Raised This Month: $51 Target: $400
 12% 

VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?

Post New Thread Reply   

jekeler
Old 02-03-2010 , 10:11   VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #1

Ok, so im somewhat of a rookie on servers. but i've done quite a bit of research here lately. and i feel like i've come a long ways. but apparently not quite far enough. so my problem is this. with l4d2 server i host. using external ip. 192.168.1.blah. when i host this way. i get vac approval. BUT! i cannot join my server. i cannot use mm_dedicated to my internal or external ip. i cannot use sv_searchkey. but i can however directly connect to the game. i CAN see it in the steam list and it is vac approved. i CAN see it at the bottom right of my screen as a steam group server. i can join any and every way except through lobby. doesnt matter if i use internal or external ip for mm_dedicated_force_servers.

now, if i host my dedicated server with the command -ip xx.xx.xx.xx then i can connect through lobby. by using the mm_dedicated_force_servers command. it works every time. my friends can join. i have no problems at all. BUT i do not get VAC approved!!!! its so frustrating.

i have all ports forwarded to the correct address. etc. keep in mind the server DOES WORK. i can play on it. my friends can play on it. but something is holding it back from allowing me to get VAC approved??? and yes secure mode is checked everytime. it just doesnt get approved. my router does support NAT loopback. i have a linksys wrt150n router. connected by ethernet. the firmware has been flashed to use DD-wrt firmware. www.dd-wrt.com.

some of you will say who gives a $##t about being vac approved?! just play.. blah blah. but i would really like to get this solved. if i get it VAC aprvd then my RCON will work. My friends can see that i am actually in a game. my stats will work. i will be able to use the "add friend from current game" icon. seeing as how none of that crap works when you dont get authed. so all of ye with great minds! solve this plz! haha thanks
ivailosp
Old 02-03-2010 , 10:39   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #2

you didn't know what is VAC, did you.
lolz
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-03-2010 , 11:50   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #3

Try launch server
-insecure
server runs without VAC
Can you now join server ?

Another trick (if VAC on)
Google My IP
then console connect IP:port
because 192.168.x.x is LAN IP
not same what your friends connect

Last edited by Bacardi; 02-03-2010 at 11:50. Reason: typo
jekeler
Old 02-04-2010 , 06:02   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #4

haha ... well bacardi. like i said i can manually connect to my server using EITHER ip. my ip asigned by my ISP or my ip assigned by my router. the 192.168.xx.xx or the 76.214.xx.xx my server works. the problem is i cannot join FROM LOBBY using EITHER ip UNLESS i assign my server to the ISP ip address using command -ip 76.214.xx.xx. the problem with that method though. if i assign my server the ISP address 76.214.xx.xx my server does NOT get VAC approved. and my friends cannot find me in server, stats dont work, recon doesnt work, etc.
sorry just needed to make sure i explained correctly.

but as for using -insecure. this did not help my problem. i took off the -ip command 76.214.xx.xx and allowed the server to host on insecure mode but using default ip which is the 192.168.xx.xx. and i hosted alobby using the mm_dedicated_force_servers and used BOTH ips on 2 different occasions. each attemp failed and hosted my game locally on the computer i play on.

Last edited by jekeler; 02-04-2010 at 06:12.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 07:35   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #5

hmm.. I don't know left4dead2 lobby system.. or server.
I had tested only cs:s-srcds.exe...
I had also problems with NAT system so I disabled it.
Tired add "ports" single LAN ip

Can you test command promp (Dos-promp) this
ping steampowered.com -f -l 1300
Do you get "loss" ?

And have you firewalls background (Windows own or anti-virus)
if this cause "not approval VAC-security" on server ?
(Blocking connection to you) Add someway programs get allowed or something.

Did you add in NAT ports range TCP/UDP 27000 - 27015 ?
And if you have uTorrent, you can test shortcut keys ctrl+G (wizard) is port open
jekeler
Old 02-04-2010 , 09:56   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #6

ok, so i did the ping command. and it worked fine. it pinged steam and returned a bunch of statistics. it did not get a "loss" as for uTorrent. i dont have that. but i do have a portchecker and it says my port is open 27015. and i also have ports 27000-27040 forwarded to my server. and i have all firewalls turned off and no virus scanners on. i CAN get VAC approved im positive steam doesnt think im using cheats. sv_cheats set to 0 by the way. its only when i use the -ip command that i cant get vac approved. it seems to be some sort of router problem where steam cant access the server when i use that command. but its the only way i can personally connect with friends through lobby.
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 10:42   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #7

I found your routers menu from net.. I look it if found answers
http://www.thinkcomputers.org/old/in...reviews&id=878

Are you using wireless connection between computer and router?
jekeler
Old 02-04-2010 , 10:46   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #8

yes thats my router. and no, im not using wireless. strictly ethernet cords. i have flashed that router to use DD-WRT firmware. www.dd-wrt.com
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 11:15   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #9

ufff... I look some forum post but it tells someones XBOX connection to Live
http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/lin...ssage.id=87775
Quote:
Seems you are still online. So anyway here it goes.

1st on your XBOX make your IP Settings MANUAL and give it these values:
IP: 192.168.1.5
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.1.1

Then on your Router log-in to the Router Interface which you are familiar with. Go to Applications and Gaming and then put in this values:

Application Name: XBOX
External Port: 3074
Internal Port: 3074
Protocol: Both
IP Address: 192.168.1.5

Then save the settings. Then test your XBOX Live Connection. See if it is now OPEN instead of MODERATE.
So if you haven't yeat set your computer MANUAL IP try that.
- You now how do that ? And don't set Routers IP: 192.168.1.1
And what I want to know... Did you set
Quote:
Protocol: Both
in router settings ?

If still not work, I suggest temporarily disable NAT and try server, connect through lobby system etc etc.
But don't do this if there others share same network or you don't know what are you doing.
When disabling NAT you get new IP, not LAN ip. (Remember remove MANUAL IP to automatic)
Then... you maybe not get to network presently(web browser can't connect internet example) because in Windows 7 have this drouble. It remember old connection and not let use new one.
Can fix by deleting ethernet-driver..

Someone who have more experience routers settings can be help here
I have out ideas
Bacardi
Veteran Member
Old 02-04-2010 , 11:34   Re: VAC approval L4d2 SERVER!?!?
Reply With Quote #10

http://developer.valvesoftware.com/w...dicated_Server
+ip
-ip
have differences ? :/