

my plugins
    napalm00
    Veteran Member
    Old 04-03-2012 , 16:23   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Blue Kirby View Post
    The point of the plugin isn't to punish players for capping. It's to punish people trying to ruin the round by capping or when Free 2 Plays join and cap for no reason. This happens quite often on my server, and when I'm not there, I want the players to be able to do something. If a Hale is hiding and won't come out, then I say it's alright to cap. But when a Hale is fighting and they are air blasting him away and they cap, something should be done. This way the players only cap when they need to, or face the consequences. If you don't like it, don't download it. I don't care at all. No one is forcing you to download this and install it. This is for people who want it on their server and for people who are new to coding, so they can see a simple plugin. I added notes on almost everything for just that reason. On a side note, not sure if everyone got the whole concept. The plugin makes a vote then slays; it doesn't just slay people.
    Nyeh calm down mate, I didn't say your plugin is bad or anything, I simply expressed my point of view on the general punishing idea in reply to what ReflexPoison said about popular servers, hence the "Imo".
    Old 04-03-2012 , 16:43   Re: [TF2][Arena/VSH](Vote) SlayCap v0.8
    Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
    Originally Posted by napalm00 View Post
    Nyeh calm down mate, I didn't say your plugin is bad or anything, I simply expressed my point of view on the general punishing idea in reply to what ReflexPoison said about popular servers, hence the "Imo".
    It wasn't directed towards you; it was directed to everyone. I never directly addressed anyone in my reply.

my plugins