Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

I need some help with setting up L4D2 - 8 players coop

Post New Thread Reply   

MrTB
Old 05-20-2010 , 13:13   I need some help with setting up L4D2 - 8 players coop
Reply With Quote #1

Hi all, I ve been looking for a plugin that allows me to go above the 4 players limit in l4d2 coop.

The only reason for this would be so that we can still play coop when we re more than 4 , especially on those occasions that we are only 5 or 6 players so that we couldn t even do a versus with full teams.

The problem that i had with all my previous attempts is that I end up with a mob of bots survivors who totally ignore any command imposing a limit on their numbers.

I do not want any bots (beside the normal ones that I get when playing with less than 3 other humans), I only want the extra slots enabled for my human friends.

I would appreciate if anybody thas has managed to achieve what i m trying to do could point me in the right direction, if not show me entirely what I need to do, at least tell me what is the best plugin to use.

Thank you.
savagekid
Old 05-20-2010 , 18:39   Re: I need some help with setting up L4D2 - 8 players coop
Reply With Quote #2

What you're asking is impossible if I understood your request correctly. You want something like theres 4 bots, once those gets taken over by humans, every new player that joins gets a character spawned for them. There's currently no mod that will spawn a survivor on the fly, it must be set and spawned at the beginning of the round.

Use Coupon Code "GLOBAL50" To Get 50% Off Every Month.
Send a message via MSN to savagekid
MrTB
Old 05-21-2010 , 12:35   Re: I need some help with setting up L4D2 - 8 players coop
Reply With Quote #3

@savagekid - I m not sure I know what you mean but thanks for pointing out that maybe my post is unclear.

What I want to do is:

Be able to play a L4D2 coopgame with my friends when we are more than 4 players (up to 8 max).

- - -

What happened with the plugin I tried (Which I want to avoid):

There are extra bots that populate the server and do not take any notice of any commands issued to reduce their numbers. So I end up with a server with 12 survivors , not very good for gameplay.
When I have 4 humans or more on the server I do not need any bots at all really, I can live with a couple of bots (though I d rather not) if the plugin absolutely must have 8 survivors to work but when we get more than 8 it gets silly in my opinion.

I hope the above helped in making it clearer.