Raised This Month: $32 Target: $400
 8% 

[CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)

Post New Thread Reply   

Suckah
Old 07-21-2012 , 12:47   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #851

I'm very happy with this plugin and I wouldn't trade it for the world, however I have a small feature request!
A safety dialogue for resetting your rank (simple Yes/No). I'm getting a lot of reports of accidental resets this way, since resetting now is just one miss-click away.
EDIT: Now that I think of it, could you also exclude spectators from the required people to start ranking? Or if there would be a reason to have spectators count towards that number, maybe an option for that?

Thanks!

Last edited by Suckah; 07-21-2012 at 15:42.
timort
Old 07-21-2012 , 21:05   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #852

Can you add on the website interface "played time" ?
Because i have to check on every player to see the time.
Sevi_FyA
Old 07-22-2012 , 03:53   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #853

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevi_FyA View Post
L 07/20/2012 - 17:165: [SM] Plugin encountered error 25: Call was aborted
L 07/20/2012 - 17:165: [SM] Native "SetFailState" reported: [RankMe] Unable to connect to the database (unable to open database file)
L 07/20/2012 - 17:165: [SM] Displaying call stack trace for plugin "rankme.smx":
L 07/20/2012 - 17:165: [SM] [0] Line 361, C:\rankme\code\scripting\rankme.sp:B_Connec t()
L 07/20/2012 - 17:165: [SM] [1] Line 387, C:\rankme\code\scripting\rankme.sp::OnConfigs Executed()

Why ? help me please
solved

lokizito
Veteran Member
Old 07-22-2012 , 21:39   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #854

Quote:
Originally Posted by natino View Post
In the old cs 1.6, there was a chart that showed the ranks in top 15 or above. How can I get the chart thing to display stats and more categories and more players?

It's just a menu right now
Back then, the Menu API almost didn't existed. If you remember it was plain text written in the screen, and actually they weren't exactly menus, they were panels and the key pressed were hooked as far as i remember. The chart showed was just a web page (a html file) being generated and shown in the motd. This can still be done, either by showing the already existing web interface or making some code to generate one and show it in the MOTD. I won't add it, because i think that for more stats you can simply show the web interface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suckah View Post
I'm very happy with this plugin and I wouldn't trade it for the world, however I have a small feature request!
A safety dialogue for resetting your rank (simple Yes/No). I'm getting a lot of reports of accidental resets this way, since resetting now is just one miss-click away.
EDIT: Now that I think of it, could you also exclude spectators from the required people to start ranking? Or if there would be a reason to have spectators count towards that number, maybe an option for that?
Thanks!
Thank you for the suggestions. Never thought about the safety dialogue. And wasn't thinking also about not counting the spectators. That makes a lot of sense. I'm going to add both ideas. I think i will add a CVar for turning on or off the spectators counting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by timort View Post
Can you add on the website interface "played time" ?
Because i have to check on every player to see the time.
That is pretty simple, just edit the webinterface php file.
Add after:
Code:
<?php
This:
Code:
function secondsToTime($seconds)
{
    // extract hours
    $hours = floor($seconds / (60 * 60));

// extract minutes
    $divisor_for_minutes = $seconds % (60 * 60);
    $minutes = floor($divisor_for_minutes / 60);

// extract the remaining seconds
    $divisor_for_seconds = $divisor_for_minutes % 60;
    $seconds = ceil($divisor_for_seconds);

// return the final array
    $obj = array(
        "h" => (int) $hours,
        "m" => (int) $minutes,
        "s" => (int) $seconds,
    );
	$time = $obj['h'] . " hours, " . $obj['m'] . " minutes, " . $obj['s'] . " seconds";
    return $time;
}
Replace:
Code:
echo "<table id='table1'><tr><th>POSITION</th><th>NAME</th><th>STEAMID</th><th>SCORE</th><th>KDR</th><th>HEADSHOTS</th><th>ACCURACY</th></td>";
by:
Code:
echo "<table id='table1'><tr><th>POSITION</th><th>NAME</th><th>STEAMID</th><th>SCORE</th><th>KDR</th><th>HEADSHOTS</th><th>ACCURACY</th><th>TIME CONNECTED</th></td>";
and replace
Code:
echo "</td><td>{$row['headshots']}</td><td>" . $accuracy . "</td></tr>";
by:
Code:
echo "</td><td>{$row['headshots']}</td><td>" . $accuracy . "</td><td>" . secondsToTime($row['connected']) . "</td></tr>";
timort
Old 07-23-2012 , 06:50   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #855

ok thanks, i try ;)
Edit: it work. And what about something when i clic on time played, there is a ascending/descending rank ?
That could be very nice but probably hard ?

