Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2

Post New Thread Reply   

Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 14:39   L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #1

Looking for a plugin that will allow the spawning of all the special infected skins from both L4D games.

Example

L4D1 Sleeved Hunter + Torn Hunter L4D2
L4D1 Hair Boomer + Balder Boomer + Boomet L4D2
L4D1 Street Smoker + Jamaican Red Smoker L4D2
L4D1 Muscle Tank + Pink Tank L4D2
Spitter, Charger and Jockey of course have no other skins until L4D3 most likely.

So again a plugin that will allow the random spawning of all those skins. NOT a plugin that will simply override one or the other which I've seen out there that only allows the skins from 1 or the skins from 2.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 15:38   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #2

you cant do that with a plugin.. at least not alone.
the models are not in l4d2 to display them.

you would need to have a vpk + plugin combo.. and by you i mean, the server + every client needs the vpk.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 15:46   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #3

Are you sure they're not? After all L4D1 data is installed with 'addon support'.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-19-2010 , 16:08   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #4

Anyone who can put this together it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't care if its server/client or requires a plugin/vpk combo.

Whatever works is whatever works I say.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2010 , 14:46   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #5

Don't really wanna bump this or pest about it but It'd be much appreciated if anyone or small collaborative team could put this thing together.
dirka_dirka
Veteran Member
Old 07-21-2010 , 20:54   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #6

atomic not all data is included.. i checked the pak02_dir.vpk file and only found common infected models.

i also know that there are a couple of vpks out there that include most if not all of the missing stuff (eg: i have combined_extra_assets_beta01.vpk). theres even a suspiciously tiny vpk that i have, called infectedforl4d1maps.vpk which is supposed to have the l4d1 infected. both of those files were created by a group that converted the maps.. dont remember who cuz they are all i still have - deleted the campaigns.
Sev
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2010 , 14:01   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #7

The special infected skins from L4D1 for L4D2 can be seen on this page by another author.

http://oprecords.com/l4donl4d2/dl.html

Again the vpk seems to only work as a means of overriding the special infected skins from the 2nd game replacing them. The goal of course is the idea of getting them all to functionally spawn at random not just one set or the other.
AtomicStryker
Veteran Member
Old 07-23-2010 , 17:54   Re: L4D2 plugin that will spawn both special infected skins from L4D1 and L4D2
Reply With Quote #8

You know, i found out the sm_downloader plugin will actually allow downloading vpk files to clients. Which would be loaded on a l4d2 restart. Now someone would have to change the file paths in the L4D1 Infected file, and you could use that content.