- Read/search this post before asking questions.
- Allows the Fire Extinguisher props to be used as a weapon.
- Use the Extinguisher while incapped and refuel with gascans.
- Commands to save and position extinguishers on maps for auto spawning.
- Data config included with Extinguishers placed on every Valve map.
- Lots of cvars to customise.
Dropping and Refueling:
- Can block the USE button when equipped in hand (due to the model blocking the view, nothing can be done).
- Model not attached to weapon in first person view. Cvar to turn off the extinguisher view.
- L4D1 characters and Louis in L4D2 are missing valid weapon attachment points so the extinguisher model is not fixed to the hand in thirdperson.
- Glow color is only available in L4D2.
- Refueling is only available in L4D2.
- With the extinguisher equipped in hand, you can press the RELOAD (r) key to drop it. Also by typing !dropext in chat or sm_dropext in console.
- To refuel, drop an extinguisher and pickup a gascan. Aim at the extinguisher and hold SHOOT (mouse1), you may have to move the crosshair/yourself for it to start refueling.
- Scavenge Score Fix - Gascan Pouring - Get this plugin to prevent bugs when refueling with gascans on certain maps/gamemodes.
You can change which types are allowed by adding together the numbers to make the cvar: l4d_extinguisher_type.
This can be used to extinguish molotovs and exploding barrels, firework explosions and/or spitter acid. Set l4d_extinguisher_spray to choose which types it works on. This will also extinguish special infected from fire.
Use this to ignite all zombies, gascans, firework crates, propane and oxygen tanks.
4. Freezer Spray:
When sprayed on common infected, they will appear with a blue glow and will be slowed down, especially when shoved and falling. This will also extinguish special infected from fire.
When sprayed on survivors or special infected, they will be pushed backwards. Note: Each blast uses 25 fuel and has a timeout after using (set by l4d_extinguisher_push_time.
If you want all extinguisher types on a single extinguisher, set the cvar l4d_extinguisher_combo to anything but 0. The value sets the glow color. The following types are controlled by the keys listed.
- Flamethrower - IN_ATTACK (primary attack/mouse1 button)
- Extinguisher/Freezerspray - IN_ZOOM (sniper scope/middle mouse button)
- Blastpushback - IN_SPEED (walk/shift key) and IN_ZOOM (scope/mmb)
You can set the extinguisher to only work when players have a specific weapon in hand by setting the cvar l4d_extinguisher_weapon to the weapon entity name. For example "weapon_rifle_ak47" for the AK47. You should update the translation file (the one which is your servers default language) with the weapon name where the "Ext_WeaponName" entry is listed.
To ensure they only have extinguishers equipped when they have this weapon set the cvar l4d_extinguisher_check to 1.
If you would like the extinguisher to work when any pistol/primary weapon is equipped:
- Set the cvar l4d_extinguisher_weapon to ""
- Set the cvar l4d_extinguisher_check to 0.
Admin Commands: (requires "z" flag)
sm_dropext // Drops an equipped extinguisher. Admins usage: sm_dropext <#userid|name>. No arguments = self.
sm_giveext // Gives extinguisher. Usage: sm_giveext <1|2|3|4> (give to self, where 1=Extinguisher, 2=Flamethrower, 3=Freezerspray, 4=Blast Pushback) or <#userid|name> <type: 1|2|3|4>
sm_spawnext // Spawns an extinguisher at your crosshair location. Usage: sm_spawnext <1|2|3|4> (1=Extinguisher, 2=Flamethrower, 3=Freezerspray, 4=Blast Pushback)
sm_extwep // Gives the l4d_extinguisher_weapon to the target player(s). Usage: sm_extwep <#userid|name>. No arguments = self.
sm_extsave // Spawns a extinguisher at your crosshair and saves to config. Usage: sm_extsave <1|2|4|8> 1=Extinguisher, 2=Flamethrower, 4=Freezerspray, 8=Blast Pushback, 15=Any.
sm_extang // Set angle of extinguisher behind crosshair. Only works on sm_extsave extinguishes.
sm_extpos // Set position of extinguisher behind crosshair. Only works on sm_extsave extinguishes.
sm_extset // Save to the config the ang/pos of extinguisher behind crosshair if spawned with sm_extsave.
sm_extdel // Removes the extinguisher your crosshair is pointing at.
sm_extclear // Removes all fire extinguishers from the current map (except those equipped by players).
sm_extwipe // Removes all fire extinguisher from the current map and deletes them from the config.
sm_extlist // Display a list extinguisher positions and the number of extinguishers.
sm_extglow // Toggle to enable glow on all extinguishers to see where they are placed.
