Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?

Post New Thread Reply   

retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-20-2010 , 22:04   Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #1

Does anyone else have a .dll error starting up Win TF2 server?

"The procedure entry point GetCrashHandlerFactory could not be located in dynamic link library tier0_s.dll"

I dont think its a sourcemod error, but if it is, I have tried 1.3.3 and 1.3.4 and newest MM. The hell? It started with the last tf2 update, never seen this error before then.

Last edited by retsam; 07-20-2010 at 22:07.
dungeon
Old 07-21-2010 , 07:58   Re: Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #2

do you use any other plugins other than MM/SM?
By that i mean things like server bots, antihack/cheat plugins etc, stuff which runs outside of MM/SM

I have seen similar errors, they are usually connected to faulty or old plugins trying to call functions which no longer exist.

Disable all your plugins and try vanilla, then re enable them one at a time until you get the error.
Drixevel
AlliedModders Donor
Old 07-21-2010 , 13:18   Re: Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #3

We're golden, might be corrupted OR you need to update. Then again i'm not an expert so 9/10 those are false.
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2010 , 14:32   Re: Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #4

No... No updates needed. The error is NOT sourcemod related. It still errors with SM and MM unloaded. I dont run anything past SM, MM.

I dont see how I could be corrupted when everything was fine before the last update.

The server still seemingly works fine BTW, its just the error pops up "twice" when I load the server up. Its not like I cant use the server, its just there has to be some issue now with a .dll error popping up twice...

Last edited by retsam; 07-21-2010 at 16:53.
dungeon
Old 07-21-2010 , 15:51   Re: Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #5

Hmm, i just tested on my local dedicated CSS server and i have the exact same issue, no plugins at all and yet i get this error.

Must be related to something valve have changed in the tier_0.dll file.
lolwtf
Old 07-22-2010 , 13:24   Re: Error starting up TF2 win server after last update?
Reply With Quote #6

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...1#post16224531

tl;dr:
1) Delete C:\srcds\orangebox\bin\steamclient.dll
2) Start server with Steam running