Last edited by timort; 07-23-2012 at 07:01.
myTh
Old 07-23-2012 , 08:32   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #856

Loki could you check your private messages? I sent something to you.
Old 07-29-2012 , 15:49   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #857

Polish Translation Update
- Added missing translation Deaths
- Added missing translation ResetMyRank

And I have a small question lokizito
Are you planning to support CSGO?
The plugin is really great ^ _ ^ and it was nice to see versions for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Attached Files
File Type: txt rankme.phrases.txt (5.3 KB, 218 views)
VJScope
Old 07-29-2012 , 19:30   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #858

In my server players prefer objectives (bomb, hostages, vip etc.) over mindless killing. I don't have enough skills to create or modify plugins like rankme. Ranks will be reset once in a month so this would be great version for that. Max amount of players 30. So I'm looking for advices or maybe a new version.

Here's my idea:

- Every new player gets 1000 points at start.
* At cs_ maps T's get 1 point for killing an enemy. If CT kills enemy he loses 1 point
* If CT's rescue a hostage, the rescuer gets 5 points and the team gets 2 points from each hostage

* At de_ maps T's lose 1 point for killing an enemy. If CT kills, he gets 1 point
* If T's plant the bomb the planter, "bomber", get's 5 points, team gets 2 points (maybe CT's lose 1-2 points?)
* If the bomb explodes, bomber gets 3 points, team gets 4 points (you really wanna defend the bomb)
* If CT's defuse the bomb (not easy because of the quick defuse), the defuser gets 6 points and team gets 2 points.

- If bomb explodes, bomber gets 14 points, team gets 6 points
- If hostages are rescued, rescuer gets 28 points, team gets 8 points

So basically if you wanna rise in ranking, then you don't want to just kill whole team all by yourself. Work as a team! As attacker you get some minuspoints forgiven if you complete objectives. At the wend of a month we see, who does these things best and who doesn't give a damn (how much under 1000 points).

Good:
Encourages to teamwork and completing missions.
Prevents camping

Bad:
If you get to choose your side, some fraggers may wanna choose defender team (in my server only few can choose their sides).

So what I'm basically asking is to be able to give minus points for killing enemies. I'm not sure but I can create map-configs much easier?

Last edited by VJScope; 07-29-2012 at 19:35. Reason: adding text
lokizito
Veteran Member
Old 07-29-2012 , 19:59   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #859

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajmon83 View Post
Polish Translation Update
- Added missing translation Deaths
- Added missing translation ResetMyRank

And I have a small question lokizito
Are you planning to support CSGO?
The plugin is really great ^ _ ^ and it was nice to see versions for Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Thannks for the translations. About CS:GO, i don't know yet, mostly because i couldn't get the beta to tryout and see if i like it for buying and also "supporting it", actually i don't know if there is sourcemod support for it. If yes then i most likely will support.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myTh View Post
Loki could you check your private messages? I sent something to you.
Sorry man, wasn't taking a look at PM or coding these days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VJScope View Post
In my server players prefer objectives (bomb, hostages, vip etc.) over mindless killing. I don't have enough skills to create or modify plugins like rankme. Ranks will be reset once in a month so this would be great version for that. Max amount of players 30. So I'm looking for advices or maybe a new version.

Here's my idea:

- Every new player gets 1000 points at start.
* At cs_ maps T's get 1 point for killing an enemy. If CT kills enemy he loses 1 point
* If CT's rescue a hostage, the rescuer gets 5 points and the team gets 2 points from each hostage

* At de_ maps T's lose 1 point for killing an enemy. If CT kills, he gets 1 point
* If T's plant the bomb the planter, "bomber", get's 5 points, team gets 2 points (maybe CT's lose 1-2 points?)
* If the bomb explodes, bomber gets 3 points, team gets 4 points (you really wanna defend the bomb)
* If CT's defuse the bomb (not easy because of the quick defuse), the defuser gets 6 points and team gets 2 points.

- If bomb explodes, bomber gets 14 points, team gets 6 points
- If hostages are rescued, rescuer gets 28 points, team gets 8 points

So basically if you wanna rise in ranking, then you don't want to just kill whole team all by yourself. Work as a team! As attacker you get some minuspoints forgiven if you complete objectives. At the wend of a month we see, who does these things best and who doesn't give a damn (how much under 1000 points).

So what I'm basically asking is to be able to give minus points for killing enemies. I'm not sure but I can create map-configs much easier?
All of this can be done with the CVars . Just create map-configs by prefixes and you can do it. The plugin allows giving negative points.
VJScope
Old 07-30-2012 , 04:32   Re: [CS:S] RankMe (Version 2.8.3 - 19 Jul 12)
Reply With Quote #860

// How many points a CT got for killing?
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
rankme_points_kill_ct "1"

// How many points a TR got for killing?
// -
// Default: "2"
// Minimum: "0.000000"
rankme_points_kill_tr "1"

It doesn't allow minus points for killing.