Raised This Month: $56 Target: $400
 14% 

Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]


Post New Thread Reply   
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Author Message
s7riktlyxd4nk
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Old 11-20-2010 , 02:34   Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #1

Can someone please give me a dummy course on how to change the message of the day and banner to show up as my clans website on the MOTD and my Clans server banner on the banner.

I am dumb and tried to understand a couple tutorials..but I need it dumbed down a little more.

Please help!
s7riktlyxd4nk is offline
Cliffhanger
SourceMod Donor
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Arizona
Old 11-21-2010 , 01:37   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #2

You just need to change the url in the "hosts.txt" and "motd.txt" found in your left4dead2 folder
__________________


Cliffhanger is offline
s7riktlyxd4nk
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Old 11-22-2010 , 22:39   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #3

To Another URL??
s7riktlyxd4nk is offline
monkman
Senior Member
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Killadelphia
Old 11-23-2010 , 01:44   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #4

you have to have it hosted on a site. if you rent a game server from from some gsp like gameservers you have a free site that comes with it or if your rent space like myself.

here is an example of my motd (click the link to see)

http://www.monksmilitia.com/1motd.html (this is in the l4d2 server motd)

here is my 1motd.html info:

<html>
<head><NOEMBED>
<BGSOUND src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/files/dmdmd.mp3">
</NOEMBED><title>Monk's Militia</title></head>
<body style="margin:0px;padding:1px;background:#000 000;">
<img src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/images/mmzombies.jpg" style="width:100%;height:100%;" />
</body>
</html>


here is a copy of my host.txt

http://www.monksmilitia.com/1host.html (this is in the l4d2 server host)

here is my 1host.html info:

<html>
<head><title>Monk's Militia</title></head>
<body style="margin:0px;padding:1px;background:#000 000;">
<img src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/images/mmzombie.jpg" style="width:100%;height:100%;" />
</body>
</html>


the host banner size is 400x80 pixel jpg. it looks crazy on the link above but works perfectly in game.

the motd banner is 800x600 jpg. again works perfect in game


i also saw your other post about intro to you l4d server. notice my motd you see a mp3 in tghere. that used to work until the scrafice update. it would play that 15 second mp3 on connect. i don't know of any working music for the left 4 deads.

wanna see what they look like then just join my server and see. it's in my sig.

Last edited by monkman; 11-23-2010 at 01:50.
monkman is offline
s7riktlyxd4nk
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Old 11-23-2010 , 02:26   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #5

ok awesome thanks for the info. Also I had one more question. I noticed on some servers that thier message of the day is their clan website. can anyone tell me how to do that?
s7riktlyxd4nk is offline
Digital_Jesus
New Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Old 11-23-2010 , 10:00   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by s7riktlyxd4nk View Post
ok awesome thanks for the info. Also I had one more question. I noticed on some servers that thier message of the day is their clan website. can anyone tell me how to do that?
Just add the website URL to the MOTD.txt file in lieu of an image.
Digital_Jesus is offline
s7riktlyxd4nk
Junior Member
Join Date: Nov 2010
Old 11-23-2010 , 20:39   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #7

ok so here is the link:

http://www.lostencounter.webs.com


can u Put that into whatever html shit u have to and Reply with it so I can just copy and paste. I am sorry I sound pretty dumb. But this FTP stuff is jus confusing the hell outta me. This way I will remember for next time.
s7riktlyxd4nk is offline
LaDyRain51501
New Member
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Iowa
Old 05-02-2012 , 12:03   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #8

What if I don't want to use our website link as the MOTD or banner but simply have it pop up from time to time like a chat saying "visit our forums http://................" how do you do that? Can anyone help?
LaDyRain51501 is offline
s.m.a.c head
Senior Member
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Liverpool
Old 06-16-2012 , 01:52   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaDyRain51501 View Post
What if I don't want to use our website link as the MOTD or banner but simply have it pop up from time to time like a chat saying "visit our forums http://................" how do you do that? Can anyone help?
there is an advertisement plugin http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?p=592536
s.m.a.c head is offline
john2090073
New Member
Join Date: Jan 2017
Old 01-26-2017 , 20:01   Re: Message of the day and banner? [l4d2]
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkman View Post
you have to have it hosted on a site. if you rent a game server from from some gsp like gameservers you have a free site that comes with it or if your rent space like myself.

here is an example of my motd (click the link to see)

http://www.monksmilitia.com/1motd.html (this is in the l4d2 server motd)

here is my 1motd.html info:

<html>
<head><NOEMBED>
<BGSOUND src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/files/dmdmd.mp3">
</NOEMBED><title>Monk's Militia</title></head>
<body style="margin:0px;padding:1px;background:#000 000;">
<img src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/images/mmzombies.jpg" style="width:100%;height:100%;" />
</body>
</html>


here is a copy of my host.txt

http://www.monksmilitia.com/1host.html (this is in the l4d2 server host)

here is my 1host.html info:

<html>
<head><title>Monk's Militia</title></head>
<body style="margin:0px;padding:1px;background:#000 000;">
<img src="http://www.monksmilitia.com/images/mmzombie.jpg" style="width:100%;height:100%;" />
</body>
</html>


the host banner size is 400x80 pixel jpg. it looks crazy on the link above but works perfectly in game.

the motd banner is 800x600 jpg. again works perfect in game


i also saw your other post about intro to you l4d server. notice my motd you see a mp3 in tghere. that used to work until the scrafice update. it would play that 15 second mp3 on connect. i don't know of any working music for the left 4 deads.

wanna see what they look like then just join my server and see. it's in my sig.

Could you please help me set my motd and host up? I have tired everything that I can think of. I have gameservers helping me as well and nobody can figure it out. I have gotten the motd to work. however it does not take up the whole white space. The host I can not ever get to display right. Here is the website that I am using: http://apocalypsewarzone.webs.com/
john2090073 is offline
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:08.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Theme made by Freecode