Raised This Month: $12 Target: $400
 3% 

Would be programmers PLEASE READ.

Post New Thread Reply   

Plugin Info:     Modification:   ALL        Category:         
gunmuse
BANNED
Old 04-02-2005 , 20:42   Would be programmers PLEASE READ.
Reply With Quote #1

I am not a programmer. But if your dreaming of being one or thinking of reworking someone elses project. Follow this check list.

Did I get MySql connect information from Mysql.org or Did I Google a 5 year old post that worked for Bob.

MYSQL IS NOT FASTER IF YOU DON'T USE IT RIGHT.

Use Delayed Inserts. It reduces load and is the proper way when inserting more than 3 lines at a time. I.E. 20 players Info.

USE proper statements to find Users Select * From Where Steam_ID = $USER.

When building a DB Send SQL files if you don't know how to build db's so they will load from MySql 3.1-4.1

Use Update and Only on the fields that need updateing.

DO NOT BUILD A TABLE CHECK INTO A PLUGIN.....
How many times do you build a table.... Oh yeah once. Don't build a plugin that checks to see if tables exist then builds them if they don't.

Avoid the harddrive at all costs.
The harddrive is the slowest piece of hardware in EVERY SERVER. Do not use files to store data. Mysql has what is called a HEAP table its a memory only table and its perfect if you have to connect a bunch and temporarily write down data to be stored at map end. Then you can sort and store permanently to a MyIsam table.

Reading from a harddrive to find someones skills WILL NOT lag your server as long as you FIND THE user an not search for them. You can't use a Select * statement then sort it later. It will always work great on your test server you have a total of 10 guys stats.

Most of the CPU and memory consumption comes from using Mysql MEMORY BUFFERS coding the way we have seen this done up until now.

We are building a CS GAME Platfrom that is 100% web interfaced. It will use MYSQL to interface to your plugins BUT ONLY if you code them properly.

We Laughed OUT LOUD at psychostats. In fact this will be a project we rewrite personally and trust me it doesn't have to lag a server just to read a log. We read 300,000 keywords in .07 seconds in our search I think we can handle the stats on 200 players.

Here's the deal we can't do without detracting from what we need to do. If you can get your plugin and mod to a solid standalone platform with information neatly organized in Mysql -NEATLY.
We will build a web based admin interface.

Like Selling XP from from a shopping cart, Setting up admin's and privelages from a button click.

We recently started on a server status mod and we had to throw away 90% of the code.

People use these modules as part of their business at times and security and standards must be in place. When you do this people are happy to pay you for your work.

http://www.firebesoftware.com
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-02-2005 , 22:09  
Reply With Quote #2

We don't care about your ads.. This is a forum for PLUGINS.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 04-02-2005 , 22:43  
Reply With Quote #3

Oh my god, you are a total moron.

Someone, please, ban him.
BANNED
Old 04-02-2005 , 23:15  
Reply With Quote #4

Ads not likely, Just would like to incorporate plugins.

We give away our software, problem is trying to link to your plugins ANY plugin in a usable manner for a server manager is impossible to do so without creating Search loops that search within search loops.

Old plugins don't work with 4.1 Mysql properly.

Your using shortcuts that suck down server resources because your worried about game interface and ignoring server interfaces your attaching to them.

Interfacing with the game is HALF a plugin. If it can only be managed through FTP and manually updating files, ignoring use of buffering pages before you do something stupid like use the;
PRINT command.

Your plugin's are using the PRINT command without envoking Apache's buffer first then you go into the forum and cry about CPU and Memory leaks. Your just taking shortcuts.

Doing so means that a Server company can only fit 5 games on a server versus 10. That means the cost of the games using the plug DOUBLE.

Asking you to understand the economics of what I am pointing out may be a bit much for someone who has others paying their bills. TRUST ME WE WANT PROPER CODING BECAUSE YOUR USERS DEMAND TO USE YOUR PLUGINS AND THEY COST ME MONEY.

You want donations GREAT would be happy to donate money regularly. First set a standard that respects my ability to make money.

Your childish responses are exactly why there is a problem. Quick snap answers because you don't have a clue about what goes on at the upper levels of running game servers, and game server farms.

ATT, Sprint, Union Net all want their Money every month. These servers are NOT FREE. They have a $10,000 up front cost a $100's more per month in bandwidth cost. I have spent more than $15,000 this year in Labor chasing down memory and CPU leaks to certain plugins.

Watch the "Moral High Ground" that you seek with Open source because you are not going to make Ma Bell give away free hardware and Bandwidth. Or Show me these Candy Land Server farms that have the Free handouts? No.
Then show a little respect for a demand to increase quality so we can earn some money to support your work. What sorry work ethics you must have to take constructive critism as an advertisement or an insult directly upon yourself. Or did I just point out your ignorance and lazyness in finding the proper methods.

I will make a MySql Software Engineer available to answer questions on reducing Calls to the HD and interfacing MYSQL properly, to anyone who actually cares to do things properly the first time. Otherwise just keep your wild-ass accusations to yourself no one is selling anything to anyone on this forum.
Twilight Suzuka
bad
Old 04-02-2005 , 23:45  
Reply With Quote #5

Or...instead of writing things to a mysql server, how about writing them to the memory, which is a hell of a lot faster?

Or use file methods, which are still faster then mysql?

Why should you write to the memory of a mysql database, when you can make your on on your computer, cutting out the middle man?

Also, our responses are not the problem, YOURS are. This is the wrong forum for this sort of thing to be in, and thus, all points are invalid by default.
Old 04-03-2005 , 00:18  
Reply With Quote #6

Sounds like a personal problem...
v3x
Veteran Member
Old 04-03-2005 , 01:34  
Reply With Quote #7

Quote:
Plugins
Post your plugins here. DO NOT POST HELP TOPICS.
What am I doing these days? Well, I run my own Rust server. It's heavily modded. If you'd like to join, the ip is 167.114.101.67:28116

I also created a website called Rust Tools. It will calculate and tell you the raw amounts of resources needed to craft items.