Saved to l4d_extinguisher.cfg
in your servers \cfg\sourcemod\
// 0=Plugin off, 1=Plugin on.
// 0=No break, 1=Valve default breaks when damaged, 2=Breaks and cannot be used, 3=Same as 2 but special infected can't break.
// Players must have the l4d_extinguisher_weapon to equip and use Extinguishers.
// 0=Off. Otherwise all Extinguisher functions in one. Sets the Extinguisher glow color. Three values between 0-255 separated by spaces. RGB Color255 - Red Green Blue.
l4d_extinguisher_combo "255 255 255"
// How much damage the Extinguisher does per touch when fired. Triggered according to frequency cvar.
// Flamethrower particles and glow. 0=Flame type A, 1=Flame type B, 2=Type A + Light, 3=Type B + Light.
// How often the damage trace fires, igniting entities etc.
// 0=Off, 1=Friendly fire, allow survivors to hurt each other, 2=Only hurt survivors from the Blast type.
// 0=Infinite, How much fuel each Extinguisher has. Consumption is based on how often the PreThink fires.
// 0=Glow Off. Any other value sets the range at which extinguishers glow.
// 0=Valve default. Any other value sets glow color for blast pushback.
l4d_extinguisher_glow_blast "255 255 0"
// 0=Valve default. Any other value sets glow color for extinguishers.
l4d_extinguisher_glow_extin "0 255 0"
// 0=Valve default. Any other value sets glow color for flamethrowers.
l4d_extinguisher_glow_flame "255 0 0"
// 0=Valve default. Any other value sets glow color for freezer sprays.
l4d_extinguisher_glow_spray "0 150 255"
// 0=Off, How many pre-existing extinguishers on maps can this plugin cater for.
// 0=Off, 1=Display hints from translation file, 2=Displays hints except when the Extinguisher is broken.
// 0=Off, 1=Allow the Extinguisher to be used when incapacitated.
// Maximum number of players allowed to have the Extinguisher at once.
// Turn on the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = all).
// Turn off the plugin in these game modes, separate by commas (no spaces). (Empty = none).
// (L4D2 only). Turn on the plugin in these game modes. 0=All, 1=Coop, 2=Survival, 4=Versus, 8=Scavenge. Add numbers together.
// When hit by the blast type, push players/infected by this much force.
// 0=Infinite, How much fuel to take away when using the blast pushback type.
// How long after using the blast pushback type before it can be used again.
// 0=Off, -1=All, any other value sets how many randomly auto spawn from the config.
// How far the Extinguisher can affect entities.
// 0=Off, 1=Remove extinguishers after being broken, 2=Remove when out of fuel, 3=Remove when broken or out of fuel.
// What can be extinguished with the Extinguisher type? 1=Molotovs/Barrels, 2=Firework Explosions, 4=Spitter Acid, 7=All.
// How long players have to shoot the Extinguisher type when standing in a fire before it can be removed.
// How long does it take to pick up extinguishers.
// How long after using the Extinguisher till you can use it again.
// Which types are allowed: 1=Extinguisher, 2=Flamethrower, 4=Freezer spray, 8=Blast, 15=All.
// When clients hold the Extinguisher: 0=Show it, 1=Show it and hide their weapon, 2=Show their weapon and hide the Extinguisher.
// Remove boomer vomit effect from players on the first spray. 0=Off, 1=Extinguisher, 2=Flamethrower, 4=Blast type, 7=All.
// ""=All (must set l4d_extinguisher_check to 0). Weapon entity name to replace and use for the Extinguisher.
// Extinguisher plugin version.
