0% 

[IDEA] Execute commands via Voice

Post New Thread Reply   

rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 12-14-2009 , 08:11   [IDEA] Execute commands via Voice
Reply With Quote #1

I've watched some Star Trek Deep Space Nine which created me this idea:
Is it possible, by what ever means, to create Plugin which executes the commands on Server you speak in VoiceChat ? It's called Speech Recognition, which is also a feature in at least WinVISTA and above, plus in Opera Web Browser.
Well, there's a problem I can think of for now: ban/kick/slay/alike can't be executed unless you can specify accurately who you're targeting. I've taught ppl on my Server to think of ways to indicate the suspective non-Finn talking person, like to speak of "T list first", which might be the only accurate way for such automated system.

Another likely impossibility would be that it wouldn't understand other than English, but I dunno really.

Like in Opera, you should first speak the keyword to have the Server "open its ear for you", but before that you have to use a command to auth yourself, like for ex. "sm_vrec_auth"; of course the allowed Admins must be conffed in the conf of the Plugin. In these examples the bolded word(s) is the keyword to trigger Voice Recognition:
  • SERVER COMMAND. CONFIGURE BOTS. ADD 10. [Over.]
  • SERVER. CHANGE LEVEL NOW TO de_dust.
The "[Over.]" means possible keyword to indicate the end of command/message as in military radio.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
Sammy-ROCK!
Old 12-14-2009 , 10:25   Re: [IDEA] Execute commands via Voice
Reply With Quote #2

nice :-)
now find a way to recognize voice in source engine...
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2009 , 10:45   Re: [IDEA] Execute commands via Voice
Reply With Quote #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-ROCK! View Post
nice :-)
now find a way to recognize voice in source engine...
I doubt if that's possible before hacking the Engine to monitor Voice, instead: any of the allowed Admins auths which then autoloads the part of the Plugin that records+filters the data. It keeps track of the Players' names to "see" if any of the allowed authed Admins is speaking.

Such actions as recording accompanied with filtering audio data will be highly hungry for CPU no doubt.
Send a message via ICQ to rautamiekka Send a message via AIM to rautamiekka Send a message via MSN to rautamiekka Send a message via Yahoo to rautamiekka Send a message via Skype™ to rautamiekka
Sammy-ROCK!
Old 12-17-2009 , 13:23   Re: [IDEA] Execute commands via Voice
Reply With Quote #4

You just have to find a way to make it actually work. And without causing static while sending the voice to other players.
rautamiekka
Veteran Member
Old 12-17-2009 , 13:24   Re: [IDEA] Execute commands via Voice
Reply With Quote #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sammy-ROCK! View Post
You just have to find a way to make it actually work. And without causing static while sending the voice to other players.
What on earth you're talking about ?