Monthly Target: $400 Donations: $176
 44% 

[CS:S/CS:GO] Change Player's Name


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
TnTSCS
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Undisclosed...
Old 06-10-2012 , 11:55   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #11

This should be incorporated into SM for use with CS:S since the current method sm_rename fails with CS:S (and CS:GO)
__________________
View my Plugins | Donate

Last edited by TnTSCS; 06-10-2012 at 11:55.
TnTSCS is offline
TnTSCS
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Undisclosed...
Old 06-17-2012 , 16:42   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #12

This method now fails with CS:GO, unless I've done something wrong. It makes the server freak out
__________________
View my Plugins | Donate
TnTSCS is offline
sparkey
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Old 08-09-2012 , 09:56   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #13

Does not work for me either in CS:GO, player just reconnects with the same name.

Is there any solution out there to change the name in CS:GO?
sparkey is offline
Mitchell
~lick~
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SDKHook_PostThinkPost
Old 08-09-2012 , 10:00   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
Does not work for me either in CS:GO, player just reconnects with the same name.

Is there any solution out there to change the name in CS:GO?
Well ya... if he reconnects, you can permanently change his name.. I mean you could.. but not the way your doing lol
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosurdaddy972 View Post
stfu mitchell
Mitchell is offline
TnTSCS
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Undisclosed...
Old 08-09-2012 , 13:26   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #15

with CS:GO, last time I tried this, it causes the server to FTFO... player starts teleporting all over the place... I havne't tried it since 6/17 though
__________________
View my Plugins | Donate
TnTSCS is offline
sparkey
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Old 08-09-2012 , 13:40   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnTSCS View Post
with CS:GO, last time I tried this, it causes the server to FTFO... player starts teleporting all over the place... I havne't tried it since 6/17 though
The only problem i experience is that the player gets reconnected when i change the name.

Would you be so kind and take a couple of minutes of your time and please test again to see if you get the same problem?

Last edited by sparkey; 08-09-2012 at 13:40.
sparkey is offline
Mitchell
~lick~
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SDKHook_PostThinkPost
Old 08-09-2012 , 13:42   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
The only problem i experience is that the player gets reconnected when i change the name.

Would you be so kind and take a couple of minutes of your time and please test again to see if you get the same problem?
So when you execute it on him, it forces a reconnect on him?

And Tnt, that's a weird glitch for just changing his name ;)
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosurdaddy972 View Post
stfu mitchell
Mitchell is offline
sparkey
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Old 08-09-2012 , 13:49   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
So when you execute it on him, it forces a reconnect on him?

And Tnt, that's a weird glitch for just changing his name ;)
Yepp thats correct

Console shows that the name is being changed then instantly the player reconnects with the profilename.


* darkztone changed name to testing
Unknown command: clientinpconfig

Last edited by sparkey; 08-09-2012 at 13:50.
sparkey is offline
Mitchell
~lick~
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: SDKHook_PostThinkPost
Old 08-09-2012 , 13:59   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkey View Post
Yepp thats correct

Console shows that the name is being changed then instantly the player reconnects with the profilename.


* darkztone changed name to testing
Unknown command: clientinpconfig
It's probably CS:GO, they have some kinda of counter-measure to prevent name changing from the client side.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by whosurdaddy972 View Post
stfu mitchell
Mitchell is offline
sparkey
Senior Member
Join Date: May 2010
Old 08-09-2012 , 14:16   Re: [CS:S] Change Player's Name
Reply With Quote #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitchell View Post
It's probably CS:GO, they have some kinda of counter-measure to prevent name changing from the client side.
I see

So no way atm to change the playername?
sparkey is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 20:32.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2015, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode