Raised This Month: $ Target: $400
 0% 

[TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?

Post New Thread Reply   

Binksy
Old 02-04-2010 , 06:24   [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #1

Everyone or most players on our server lags when they kill or die when players are around them. Is this SM or valve this also happens on others servers i tested.

We are running 1.3.0 with MM 1.8 and it sux lol.

Is this valve or sm i didn't get a chance to try with SM off yet anyone else getting this issue ?

Last edited by Binksy; 02-04-2010 at 06:28.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 07:01   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #2

TF2 has gotten a lot more resource hungry with the continuous Valve updates and this has caused many people performance problems.

It shouldnt be happening to most people on your Server though. Maybe a couple at a time at most.

What is the Tick Rate of your Server?

Can you also copy and paste your Server Rates from the server.cfg please.

Do you have a High Ping Kicker and if so, what is the ping limit. High pingers on your Server can lag other players when there are a few on.

Do you have too many slots that can be handled by the machine and connection. If you have more than 24 Slots, you could try lowering it to 24 which could also make a big difference.

- Lob (UK)
Binksy
Old 02-04-2010 , 07:07   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #3

Hey lob m8.

I just tested it on a default server our #2 its linux "not windows" it did the same to me. Basically when you kill a player or die whilst players are around you it lags. just like when you receive a achievement/weapon find. |i think its a valve bug maybe client side! but i did votes and most get it id say 70% of them get it. Also i went on like 4 known servers and did the exact same thing m8.

I am trying to beat it but i think its valve lol from my findings.

Last edited by Binksy; 02-04-2010 at 07:18.
bobbobagan
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-04-2010 , 08:57   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #4

I noticed this today on my Windows server, but I had a 340 ping (my ping never goes below 300 anyway, and I didn't notice it yesterday)... but I just fobbed it off as my lag. Maybe not...
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 10:06   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #5

Yeah, some players have reported this to me too on our server, I was thinking it was maybe SDKHooks that I recently updated but maybe not.
Lob (UK
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 10:10   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #6

Confirmed.

Binksy is spot on. It is the same on my 2Fort Server which normally runs like a dream.

Since last nights update, players are timing out by the dozens and there are numerous Sudden Spikes/Slowdowns occurring when people are being killed around other players.

There are tons of threads on the Steam Forums with the same problems. Some examples

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1134527

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1134483

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1133932

It is either something wrong with last nights update or something to do with the work Valve are carrying out today. It is more than likely the update though because Valves work isnt scheduled to even commence for a few hours yet.

It is impossible to keep a full server today there are that many clients timing out.

Valve Strike once again. There have been 6no TF2 updates already this year and it is only the first week in February. Every TF2 Update breaks something but this one takes the biscuit.

- Lob (UK)

Last edited by Lob (UK; 02-04-2010 at 10:38.
Binksy
Old 02-04-2010 , 11:17   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #7

It sux it blew my GFX don't try this lol

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum...0&postcount=10
retsam
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 19:30   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #8

Just fyi, this was the case when the demo/sold update came out. I noticed it, when you got achievements while dying, it would chug badly. It is most definitely a valve issue.
MjrNuT
SourceMod Donor
Old 02-08-2010 , 01:28   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #9

I've been having this issue since the updates of Last week. Looked like mixed reports of this experience. I didn't give much credit to it being SM related since this thread is low on activity and no new threads. Steam forums seem to show much activity about it. Therefore leading me more to a Valve issue.

The fix of disabling Steam Community too seemed to have 50/50 results.

On my windows server, I decided to quickly see if any change. Just renamed the addons folder and restarted.

The lag issue about 80% went away. Was much less and fewer occurrences, such that it was not annoying.

I haven't seen a reason to upgrade to SM 1.3 or MM 1.8 and we were running just fine prior to the updates.

So I thought I would bump this at least. I will do some testing on plugins to see if its isolated, but I can at least say there is an effect with and without SM from this limited test.

Anyone else report similar?
Binksy
Old 02-08-2010 , 03:21   Re: [TF2] Lagg when die/kill event ?
Reply With Quote #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by MjrNuT View Post
I've been having this issue since the updates of Last week. Looked like mixed reports of this experience. I didn't give much credit to it being SM related since this thread is low on activity and no new threads. Steam forums seem to show much activity about it. Therefore leading me more to a Valve issue.

The fix of disabling Steam Community too seemed to have 50/50 results.

On my windows server, I decided to quickly see if any change. Just renamed the addons folder and restarted.

The lag issue about 80% went away. Was much less and fewer occurrences, such that it was not annoying.

I haven't seen a reason to upgrade to SM 1.3 or MM 1.8 and we were running just fine prior to the updates.

So I thought I would bump this at least. I will do some testing on plugins to see if its isolated, but I can at least say there is an effect with and without SM from this limited test.

Anyone else report similar?
You see i wouldn't agree there it may have changed slightly after the update before the last. But i tried it my self with SM and MM off and the server still seemed as bad m8. I think it has nothing to do with SM and sm is not crashing here there and everywhere its valve and they suck for not fixing this issue or at least helping to fix the issue.