Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS

Post New Thread Reply   

micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-22-2011 , 03:34   [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all,

I am willing to pay for this:
I just want a plugin, that forces different groups of Admins to use different Clan Tags in their name.
For example: I define a group of Admins with certain rights, they have to wear a special clantag.
Maybe a whitelist can be also included, where I can certain different SteamIDS different Clantags

For example

Code:
admin_groups.cfg

{
	"clanmember"
	{
		"flags"	"abcdefghijklm"
		"immunity" "50"

}
            "VIP"
            {
                      "flags"  "abfk"      //something do not know the flags now ^^
                       "immunity"  "25"
            }
}
And now the Taggingplugin:

Code:
clantag.cfg

Tags
{
   "clanmember"
    {
         "tag"  "[TAG]"
         "pos"  "1"            //something like 1 is before and 0 is after the name

}
    "VIP"
    {
         "tag" "[VIP]"
         "pos"  "0"
     }
}
And Whitelist is like:
Code:
STEAM:1_0_blabalaal1123      // this steamid is allowed to choose his clantag by itself
I think this would be nice for all of this clanmember who are to lazy to put the tag into their name, because they are playing so many games. Some of my members are playin other games then dods like fof and our clantag would disturb, so they do not wear it. But I want them to wear it so I came up with this idea a long time ago. Now Antithasys wrote this, what I am looking for, but it isn't working on DODS

Please help me

Last edited by micazoid; 10-21-2011 at 18:21.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 09-26-2011 , 05:13   Re: [Paid]Different Clantags for Different Admingroups
Reply With Quote #2

Due to interest in this request I am willing to pay for this plugin
Old 10-21-2011 , 18:13   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #3

BUMP

Edited first post

delete this post mighty mighty Admin

Last edited by micazoid; 10-21-2011 at 18:19.
Bloodlvst
Old 10-21-2011 , 18:20   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by micazoid View Post
BUMP

delete this post mighty mighty Admin
Did you find a solution?

If you didn't, checked out Antithasys' Simple Chat Colors plugin.

It pretty much does exactly what you're asking for, and even lets you add some colours. ;)
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 10-21-2011 , 18:39   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
If you didn't, checked out Antithasys' Simple Chat Colors plugin.

It pretty much does exactly what you're asking for, and even lets you add some colours. ;)
No it doesn't

Tried this, and it doesn't add tags to the name, displayed on the scoreboard. Maybe I wasnt concrete enough about htis. Sorry.

I want the tag added to the name on the scoreboard like the functionality of the Clantag reserved Module of TMS does, but just for different groups of admins, and a whitelist included.

My english is not the best (As you didnt know XD )
Maybe I am missing this in my description ^^

For Example:
A clanmemeber named "Test1" comes to server, is named "CLANTAGmember Test1" ingame on the scoreboard because of his status I have set in my admin.cfg.
A VIP named VIPtest1 comes to server, is named "CLANTAGvip VIPtest1" ingame on the scoreboard because of his status I have set in my admin.cfg.
And a Clanmember called "somethingspecial" gets the clantag "ASPECIALCLANTAGBECAUSEHECANSETHISONHISSE LF somethingspecial" because he is on a whitelist.

I do not know, if I made myself clear enough now ^^

Sorry for my bad english
Old 10-21-2011 , 18:48   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #6

It's been a few years since that plugin was released. To my knowledge in one of the updates since then you cannot exec commands on clients, which I think would effectively make this impossible. Because clantags are set by group, you'd have to have 3 different steam groups for your clan, and then this plugin would have to force the person to wear the tag associated with that steam group. I don't believe what you're asking is possible unfortunately.

I could be wrong though, since I don't play DoDS, I'm not sure if the updates I am thinking of affected DoDS or just CSS.

Last edited by Bloodlvst; 10-21-2011 at 18:49.
micazoid
Veteran Member
Old 10-22-2011 , 05:42   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #7

Names are set via Steamfriends, but sm_rename is working since mapchange.

And it is possible to add Clantags.

This one does this, but only one Tag for all Admins. There is not a differnce between different Adminflags, and Groups. So it came to my mind to "expand" its functionality

Quote:
From the Post of Feuersturm

* ClanTag Protection Addon (addon_dodtms_clantagprotect.sp/.smx)
protect your clantag from being abused by public players
choose to rename, kick or even ban offenders
ability to force clantag usage on clanmembers
Old 10-27-2011 , 00:25   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #8

I suppose I could do something like this, but it'd just slap your tag at the beginning of the person's name. So if you wanted [ALMIGHTY ADMIN] added to their name, my name would look like [ALMIGHTY ADMIN] [GoR] Dr. McKay.

This work for you?
Old 10-27-2011 , 07:46   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #9

That is Perfect.

This would push the whole VIPsystem forward for miles

Removing other clantags would make this a mess I think, and this isn't needed at all bacause:

- VIPs can be from other clans too
- Clanmembers, which are forced to wear a tag, do not have a tag at all
- I cant see the use of removing tags at all ^^ (example the guy called =[SUPERGUEST]= will loose his whole name XD )

The only thing that really is important here:
I am using different admin_groups and want be able to give this different groups different Tags. And maybe I will use groups with different names, but the same flags (DUNNO if this is possible XD ), is it possible to set the tags by Groupname?

Did I made myself clear, or is my english to confusing? Please tell and I will try to explain in other words XD

Last edited by micazoid; 10-27-2011 at 07:53.
Dr. McKay
Sir Dr. SourceMod Plugin Approver Esq. Ltd. M.D. PhD
Old 10-27-2011 , 12:57   Re: [PAID REQ] Different Clantags for Different Admingroups in DODS
Reply With Quote #10

I don't know about using admin groups, but I could make one that uses a keyvalue config file containing Steam IDs, groups, and tags.