Last updated: November 6, 2014
Special thanks to McFlurry and CrimsonGT.
I learned a lot from their plugins, Vote Manager 3 and Vote Guard.
Click the logo above to join the steam group!
Our servers needed a simple plugin that wasn't over the top and would be able to block certain votes to stop griefers, so I started working on this.
I expanded on the idea and added vote-kick immunity to replace an older plugin we were using.
Admins with the ban flag can also use sm_veto and sm_pass for votes currently taking place.
- Optional auto-updating! Please install the cURL extension and Updater plugin!
- Block players from calling whichever votes you want.
- Block spectators from calling votes (admins with the ban flag bypass this).
- Gives vote-kick immunity to players with the reservation flag (also immunity for tanks, if desired).
- Option to enable/disable any of the above features
- Admins can bypass blocked votes
- Logs blocked votes to vb_log.txt in sourcemod/logs
- Allows admins to sm_veto or sm_pass a vote currently taking place
- Respects immunity levels for admins
They're self-explanatory so I won't go into much detail. Check the autoconfig file for an explanation of each cvar.
You can edit VoteBlocker.cfg in left4dead2/cfg/sourcemod to permanently change these cvars (after the plugin is run once).
0 - Enable this feature, 1 - Disable this feature
- vb_enable (Default 1)
- vb_log (Default 0)
- vb_respectimmunity (Default 1)
- vb_adminimmunity (Default 1)
- vb_tankimmunity (Default 0)
0 - Allow this type of vote, x - Only clients that match one or more of these flags can call this vote (more than one flag is not necessary, use z to completely lock out the vote except for admins with root access)
- vb_spectatorvote (Default b)
- vb_kick (Default 0)
- vb_returntolobby (Default b)
- vb_changealltalk (Default b)
- vb_restartchapter (Default 0)
- vb_changemission (Default 0)
- vb_changechapter (Default 0)
- vb_changedifficulty (Default 0)
0 - Disable blocked vote limit for clients, n - Maximum number of blocked votes per client per map before they are kicked
- vb_blockcount (Default 3, kicked on third illegal vote)
- Place voteblocker.smx in your sourcemod plugins folder
- Changed some formatting
- Added comments throughout the source
- Added auto-update functionality
- Adjust admin-flag overrides directly in cvar instead of admin_overrides.cfg
- No longer lower the case of vote strings, instead making the comparison case insensitive
- Removed option to kick client when a certain vote is called as it could be abused
- Fixed issue with multiple messages being sent to admins
- Added cvar to block spectators from calling votes
- Added cvar to set maximum number of blocked votes per client per map
- More specific chat messages regarding blocked votes
- Added cvar to respect immunity levels
- Added cvar to block kicks against tanks
- Added option to block additional votes
- Added cvar to enable/disable logging
- Condensed cvars
- Limited number of blocked vote messages
- General cleaning up of code
- Added pass and veto admin commands
- Fixed bug where caller name didn't show properly
- Added config file for cvars
- Added a log of blocked votes
- Changed color scheme
- Added cvars
- Added kick immunity for admins
- Initial release.