- Fixed the plugin not compiling on SourceMod 1.7.x
- Fixed the Extinguisher being active when using a mounted gun. - Thanks to "Herbie" for reporting.
- Removed Sort_Random work-around. This was fixed in SourceMod 1.4.7, all should update or spawning issues will occur.
- Gamedata signatures file updated. No other changes.
- Fixed the Extinguisher blocking players +USE by adding a single line of code - Thanks to "Machine".
- Fixed hurting players behind you.
- Added cvar "l4d_extinguisher_vomit" to remove the boomer vomit effect when first spraying survivors.
- Fixed the Extinguisher type not causing damage when combo cvar was set to 0.
- Fixed Louis and Zoey effects spraying in the wrong direction in L4D2.
- Added German translations - Thanks to "Dont Fear The Reaper".
- Added cvar "l4d_extinguisher_time" to control how long players have to shoot when standing in fire before removing it.
- Fixed the fires not being removed properly.
- Fixed the extinguisher not appearing after throwing held objects.
- Fixed refuel hints displaying in L4D1, refilling with gascans cannot work in L4D1.
- Small changes.
- Added cvar "l4d_extinguisher_modes_off" to control which game modes the plugin works in.
- Added cvar "l4d_extinguisher_modes_tog" same as above, but only works for L4D2.
- Changed cvar "l4d_extinguisher_hint" added options 3 and 4.
- Fixed errors the last update caused when Exintguishers were broken by things such as molotovs.
- Fixed hookevent errors in L4D1, refilling with gascans cannot work in L4D1.
- Fixed not being able to use pistols when incapped and being revived.
- Fixed the extinguisher not showing in first person view when equipped after being snared or incapped.
- Fixed a bug where deleting Extinguishers would also delete "type" entries.
- Made it easier to extinguish fires by increasing the range which is detected.
- Optimized the plugin by only creating PreThink hooks when Extinguishers/Gascans are equipped.
- Optimized the plugin by not detecting the creation of prop_physics models.
- Stopped setting freezerspray glow on common infected which already have a glow enabled.
- Fixed players getting stuck when an Extinguisher is broken and they are picking it up.
- Added Extinguishers to these maps: Crash Course, Death Toll, Dead Air, Blood Harvest, Cold Stream.
- Added Russian translations - Thanks to "disawar1".
- Added cvar l4d_extinguisher_incap so the Extinguisher can be used when incapacitated.
- Added a new translation to notify players they can use the Extinguisher while incapped, if enabled.
- Added a new translation when the Extinguisher is empty notifying players they can refuel with gas cans.
- Fixed being able to use the Extinguisher while ridden by a jockey.
- Fixed l4d_extinguisher_max cvar, limiting how many extinguishers can be used simultaneously.
- Fixed the Extinguisher attachment position on Zoey.
- Hides the Extinguisher from a players personal view when not equipped.
- Made the translation files a requirement for the plugin to work error free.
- Removed slot cvar. Picking up Extinguishers with pistols uses that slot. Other items default to the primary slot.
- Added refueling of dropped extinguishers.
- Added new translations for the above.
- Fixed the type cvar not setting correctly when combo cvar was enabled.
- Removed bad spawns from the data config.
- Initial Release.
- Put the SDKHooks include into your \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\ folder.
- Put the colors.inc include into your \addons\sourcemod\scripting\include\ folder.
- Put the plugins .sp file into your scripting folder and compile the plugin.
- This plugin requires the SDKHooks extension, which is now part of SourceMod 1.5+ and not required as a separate download.
Updating from 1.2 or older:
- (L4D2 only) Scavenge Score Fix - Gascan Pouring - Get this plugin to prevent bugs when refueling the gascan on certain maps/gamemodes.
- Download the .zip and extract the files to their respective folders in your servers \addons\sourcemod\ folder.
Updating from 1.6 or older:
- You must download and update with the new translation files.
- New cvars have been added: use the Cvar Configs Updater, or delete the old cvars config or manually add them.
: English (en), Chinese (chi), Chinese Traditional (zho), Danish (da), German (de), Russian (ru), Spanish (es).
Last edited by Silvers; 11-14-2015 at 06:33.