Left 4 Dead 2: RaceMod
Allows 4 player campigns to become a race to the finish.
This is my first mod. So, I apologize if anyone wants to look through my code. I'm probably doing everything wrong.
Anyway, RaceMod does pretty much what you think it does. It turns a L4D2 (and only l4d2) campaign into a race between you and your teammates. This mod really goes against l4d's spirit of teamwork because it's every man for himself! You may think running off on your own is dangerous, but do not fear! If a special infected gets you, they will be automatically be killed in about 5 seconds. Say you are really getting attacked by special infected though; If your health is/goes below 25 and you get grabbed by a special, you get god mode till he dies. Now don't get any ideas of shooting your teammates down, as friendly fire is turned off - except that fire still does FF damage. So use your molotov to block the path! If all goes well, run through the safe room door, and you will see how many points you get for your placement.
When special inf. grab you, they die in 5 seconds.
When special inf. grab you, and you have/go below 25 health you get god mode till they die.
Friendly fire is turned off except that molotovs, gascans, and fireworks still do damage if set off by you.
Race countdown to prevent fast loaders from getting a head start.
Special infected sometimes give items to their killer.
Run as fast as you can to the next saferoom.
Don't help teammates up.
Throw molotovs in your teammate's way to hurt them.
Kill special infected because sometimes they drop items.
Stay off the ground (no one will help you up, unless a bot is present)
Kill tanks and survive the finale! Remember, there are bonus points for killing tanks and witches, and any survivor who escapes gets 10 points.
Turn up molotov, bomb, fire damage. (inferno_damage 120)
Have mobs infinitely spawn. (director_panic_forever 1)
Make the adrenaline run speed higher. (adrenaline_run_speed 300)
- sm_racemod_on (default is 1, 0 = off)
- !scores or /scores - type in chat to see the current standings.
- !startrace or /startrace - type in chat to over ride the round start countdown (admins only).
Before I get into this, please, forgive me. This is my first plugin and I still don't know how things should be done. If you think you can fix it, by all means, do what you want to my code (just give me credit for the idea of RaceMod).
Crescendo events are really a gameplay killer, as some of them require that all survivors are together to turn it on. So say goodbye to your 1st place lead unless you can figure out how to use Stripper:source to help yourself get around them (or some other way).
Well I spent some sleepless nights on this because I love running ahead in Left 4 Dead. I know some of you already hate me for it. But it's just so fun to know that at any moment you could be pounced and killed so easily. Sorry again for being a noob with the code. I hope you enjoy it!
- Added bridge race to the last level of The Parish.
- Fixed saferoom coordinates that make sure players get scores.
- Added !startrace command for admins so they can over ride the round start countdown.
- Fixed an issue where a tank's death would screw up the count of how many players are still racing.
- Added a chance for special infected to give their killer an item.
- Added a tip about how special infected sometimes give items.
- Added command !scores to show current standings
- Changed scoring system to give points when a player: kills a tank, kills a witch, or pours a gas can.
- Made it so players have god mode during round count down.
- Fixed issue with score reports when players get incapped and then picked up.
- Updated tip system to include tips about new features and finale strategies.
- Made it so players get a health kit, pipe bomb, and adrenaline at the start of every round. (except for sometimes the first?)
- Fixed issues with joining and leaving people.
- The plugin wont mess up scoring when starting a game. However I'm not sure it will work 100% if you start from a level other than the first on any campaign.
- Added a tip system so that people know some random facts about RaceMod.
- Added a race countdown at the start of each level so that fast loaders don't get a head start.
- Added Cvar sm_racemod_on (default is 1, 0 = off)
- fixed some issues with friendly fire and molotovs not hurting people.
'To do' list:
- Add rewards for getting to crescendo events that require the whole team first
- Add penalties for getting incapacitated? (not sure)
- Add Cvars and stuff to make this more configurable.
Just place the .smx in the sourcemod/plugins folder... duh.